Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JHS

Tweaking LG RD6000 & Bitpim

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie to Reliance handsets and have jes got this LG RD6000. I would love to know apart from RWorld how else can I add ringtones and wallpapers to this handset?

Thanks - JHS :)

please take some photos from the phone and upload them so that we can all get an idea about the pic quality.

would love to know apart from RWorld how else can I add ringtones and wallpapers to this handset?

As of now there is No other known means of adding ringtone & walpapers other than using MMS in R-World. That doesn't mean U can't upload Ur custom wallpaper & Ringtone. U need to upload(send) Ur file to Ur MMS inbox as an E-mail & Save it from Ur h/s.

To know more visit this Topic:

Sending Your Own Ringtones/wallpapers Thru R-world

And JHS

We would be happy to hear a review about Ur New handset!!

Thanx Code for the info.

Guys I'm on the move, and moreso ever have this phone only since past 10 days, will post a review in 7-10 days time. :P

I am a newbie to Reliance handsets and have jes got this LG RD6000. I would love to know apart from RWorld how else can I add ringtones and wallpapers to this handset?

21339[/snapback]

hey there

if u want 2 add ringtones n pic 2 ur 6000 just send a mail 2 ur cell adding pic(preferably 170x130) n a midi tone and send it in foll. format

91+ur rim no@mms.ricmail.com

eg 919312345678@mms.ricmail.com

and finally save the pic and ring tone

Tip: try sendin less than 3 pic and tones at a time.

dis was my first eva post....... hope it helped

Hey JHS, why don't u write a review on the lg6000. Share ur experiences of ur phone with all of us.

21343[/snapback]

will be posting the review soon.

Hii Guys,

:angry: i have recently updated my handset from RD 7130 to RD 6000. I want to transfer my phone book from 7130 to 6000. I have got usb cable and download the software of 7130 from www.lgmobiles.com. I am able to synchronize the phone numbers from 7130 to system but unble to transfer back to 6000 it shows a error that user is proper or something. i tried with software of 6130 it says "xConnector6000.dll" not found. Please help as i have 600 numbers. Please email me the solution on my email

ahuja_sumit@yahoo.com

Will be always thankful to you

Sumit Ahuja

I just bought the new LG 6000 and I do not know how to download the images to my PC. I have spoken with CC and LG people. Noone has a clue.

Can anyone help me out with it.

i think i could help u -_-

jus send a e-mail 2 urself in the foll format

91+ur rim no.@mms.ricmail.com

u can add text and midi files 2. u'll recieve them in mms format n then save the pix n tones.

try using bitpim.

it can be downloaded free at www.bitpim.com

gids, devesh is asking about pc link ???

hey jhs it would be nice if u post ur review abt this handset , it would help me to buy the same

please take some photos from the phone and upload them so that we can all get an idea about the pic quality.

try using bitpim.

it can be downloaded free at www.bitpim.com

22974[/snapback]

Hey gids i tried to go to that site but all it shows is search the s/w.

I may be wrong and i need this sync badly thas why can u post a link to the sync s/w ?????

Hii Guys,

:)   i have recently updated my handset from RD 7130 to RD 6000. I want to transfer my phone book from 7130 to 6000. I have got usb cable and download the software of 7130 from www.lgmobiles.com. I am able to synchronize the phone numbers from 7130 to system but unble to transfer back to 6000 it shows a error that user is proper or something. i tried with software of 6130 it says "xConnector6000.dll" not found. Please help as i have 600 numbers. Please email me the solution on my email

ahuja_sumit@yahoo.com

Will be always thankful to you

Sumit Ahuja

22701[/snapback]

Lg PC Snyc (for RD 6000) is available on the Reliance site. Please download it. I have it in CD format, if you need a CD, please pm me.

First save your phone book of 7130 in csv format and than import the csv in the PC Sync for RD 6000 and just upload. I transferred my phone book from 2030 to 6000 and it went off smoothly.

Hi Guys,

Thanks - JHS :)

21339[/snapback]

Dear JHS,

User BitPim, it works like magic. Just take care to first reduce the size of wallpapers to (120 x 131) size in .bmp format. Bitpim does the conversion for you but does a very lousy job. You can use photoshop to do the conversion. If you do not have photoshop, just dowload irfanview (its freeware) and resize your images and convert them to .bmp with irfanview and upload them to you phone using bitpim.

I have uploaded some wallpapers and they are just brilliant on the phone. I have not tried uploading ringtones, that is my next project and as soon I sucessfully upload some, I will post it here.

hey :grin: devesh we can do the same thingie frm the email upload and download photos. I dont mean to offend u in anyway but apart frm photos and ringtones whatelse cn we do using bitpim coz i wanna do PAISA VASOOL of my cable if at all i m gonna get it now.

1)Phone book sync ?

2)and more .. if any?

Thanks in advance :):grin:

here are sum pics for others to see which i took frm this phone. its PREITY ZINTA hope ya guys like it

????

post-2576-1104901491_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chirag

Hi Guys,

hey  :grin: devesh we can do the same thingie frm the email upload and download photos. I dont mean to offend u in anyway but apart frm photos and ringtones whatelse cn we do using bitpim coz i wanna do PAISA VASOOL of my cable if at all i m gonna get it now.

1)Phone book sync ?

2)and more .. if any?

Thanks in advance :)

23472[/snapback]

Yes, you can do the same with email. But it is much faster with cable and bitpim. For PC Snyc, I am using LG Sync software, you can also use bit pim.

With bitpim, you can transfer wallpapers, ringtone, phonebook and calender, though I have not tried all the funtion.

The cable is available for Rs.400/- so I do not think it is such a big investement.

Edited by Chirag

Is it possible to transfer photos taken by camera in lg rd6310 to the pc using data cables ??? If yes then by which one serial port cable or usb port cable. ???? Kindly those who are able to do this reply as I am planning to buy a cable for same.

Is it possible to transfer photos taken by camera in lg rd6310 to the pc using data cables ??? If yes then by which one serial port cable or usb port cable. ???? Kindly those who are able to do this reply as I am planning to buy a cable for same.

23585[/snapback]

You can upload / download photos and wallpapers using the datacable. You can buy either serial or usb or a usb/serial convertor. Phone supports both serial as well as usb protocols. I believe the cable supplied by LG is a usb / serial convertor. If anyone has bought a cable from LG / Webworld, do let me know if it is a straight usb cable of a usb / serial convertor type.

hi folks,

I've recently bought the LG 6000 but am not able to get the email thing working. Have sent a pic clicked by camera to an email id and it goes fine..but when i try to send a pic to my cell from the net through email, i do not receive the mms..

before sending the wallpaper, i did the following (c if i did something wrong):

- saved pic from the net as bmp to my comp

- opened and resized the pic to dimensions 120*131 using irfanview (final pic size 46 kb)

- attached it to a mail and sent it to 91+my reliance no@mms.ricmail.com

haven't received the mms..tried sending it yesterday and again today but with no luck..can anyone help me out?

also, how much does it cost to send pics as email from the phone?

cheers,

aman

:help: r world and PC synch hassles-RD6000

Hi to all,

Newbie here from Hyderabd

Got an RD6000 set recently and am having problems:

1. Using original LG cable with their software for r world. Problem is -frequent disconnections( when continous downloading is not taking place ,such as a large file). When you try to re connect it shows error 660. If you disconnect the set and try a little later it works. But, can you imagine doing it every 2 minutes :lol: Things already done, but doesnt help:

reliance softawre download & Reliance cable combo is worse-it doesnt connect

Formatting my PC and re-installing Win 98SE

Tweaking modem settings by adding s10=55 and also increasing idle disconnect time to max

2. PC synch SW supplied by LG doesnt work. Couldnt find the same on Reliance site?

3. Does anybody know the helpline Number of LG( am an optimist and would like to think they are better than those duheads at reliance-actually anybody else will be better :P

will be happy to hear any suggestions

You can contact Lg thro helpline@lgmobiles.com They will respond

immediately upon recieving ur mail.Give ur mobile no also.This is my

experience

SIVASHANKKAR

Edited by skssha

experience

SIVASHANKKAR

24051[/snapback]

thanx a ton -will mail soon

experience

24051[/snapback]

Ya, the LG folks sent an SMS giving me a link that wont open :confuse: Pls help.Thanx in advance

Ya, the LG folks sent an SMS giving me a link that wont open :confuse: Pls help.Thanx in advance

24292[/snapback]

Give the Link here to try my self

Edited by Chirag