:previous:

More info at RCOM's website here

Still Nowhere comparable with TATA DOCOMO :rofl_200:

Docomo INTERNET : 48 Rs - 2 GB Free - 30 Days Validity

Also DOCOMO have better coverage.. :Riendo:

We Expect more from Reliance .. :grin:

-Sharafu

Still nothing for CDMA. :cursing:

Yes...Docomo has 6GB for Rs 95 with 30 days validity...it's no where near that...Docomo rocks...migrated tomorrow from Vodafone to Docomo :D

Still nothing for CDMA. :cursing:

Well even if they launch such plan for CDMA...the NUC will inflate the charges many folds...unless they remove NUC from CDMA...there is no point of having such packs for CDMA...

Edited by konquerror

NUC is major setback for Reliance

Reliance people if u r watching this forum do Remove this bloody NUC form CDMA. its really pathetic

previous.gifThey don't care what we think about it, as long as they make money! The best/only effective way to protest against it is to just move out it without waiting.

Are these new plans valid for rcomnet APN?

Hoped for better than this from RCom... not good enough compared to the competition. NOTriste.gif

Edited by raccoon

:previous:

They are valid for everything you want to do with GPRS - mobile or pc....

Check the link I posted and you will know everything....

Last 2 weeks, I was on holiday in HP and my son and nieces made full use of the Rs 26 pack valid for 3 days. GPRS was working everywhere in HP - even the remotest places. And the speeds were quite tolerable (not too good as I am used to good old BSNL BB speeds) And yes I used RCOMNET all the time.... But yes, once the Rs 26 pack benefit was over, Rs 2 was being deducted for god knows how many kb.

And yes, we were not able to latch onto Vodafone for even voice calls at many places in HP. I did not try using RGSM's voice services as I had RCDMA which was my primary number for voice calls - and whoa, what an amazing network they have for RCDMA.

Edited by KumaarShah

previous.gif Just checked, thanks. Seems the same tariffs apply for rcomnet now.

I have to use rcomnet as otherwise Opera Mini doesn't work on my mobile. And yes, I'v been wondering myself about this Rs. 2 charge. No idea for how many KB or mins its good for. confused.gif Currently I could use frequent access but less data throughput... so this Rs. 2 everytime I simply start my browser is too much. mad.gif

Edited by raccoon

Reliance Communications, Indias single largest Dual Technology Service Brand recently re-modified its Mobile Internet plans Nationwide.

Earlier the default Browsing/downloading charges were 50p/Mb but now it has been increased to a whopping 10p/10kb.

RCOM also launched 2 new Mobile Net packs at two attractive price points that are at Rs 5 and Rs 51 for its GSM/RTL Prepaid customers and 1 new Mobile Net pack for its GSM/RTL post-paid customers.

Also, now enjoy Single data plan that provides easy and cost-efficient internet access wherever you want, whenever you want, be it on your Mobile phone, PC or even on your Laptop. Subscribe to the new mobile net packs hassle free with Quick subscription to Mobile-Net through R World, SMS, USSD, or the web (www.rcom.co.in).

The PLAN details are:

1. Prepaid:

MobileNet 0 Pay as you go

Rental: Free No rental charges! Browsing charges 10paisa/10 Kb.

To subscribe Go to Rworld > mobile net> Subscription>

MobileNet 5 Day Pack

Rental: Rs. 5/- per day. Browsing up to 50 MB free.

To subscribe use any of these options:

o SMS M5 to 51234 (Toll-free)

o Dial *123*005# (Toll-free)

o Log on to Rworld -> mobile net-> Subscription-> MobileNet5

MobileNet 51 Fortnight Pack

Rental: Rs.51/- for 15 days. Unlimited browsing upto 1GB free.

To subscribe use any of these options:

o SMS M51 to 51234 (Tollfree)

o Dial *123*051# (Tollfree)

o Log on to Rworld -> mobile net-> Subscription-> MobileNet51

2. Postpaid:

To subscribe through Rworld on your mobile Click Rworld ->MobileNet-> Subscription->

MobileNet 0 Pay as you go

Rental: Free -No rental charges. Browsing charges 10paisa/10 Kb.

MobileNet 99 Monthy Pack

Rental: Rs.99/- . Validity 30 Days , Usage: Unlimited browsing upto 2.5GB free.

For More details, log on to www.rcom.co.in or call *333 from your Reliance Mobile of 30333333 from any other phone.

Source :http://telecomtalk.info/

Edited by kepal

10p/10kb translates to Rs. 10/MB compared to the earlier 50p/MB. Seems RCom is getting really bright "Ideas". mad.gif

I don't understand the word

"Unlimited browsing upto 2.5GB free."

Anybody can explain ???

No use of cheap or competitive plans until they improve the RCOM GSM network and voice quality.

I ever see such a pathetic network and voice quality.

Two months back I have migrated to TaTa Docomo. Speed of GPRS us incomparable and voice quality is as good as CDMA.

I am planning to shift to all my accounts to TaTa Docomo if they offered other states plans to Maharashtra.

previous.gifThey don't care what we think about it, as long as they make money! The best/only effective way to protest against it is to just move out it without waiting.

Are these new plans valid for rcomnet APN?

Hoped for better than this from RCom... not good enough compared to the competition. NOTriste.gif

@Kepal

Is this for CDMA & well GSM or Only GSM

if CDMA than we need to pay NUC extra

Anybody can explain ???

You think anybody else here understands it? Only the expert inguists at RCom can supply you that explaination. grin.gif

No use of cheap or competitive plans until they improve the RCOM GSM network and voice quality.

Two months back I have migrated to TaTa Docomo. Speed of GPRS us incomparable and voice quality is as good as CDMA.

I am planning to shift to all my accounts to TaTa Docomo if they offered other states plans to Maharashtra.

How is Docomo inside buildings and on the outskirts of Poona, as of now?

I'm sure in-building coverage won't be comparable to RCDMA... or is it??

Edited by raccoon

upto 2621440 bytes = UNLIMITED for Reliance :Riendo:

2621441st Byte & afterwards its chargeable ... :Riendo:

Edited by aalok

@parin , as per article which i attached it's only for GSM only.

ok than its of no use to me

as i am on CDMA

Anybody can explain ???

You think anybody else here understands it? Only the expert inguists at RCom can supply you that explaination. grin.gif

How is Docomo inside buildings and on the outskirts of Poona, as of now?

I'm sure in-building coverage won't be comparable to RCDMA... or is it??

At least In my office [Kalyani Nagar] and in my home, I am getting full signal strength. Quality of signal strength is as good as CDMA.

But outskirts of Pune and some other places Docomo is still needs improvement.

Reliance GSM has passed more than 2 years but nework is not that good, Even in West Bengal it was from So many days

So i think docomo is doing well

Actually if they launch unlimited plans in the basis of daily rental and weekly and monthly .........its usefull

Has anybody suffered these plans?

I attempted to activate Rs. 5/day plan as my BSNL broadband has been totally dead since 3 days.

Made 4 attempts to activate by sending SMS and one attempt by dialing the given number. SMS got no confirmation message and dialing displayed a message on the screen that request is accepted.

Still I had my doubts so called up Customer Care at least 3 times. One of the guys told me he has activated it from his side. I call again to confirm and the guy says plan is definitely active and I can start using without doubts.

So I used it and in just about 15 - 20 mins about Rs. 40 got wiped off from my main balance. cursing.gif In fact I thought about checking my balance as I still had my doubts... else my entire balance would have gotten wiped off in the next few minutes. All this was at night... after midnight.

Now the funniest thing is that I get an SMS in the morning informing me that as requested by me, the daily plan has been unsubscribed! Confuso.gif

Then after sometime, I get an SMS saying the plan is now active and Rs. 5 was deducted!!

Customer care says the plan is valid for 24 hours. The SMS received says its upto 12 midnight only.

Customer care says it does not auto renew. SMS gives instructions for un-subscribing. confused.gif

Really disgusting state of affairs... don't have the time to do all this everytime I want to access thru GPRS. Maybe its really time I switched to Docomo.

Edited by raccoon

Today, well after a week since they pilfered my account, they reversed all the charges. smile.gif

Hope they fix all their activation issues.

Reliance Communications, India’s single largest Dual Technology leader has launched 2 more Mobile Net (GPRS) Packs for prepaid Customers Nationwide (GSM/RTL) in addition to Rs.5 and Rs.51 packs.

The 2 new packs which are launched are priced attractively at just Rs.29 and at Rs.99. With “Mobile Net 29” you can get FREE usage up to 500 Mb with 7 days validity and with “Mobile Net 99” you can get FREE usage up to 2.5 Gb with 30 days of validity.

Earlier in the last post, we mentioned that Reliance Communications launched Mobile Net 99 pack for only POSTPAID customers and now the same offer has been extended for the prepaid customers.

The offers are tabulated below:

Particulars Mobile Net 29 Mobile Net 99

MRP (Rs.) 29 99

Talk Time - -

Free Usage 500 Mb 2.5 Gb

Validity 7 days 30 days

Fine Print Free usage has to be consumed within 15 days or will be lapsed Free usage has to be consumed within 30 days or will be lapsed

Note : The above two Mobile Net Packs are available ONLY THROUGH E-RECHARGE.

As a promotional offer, Reliance is offering Free multimedia content (Wallpapers, ringtones, videos, animations) worth Rs 99 with “Mobile Net 99” pack. For content Download Click: R World > Info & Utilities > Mobile Net Zone

For More, Call *333 or 30333333 (toll free) from any of your Reliance Phone.

source here