Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

I guess they are taking clue from RGSM Launch.

I seriously doubt on their intention to launch. Airtel has launched in 15 circles using same 2300 mhz spectrum. Infact reliance jio was the first company to start testing and adopt LTE. There were two options available wimax and LTE. Reliance jio opted for LTE. Started testing also. I think they would sell to an international telecom company like AT&T, America Movil or MTN.

Whats the point of launching patchy network and ruining the brand name for once and all.

Airtel use 2300 only for Data. Voice either switches back to 2g or 3g.

it is difficult to get a pure VOLTE network. no other operator in the world gives that.

I would rather wait for 6-9 more month to get a seamless VOLTE network on 2300/1800/850 Mhz instead of latching on it today

Nobody is having issues waiting for 6 months.. But 6 YEARS waiting is way tooooo much..

Yes, NO operator in the world gives pure VoLTE network.. Reason being pure play VoLTE tech is NOT matured yet and it will NOT mature before 2016 December again.. But then why take it in hands or store all the eggs in that basket with big hole?? Why NOT use 1800MHz for voice, better yet 1.25MHz of 850MHz for CDMA 1x voice calls and other spectrum for 4G data??

Making calls via VoLTE is a hit and miss, if there is no Sub-1GHz spectrum.. I have tested RJio sim in MP, Mah, AP and TN circles till now.. VoLTE is awesome in MP circle, as they have their own 850MHz band5 spectrum.. But in Mah circle, even the street level coverage is pretty bad (even pretty bad Airtel Band40 LTE coverage is better) and speed is very low even during night.. Mostly VoLTE calls didn't get connect during 99.99% times in Nagpur, even in open space.. VoLTE is a hit or miss in TN. Here VoLTE works just 50% of times, but speed is very very good.. Well, NOT everyone can enjoy an empty, but fully functional data network..

Overall, the network is more than ready for data purposes, even when travelling by train.. Because people will be ok, if data disconnects some times while travelling.. But its NOT ready for full fledged voice service, mainly due to VoLTE imho.. Normal 2G/3G Phones connects back to network immediately, if it returns to coverage area from no-coverage area.. But in case of VoLTE, it doesn't reconnects immediately and takes too much time in few occasions.. This is why incumbents are saying VoLTE is not matured enough and I don't think it will mature before Dec2016..

One solution is using sub-1GHz spectrum and cover all areas without dark spots (which RJio is trying now), but it will still be less effective than traditional 2G/3G calls, for eg when going and returning from underground parking places.. Second one is buying a small pan India operator and use their network as fallback, till VoLTE tech matures.. For example, they can buy Tata / aircel or even RCom and use their 2G for fallback.. But the problem will come, if effecient Band5 is used for LTE and Band 3 1800MHz as fall-back, as there will be no fall-back network for voice call. To avoid that, they can simply use 1.25MHz of CDMA spectrum for voice fallback (like Verizon in USA).. Then the only minor issue will be lack of sufficient handsets, which they can tackle using LYF brand phones, imho..

If they are really launch in Dec2016 or later, I don't think RJio will be a big success as 700MHz auction is also coming in June and all incumbents will have sufficient spectrum to safe-guard their high value customers, imho.. Then all RJio can do is, give data for cheap and get lots and lots of low ARPU data hungry users and get beating in their network.. They should launch before August at the very least, for their own goodness, imho..

• Like 1

The Cabinet has approved liberalising 800 MHz spectrum in Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, clearing the air on provisional market price and paving way for Reliance CommunicationsBSE 3.14 % to share or trade bandwidth in these areas.

The Cabinet has approved liberalising 800 MHz spectrum in Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, clearing the air on provisional market price and paving way for Reliance CommunicationsBSE 3.14 % to share or trade bandwidth in these areas.

The Cabinet has approved liberalising 800 MHz spectrum in Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, clearing the air on provisional market price and paving way for Reliance Communications

The Cabinet has approved liberalising 800 MHz spectrum in Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, clearing the air on provisional market price and paving way for Reliance Communications

The Cabinet has approved liberalising 800 MHz spectrum in Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/telecom/reliance-communications-can-now-trade-bandwidth-in-four-states/articleshow/51721270.cms

Somebody help me understand this. As far as I know volte only works between similar/compatible network. Even the rjio representative I met yesterday confirmed that.

So going by that, if no other operator is deploying volte other than rjio, we will get only benefit from it when placing calls people on rjio. Then what's the real benefit here.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

but i am getting calls from RJio numbers to my rcdma, rgsm & bsnl gsm nos.

Sent from my LG-D859 using Tapatalk

True, I am also getting marketing calls from them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Haha. Those guys are misusing the free calls in Rjio employee Sim.

Sent from my LS-5002 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Supreme Court dismisses 4G spectrum case against Reliance Jio

Source

Supreme Court has dismissed a plea challenging 4G spectrum allocation to Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (RJIL).

In a ruling, the country's apex court said that there are no irregularities in spectrum allocation and turned down plea for CBI inquiry. Regarding the charge of allowing Reliance Jio to offer voice service on 4G spectrum, SC said that it is for the government to take a decision.

The case was filed by an NGO challenging grant of 4G licences to Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio.

The apex court had earlier issued notice to the Centre, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) and RJIL on the petition of Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL) challenging the government's decision to allow Mukesh Ambani's company to offer voice services on its 4G spectrum.

The PIL, filed through Bhushan, had also sought quashing of the permission granted by the government to Reliance for providing voice telephony on Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) spectrum and pitched for a court-monitored CBI investigation in the alleged Rs 40,000 crore scam.

The petition said that the Centre's decision to allow voice telephony has given undue benefit of about Rs 22,842 crore to RJIL and corresponding loss to the Government and "is therefore arbitrary, unreasonable and discriminatory".

It had also alleged that the company was allowed "backdoor entry" into voice telephony using BWA spectrum by paying entry fee of meagre amount of Rs 1,658 crore determined way back in 2001, a figure which has been rejected by the apex court in its February 2, 2012 judgement in 2G spectrum allocation scam case.

The petition had claimed that the decision not to increase the Spectrum Usage Charges to the same level as is being paid by the other operators who provide voice telephony under Unified Access Services licence, was discriminatory.

Airtel is now definitely better placed in the 4G space.

Drawing parallels between Reliance Jio's current playbook and Reliance Communications' 2003 launch, Deutsche Bank Markets Research has said Bharti Airtel appears to be better prepared with its 4G plans and it does not anticipate any impact on its revenue share or margins from the Jio launch.

"There are parallels between Jio's current playbook and Reliance Communications' launch in 2003; the executive management is the same in both instances. Reliance Communications' pan-India launch was on a scale comparable to that of the incumbents and it surpassed Bharti's voice throughout within three years," the research report said in New Delhi on Wednesday.

"However, Bharti's revenue share and margins were not affected by its entry. Bharti appears better prepared this time and, contrary to investor expectations, we do not anticipate any impact on its rev-share or margins from Jio's launch. We believe Bharti's business performance is poised for multi-year improvement," it added.

Reliance Jio's full commercial launch is expected by December this year.

The continuity in Bharti's management and the lessons learnt post Reliance Communications' launch in 2003 have likely helped it to anticipate Jio's strategy this time around.

"Bharti has been strategic in acquiring the largest amount of incremental spectrum since 2014. This has helped it to pre-empt Jio by launching 4G on a pan-India basis and increase the competitive gap with incumbent peers, which remain spectrum constrained in their key markets," Deutsche Bank Market Research stated.

It said Jio will impact data yields but not the revenue table of the sector.

"We expect data yield to fall 20 percent per annum for next three years to reach Rs. 0.12 per MB compared to the current level of Rs. 0.24 per MB. However, we believe Jio will not affect package pricing - it is likely to offer more data at existing price points."

The report said: "Bharti rev-share and margins are unlikely to be affected by Jio's launch. Weaker players that have a combined 25 percent revenue share are more at risk."

"We forecast three-year revenue growth of 12 percent and an EBIDTA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) margin of around 38 percent for Bharti's domestic mobile business. Bharti's next phase (revival) should be marked by a better competitive position in India and recalibration of international ops, which should support multi-year stock performance," it added.

More competition is always good for us, the customers. Airtel might not have started 4G services seriously, if Jio is not there. With almost equal powered opponent and late entry, Jio has to give services to us for cheap. It's a win-win situation for us, IMHO...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How can i get a Jio Connection

Join Reliance Jio as an employee ;)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by phonegeek

How can i get a Jio Connection

Just wait for 5 days now. Jio is on the way for reliance postpaid users first.

Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk

http://goo.gl/P3Oszh

RJio ad campaign starts..Simultaneous RCom 4G, RJio soft launch next week on cards.

Sent using Tapatalk

rcom.co.in has a officially put up a poster ad on their site stating Upgrade to 4g coming soon

also in their wireline internet section you can see Ultraband listed which promises speeds upto 1Gbps in select locations only

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/ultraband-overview.html

Currently Ultraband is available at the following locations.

Seawoods Estates
Palm Beach Marg,
Sector 54/56/58,
Nerul(W),
Navi Mumbai - 4000706

Imperial Towers
B B Nakashe Marg,
Tardeo,
Mumbai - 400034

delhi, Bangalore, Bombay, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, kalkotta. on these locations Ultraband will be available, with 1Gb download speed

Okay so I got a call from reliance saying that I can upgrade to 4G network right now by getting a 4G sim from any reliance store and sending an sms.

They will stop the EvDo network within a couple of days and all the cdma phones will drop to 1x only.

Calls on the 4G network will not be 4G for now, but will use reliance gsm 2G here for calling.

Cdma services will stop totally from May 31st.

And the outlets dont have any 4G sims yet, they say they should arrive within a couple of days.

Bad news I guess for the unlimited plan users like myself.

Edited by ruiner21

Why it is a bad news for unlimited plan users?

Hey....any clarity on 4g upgrade?

I am in Delhi, got a 4G sim by courier....it said that sms sim no to 299....did that 2 days ago...waiting for 4g upgrade...

Has the 4G upgrade happened for any of you yet?

Okay so I got a call from reliance saying that I can upgrade to 4G network right now by getting a 4G sim from any reliance store and sending an sms.

They will stop the EvDo network within a couple of days and all the cdma phones will drop to 1x only.

Calls on the 4G network will not be 4G for now, but will use reliance gsm 2G here for calling.

Cdma services will stop totally from May 31st.

And the outlets dont have any 4G sims yet, they say they should arrive within a couple of days.

Bad news I guess for the unlimited plan users like myself.

Why it is a bad news for unlimited plan users?

With 4g upgrade no more unlimited plans

Data is capped 5GB, voice calls are also capped

This is from RCom CC (email)

Before processing your request, we will send you a confirmation SMS on when your request will be processed. Once the request has been processed, your current CDMA SIM will become inactive and that you will get Reliance 4G signals on the new 4G Ready Smart SIM.

Even after successful activation, we will inform you when can you do SIM swap in your 4G enabled handset to get 4G benefit.

We shall inform you through SMS prior to processing your upgrade request. You need to insert your new 4G SIM into your 4G/3G/2G compatible handset.

Sent using Tapatalk