Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

Any update on commercial launch date of JIO

Reliance Jio likely to launch 4G services on Aug 15: report

Reliance Jio Infocomm, the digital arm of billionaire Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), would offer free voice along with its data services.

The company is expected to launch its 4G services on August 15, according to a report.

“When Jio commercially launches its telco services (expected on August 15) we expect the company to offer a differentiated offering.

In our view, it will be unlimited VoLTE voice bundled with its data offering above Rs. 300 per month,” Bank of America Merrill Lynch said in a report.

“Overall, we see pressure on voice revenues and tariff hikes but do not believe VoLTE voice will materially impact industry voice revenues for the next 12-18 months,” it added.

VoLTE technology has certain inherent advantages over traditional voice including better spectral efficiency, richer voice and better call quality and lower load on network among others.

“Vendors have indicated to us that Jio has adequate capacity (850, 1800, 2300 MHz) to offer unlimited voice without congestion for the next few years at least,” the report dated August 4, said.

source

Yesterday I got JIO sim using Samsung Jio offer, and gave it to my younger brother.

He is enjoying downloads on his OnePlus 3. (but sad that currently major torrent sites are down).

I've a question:

When I inserted JIO sim the network icon in status bar shows "Volte" and "LTE".

But while using Reliance 4G or Vodafone 4G it network icon shows only "4G"

Are these technologies different? Which is better?

Which technology is more friendly to phone's battery life?

Edited by abhi.r

Yesterday I got JIO sim using Samsung Jio offer, and gave it to my younger brother.

He is enjoying downloads on his OnePlus 3. (but sad that currently major torrent sites are down).

I've a question:

Yes, volte is voice over 4g LTE. Yes, volte enabled network is more advanced than other networks which use legacy 2g or 3g network for voice fallback [CSFB]. But since volte technology is still not matured enough, it will consume more battery life for the time being...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 8/8/2016 at 11:36 AM, abhi.r said:

I've a question:

You activated the sim in your Samsung phone or directly on One+ 3? Are you getting unlimited offer on One+ 3 now?

Preview SIM purchased with LYF handset before May 16 is now working on all LTE band compatible handsets

• Like 2

I confirm.  My lyf sim is working in iPhone.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Guru Gopal said:

I confirm.  My lyf sim is working in iPhone.

Good News for preview SIM users.:D

Why only those before May 16th. What happens to preview sims purchased after that?

7 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

Why only those before May 16th. What happens to preview sims purchased after that?

For those who have completed the 90 days preview period by now. Others may have to wait till they complete the preview period.

Hi,

I have Flame 1 and getting maximum speed of 15MBPS. is it possible to increase the speed by changing the band. Kindly let me know if any resolution

• Like 1

^^ On which band/frequency did you get 15 mbps? I haven't seen any solution to bind the network to a particular band though.

2 hours ago, MGR said:

Hi,

I have Flame 1 and getting maximum speed of 15MBPS. is it possible to increase the speed by changing the band. Kindly let me know if any resolution

AFAIK Band switching feature is not available in any smartphone yet. Band selection depends on signal strength and is done automatically by the handset software as per the encrypted reference code (Norms) present in the SIM.

N.B. Specific band selection can be forced if some one can tweak and disable other bands in the handset. Don't know if any utility exists.

Edited by LTE4G

31 minutes ago, Arun said:

^^ On which band/frequency did you get 15 mbps? I haven't seen any solution to bind the network to a particular band though.

25 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

AFAIK Band switching feature is not available in any smartphone yet. Band selection depends on signal strength and is done automatically by the handset software as per the encrypted reference code (Norms) present in the SIM.

N.B. Specific band selection can be forced if some one can tweak and disable other bands in the handset. Don't know if any utility exists.

Mobile handset with MediaTek chipset supports LTE Band Locking via MTK Engineer mode [Service mode].

RJio Lyf Flame 2 supports MTK Engineer mode.

To access MTK Enginer mode - Enter *#*#3646633#*#* in the Dial pad.

I believe, if one locks handset to LTE Band 5 [850MHz], CDMA like Good coverage & Data at reasonable speed is assured on RJio

However, I am still searching for LTE Band lock solution for Qualcomm-chipset 

best wishes

On Lenovo A7000 ,in MTK Engineer mode I am not able to activate  LTE Band 5 . Its always disbaled.

2 hours ago, Hejmady said:

Mobile handset with MediaTek chipset supports LTE Band Locking via MTK Engineer mode [Service mode].

I believe, if one locks handset to LTE Band 5 [850MHz], CDMA like Good coverage & Data at reasonable speed is assured on RJio

best wishes

Flame 1 has Qualcomm® Snapdragon processor. i guess it doesn't support above USSD as nothing happens after dialing above.

3 hours ago, Arun said:

I have installed Jio Netvelocity It's not showing which band using. i am not able to identify the same. As per some blog using LTE Discovery app we can bind to particular Band for higher speed. But i dint got the success in that as well.

On Lenovo A7000 ,in MTK Engineer mode I am not able to activate  LTE Band 5 . Its always disbaled.

Because Lenovo A6000+ / A7000 / K3 note / vibe P1 doesn't support band 5 at all... Try band 3 or band 40...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hejmady said:

best wishes

That is what I also mentioned in my N.B. regrading Band selection tweak (Engineer Mode is for advance user) - but it is not provided as a feature which every layman can directly click and choose just like one can do network selection viz. GSM/WCDMA/LTE.

13 hours ago, Hejmady said:

best wishes

5 hours ago, LTE4G said:

That is what I also mentioned in my N.B. regrading Band selection tweak (Engineer Mode is for advance user) - but it is not provided as a feature which every layman can directly click and choose just like one can do network selection viz. GSM/WCDMA/LTE.

I am a layman & not at all an advanced user!

To access MTK Engineer mode you do not need to install any App or connect to PC, just Enter *#*#3646633#*#* in the Dial pad - select Band - Enable Band 5 [850 MHz]  & Keep other bands disabled under LTE Bands and you are done. it is as simple as switching on/off your mobile handset!

best wishes

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hejmady said:

To access MTK Engineer mode you do not need to install any App or connect to PC, just Enter *#*#3646633#*#* in the Dial pad - select Band - Enable Band 5 [850 MHz]  & Keep other bands disabled under LTE Bands and you are done. it is as simple as switching on/off your mobile handset!

best wishes

I am already aware of that and has been using Engineer Mode for tweaking. But it is not provided as a feature - the way you can select Network Mode, Theme, Screen light out etc. And if you are able to type and get into Engineer mode and think it is easy - beleive me there are people who dont even know how to select different Network Mode which is a default feature and rely on their younger ones for even changing wallpaper.

Edited by LTE4G

1 hour ago, Hejmady said:

best wishes

1 hour ago, LTE4G said:

I am already aware of that and has been using Engineer Mode for tweaking. But it is not provided as a feature - the way you can select Network Mode, Theme, Screen light out etc. And if you are able to type and get into Engineer mode and think it is easy - beleive me there are people who dont even know how to select different Network Mode which is a default feature and rely on their younger ones for even changing wallpaper.

16 hours ago, LTE4G said:

since you mentioned, "Don't know if any utility exists........" I had to respond with details of MTK Engineer mode. However, nice to hear that, you are familiar with MTK Engineer mode and using the same.

I believe this forum is for people who want to discuss & update technical possibilities. it is agreed that majority of the users are ignorant of the default features available on the gadgets they purchase.

thanks & regards

19 hours ago, MGR said:

Flame 1 has Qualcomm® Snapdragon processor. i guess it doesn't support above USSD as nothing happens after dialing above.

I have installed Jio Netvelocity It's not showing which band using. i am not able to identify the same. As per some blog using LTE Discovery app we can bind to particular Band for higher speed. But i dint got the success in that as well.

You have to use NetVelocity Enterprise app to see the band information

9 hours ago, Hejmady said:

best wishes

Thanks for sharing this. I am inclined to buy  mediatek phone now....the seem so much hackery friendly :)

5 hours ago, Arun said:

You have to use NetVelocity Enterprise app to see the band information

If u have the latest NetVelocity Enterprise app, kindly share with me. The one i have is not opening, as  soon i open that app it ll show popup to upgrade n error ll come

• Like 1

It should upgrade to the latest version... that's how I upgraded to the latest version and don't have a link for the latest version. Try re-installing it and see?

• Like 1