Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
test

Is Tata Indicom Still Accepting Foreign MEID?

Cant we do something about the handset activation witg TI? Will writing a letter to Anil Sardana or Ratan Tata himself with a massive sign campaign? This restriction on handset activation is the only area TI pisses me off! :( Other than that I am pretty satisfied with the tariff and network. It is being used as my primary no. since past 3 years! So wont be quiting them but will be using the alternative ones - Idea, Aircel, BSNL more.

^

Same thing here, there is no other reason apart from CAVE to plan to leave Tata.

I think all should get together and make realize tata where they lack and to allow Meid registration

^

Wrong

They will never listen. No one is allowing MEID registration (Leave the Guru's way alone)

Only MNP is our hope. Maybe after losing customers they will realize where they are lacking and thats the time we hit the spot.

In my case they registered MEID(ESN) thrice on request ,after my 8330 could not be programmed(I am a corporate customer so they agreed to register the ESN as i told them it was a chinese clone BB and not original BB as i didnt want the BIS/BEs service).That didnt work SO i took help from Hitesh .After his help using postpaid SIM ,BB got activated but It only worked for about 6-7 hours and got deactivated at midnight).Then I bought one post paid SIM for activating my old chinese set (which has no battery life and non working mic) .They kept ota activation for that SIM so it could not be activated even after regestering ESN,then they made me buy another Post paid SIM which they could activate somehow.

SO Now I have 3 ESN's registered but not working and a BB 8330 which i use as a paperweight ,I think the real issue is technical competency of tata personnel in activation .

In my case they registered MEID(ESN) thrice on request ,after my 8330 could not be programmed(I am a corporate customer so they agreed to register the ESN as i told them it was a chinese clone BB and not original BB as i didnt want the BIS/BEs service).That didnt work SO i took help from Hitesh .After his help using postpaid SIM ,BB got activated but It only worked for about 6-7 hours and got deactivated at midnight).Then I bought one post paid SIM for activating my old chinese set (which has no battery life and non working mic) .They kept ota activation for that SIM so it could not be activated even after regestering ESN,then they made me buy another Post paid SIM which they could activate somehow.

SO Now I have 3 ESN's registered but not working and a BB 8330 which i use as a paperweight ,I think the real issue is technical competency of tata personnel in activation .

VERY TRUE... Mine is also a corporate connection.. Like your case, initially they tried something and got NO results.. Later Hitesh ji and Sumit bhai helped me and LUCKILY my BB got activated permanently..

I was among the few, who got corporate connections when TI reached my town, many years back.. Again I will be among the first few, who are leaving Indicom in my town after MNP..

^

Your case wasnt luck at all. Its was done systematically.

The time you got yours activated, a-key had no meaning as they used to accept foreign esn, now the whole scenario is changed.

Will give the backend a personal visit to see what can be done for the same.

Well I think we should rename this topic as ''TATA showing true face'' or something :( It is really sad that they, being respected worldover, patriotic and all are degrading themselves to the likes of Govt. departments. Anyway no use crying over it as they wont least care. In this scenario I am however very much curious to know how the statistics of Operators will change after MNP implementation.

As per Hetal ji, he has already convinced Reliance to start accepting MEID legally, he also confirmed Tata is gonna follow as well.

Its just a long wait we all need to go through.

As per Hetal ji, he has already convinced Reliance to start accepting MEID legally, he also confirmed Tata is gonna follow as well.

If it happens, it will be really great.

Tata aint gona start accepting meid so soon

so just dont get hopes too high

All issues are coz of Akey and hence SSD mismatch

in Indian setup we should know how to do "jugad"

thats only way things work here ......

Time from when MD promises somethings it takes months if not year for it to be implemented

So for now , your best chances are to either buy from someone who can sell on tata (not talkers ) or to wait for MNP as last resort

Thats why I have specified

{Long Wait}

As far as 'Jugaad' is concerned, light me a path and I can find it out. Just that I am not able to make out where to start.

• Like 1

Dear All,

I am from banglore and I have a foreign htc Touch pro cdma.I wan to get a tata indicom connection for that cell.

I went to one of tata indicom shop and asked them , but they were not sure about that.

After reading many forums, i did following things so far,

1] Unlocked cell (set SPC to 000000) using QPST tool

2] Loaded tata indicom Prl file.

And now the mobile is getting tata indicom signal.

I believe that now I need to get a connection from tata indicom along with 14 digit activation PIN and activate by dialing *228.

Please guide me in doing this. Is there any Tata indicom guy here from banglore who can help me in getting a new connection?

And i have one more doubt, What about the mobile number (MDN)? do i have to edit it manually in EPST or will it be update when i activate using *228?

Thanks

try your luck !!

Akey Issue still going on with Tata???. please can anyone update on this?

U need to add ur esn / meid along with akey to activate ur no on TI. Thats possible if u have very good contacts there. Without that its impossible.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

is tata still accepting foreign esn specially for bb?

I have provided MEID and A-Key, but the Tata person at customer care (who has been handling these requests) said he does not have the permission to add/specify A-Key and instead redirected me to the gray market. The people in the Jagadish market (a gray market in Hyderabad) charge around INR 1800 to register the ESN/MEID on Tata Indicom. So I asked him how the gray market people have more access to the ESN/MEID database than Tata Indicom Hyderabad H.O. He told me that the concerned person in TTSL office at Mumbai has not responded to his mails to register the MEIDs over the last few days. He even showed me the emails. So I just told him that I am planning to port out since it is cheaper than paying the gray market and even sent a port out request. I am getting very good CUG offers on Vodafone Postpaid for my company starting from as low as Rs 99 for 200minutes of local talk time and very good 199 PPS Plan for 9000seconds each of national V2V, V2O and V2L. So I am not losing much. Lets see how this works out.

U need to add ur esn / meid along with akey to activate ur no on TI. Thats possible if u have very good contacts there. Without that its impossible.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

Hello Guys,

I got my ESN registered from Tata indicom. I had changed my prl earlier from Verizon to Tata. The tata personnel did the *228 and the system said, my phone has been successfully programmed to Tata Indicom. But after a while, my phone got blocked and the system showed: "AKEY Not Present In the Database." (I saw this message in the Tata Indicom Service Centre).

Well My question is, if we register our ESN to the Tata Network, will i be required to change the PRL before registering or after registering?

Or the change of prl is not at all necessary? Does system automatically update the Phone Verizon Prl to tata Indicom?

Thank you.

From what I know, if you registered the ESN with Tata Indicom before they started enforcing Akey registration, it should continue working provided you haven't updated the radio ROM or reset the phone to factory condition. However *228 will not work and so if you did reset the phone to factory settings, you will no longer be able to activate/program the phone through OTA.

If you try re-registering the ESN you will get the error "AKEY Not Present In the Database.". I am trying to transfer my number from my existing non-RUIM phone to a new one. However I am unable to do so due to the same issues. I have escalated the matter to the nodal officer, and although he said that 99% it would not be possible, he has promised to try his best and get back to me in a few days, primarily because I am a postpaid customer. Just in case it would not work out, I am planning to port out to MTS as they are more than willing to register ESNs/MEIDs.

Hello Guys,

I got my ESN registered from Tata indicom. I had changed my prl earlier from Verizon to Tata. The tata personnel did the *228 and the system said, my phone has been successfully programmed to Tata Indicom. But after a while, my phone got blocked and the system showed: "AKEY Not Present In the Database." (I saw this message in the Tata Indicom Service Centre).

Well My question is, if we register our ESN to the Tata Network, will i be required to change the PRL before registering or after registering?

Or the change of prl is not at all necessary? Does system automatically update the Phone Verizon Prl to tata Indicom?

Thank you.

For both of you problem is akey

Convience them toaccept the akey made by u in there system. Put the same akey in ur phone

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I did give the akey. I even spoke with the nodal officer. I was supposed to get a revert within a couple of days, but did not. When I called up I was informed that it would not be possible. So planning to shift to Idea or Airtel.

For both of you problem is akey

Convience them toaccept the akey made by u in there system. Put the same akey in ur phone

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Edited by anandjm

Just got a call from Tata Indicom Nodal office. I have been told that they can try to activate my MEID on 1xRTT only and not EvDO. I have given my MEID and AKey. Lets see how this works out.

In the meantime, I thought of posting part of the official reply I have received in the evening from Tata Indicom MD's office which seems to be name "Customer Escalation Desk"

Dear Mr. Anand,

Greetings for the day!!

With reference to the below grievance, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we do not allow registration of the ESN numbers of open market handsets due to security reasons.

We have a team of highly qualified engineers and senior professionals who work on the development of such products. Whenever such a request is received we are not authorized to accept it the reasons being internal to the company.

We understand that there might be many customers like you who would want to pick and choose the handsets of their choice and get them registered with their service providers but as the issue which is plotted is related to the security of the company this activity is not advisable.

We have put this as a suggestion to the concerned team and would like to confirm that we do not have this option available at this point.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,

Meenal Iyer

Customer Escalation Desk

Tata Teleservices Ltd.