Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

14 hours ago, Arun said:

It should upgrade to the latest version... that's how I upgraded to the latest version and don't have a link for the latest version. Try re-installing it and see?

Thank u bro. i have reinstalled n tried but same result. if possible can u pls backup the apk using cleanmaster or esexplorer n upload it. Sorry for troubling u again...

August 12th and no information about the so called commercial launch of jio on Aug 15 guess it's just another date like the ones we got before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me 4g lte working in iphone . Tamilnadu circle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Jio will launch in December , they close unlimited offer September.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Any idea whether we will be able to use jiojoin app outside India to receive and make calls/texts? An alternate solution to expensive international roaming.

• Like 1

Has jio service launched today? Jio guys said it will be commercially available from Aug 15th ..

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, maniac8828 said:

Has jio service launched today? Jio guys said it will be commercially available from Aug 15th ..

Looks like, They forgot to tell you the year...

• Like 4

Its like "Taareekh pe Taareekh, Taareekh pe Taareekh aur kitni....." . Made me realize I am in India.:D

By jio is launched, avoid group will have most 4g willing customer in their basket

16 hours ago, maniac8828 said:

Has jio service launched today?

Ha ha ha ...funny part is AVOID group is offering reduced tariff for every announcement date

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alugobi said:

Ha ha ha ...funny part is AVOID group is offering reduced tariff for every announcement date

Either way Jio seems to provide benefit to Indian subscribers whether they use Jio or not - that too before commercial launch.:D

• Like 1

Avoid has increased data pack size but not reduced cost . I guess they will do it once jio launches other wise everyone will abandon avoid and port out .

Sent from my SM-G900H

Hope Jio commercial launch on next year , we can use unlimited offer till commercial launch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any method by which I can get the sim? I want to use it with my iPhone

1 hour ago, maniac8828 said:

Any method by which I can get the sim? I want to use it with my iPhone

Get samsung sim showing your one of the samsung phone (mentioned in the JIO site) to them. (either borrow or if you have one)  Activate the Sim in iPhone itself, you will get 2gb 100 minutes and 100 sms.  PM me your jio number and password.  I will activate unlimited to you.   PS only iPhone6,6s and SE models works. 

Edited by Guru Gopal

10 minutes ago, Guru Gopal said:

Get samsung sim showing your one of the samsung phone (mentioned in the JIO site) to them. (either borrow or if you have one)  Activate the Sim in iPhone itself, you will get 2gb 100 minutes and 100 sms.  PM me your jio number and password.  I will activate unlimited to you.   PS only iPhone6,6s and SE models works. 

Guru Ji,

Can we get multiple JIO SIM's using the same samsung mobile. My friend has S7 Edge, i got 1 sim using that phone and using it now on redmi.

Thanks. But in my area they are noting down the imei number of the phone when you take the sim... Won't that create any problem?

Also, is there anyway I can get an employee sim? I have an employee friend who is willing to help but he is in Mumbai and I am in Bangalore...

is there anyway I can get an employee sim? I have an employee friend who is willing to help but he is in Mumbai and I am in Bangalore...

So what? Ask him to send you Mumbai circle employee sim [with his address as local reference] and courier it to your address. All Jio benefits are working in roaming circles as well, except that free minutes get reduces in minutes instead of seconds as in home circle [but that's not a big deal actually, imho]

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, maniac8828 said:

Thanks. But in my area they are noting down the imei number of the phone when you take the sim... Won't that create any problem?

Also, is there anyway I can get an employee sim? I have an employee friend who is willing to help but he is in Mumbai and I am in Bangalore...

no problem at all. (Forget about IMEI number noted by JIO)  Just do it as I said,  your number will be activated for unlimited for 90 days.  If you want only employees sim, it is your choice.  (employee sim will be issued in the name of employee but not in your name)   Employee sim works in roaming for free.  Only problem for other who wants to call you, they have use STD not local. 

Edited by Guru Gopal

3 hours ago, iamrafic said:

Guru Ji,

Can we get multiple JIO SIM's using the same samsung mobile. My friend has S7 Edge, i got 1 sim using that phone and using it now on redmi.

I never used any samsung phone to get samsung sim.  I use always Iphone IMEI to get samsung sim.  Some times HTC imei.  If i activate unlimited.  Jio server ignore  IMEI matching from your sim during unlimited period of 90 days. 

I got JIO sim activated but within hours I got no signal on the sim after activating 90 days preview offer. Now jio SC person says that use that sim in Samsung (any one out of 11) phone not in another phone.

Any idea or help that how can I use that sim in other phone.

I never used any samsung phone to get samsung sim.  I use always Iphone IMEI to get samsung sim.  Some times HTC imei.  If i activate unlimited.  Jio server ignore  IMEI matching from your sim during unlimited period of 90 days. 

The jio guys want to see the phone in your hand and they note down the imei. I have also heard that for some folks the sim stopped working after few days and cc told to use the sim in the same phone which was used during taking the sim...
Happened with one of my friend..

I got a message saying my preview offer will expire today(completed 3 months)  and I need to Recharge, anyone else got message? 

Has the preview offer expired or it'll be renewed.  I have a flame 1 handset. 

13 hours ago, Guru Gopal said:

Guru Ji,

In bangalore they are not giving SIM with IMEI. They are asking for coupon code as well. I have an iPhone 6s, can i use the IMEI to get a JIO SIM?