Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
avishekghosh

Samsung Metro TV at a glance!

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is Metro Tv A GOOD CHOICE?

• YES
    • NO

After so much googling at last I bought Samsung Metro TV(M519)@6000INR On 4th june'10....

Pros:

1.Attractive screen

2.Nice looks

3.Good & attractive metal like finish

4.Awesome sound output through headphone

5.Good contact & Messaging management

6.Good camera

7.Voice quality & n/w quality is good

8.U can use any resolution walls as full screen wallpaper

9.Stylish graphics as other Metro series GSM phones

10.Lightweight & very thin body

11.Good sunlight legibility

Cons:

1.Sound level through loudspeker is not up to the mark

2.Small 2inch screen

3.All java files are not supported

4.non customizable sms tunes

5.Keys are not good for heavy sms users

I am not sure about its battery backup & evdo/internet features till now....I have no OMH sim,so I cannot test internet through it till now & after few days of using I can say some words about its battery backup...

BTW it is a good buy for cdma lovers(who prefers non touch phones)...I am using it with MTS & I am happy now....

post-63922-12759382963_thumb.jpg

Edited by avishekghosh

finally u broughjt it.

nice reviews

u can connect to internet without omh sim also,

U connect it thru pc suite, u will get 144kbps speed on PC

• Like 1

I bought it for Rs.6250 in Delhi.. Its a good phone.

Battery could have been better than 800 mAh..LG 6300 has 1300 mAh battery and costs Rs.4800 only.. 

The music and picture quality is better than Nokia E 63 that I use..

It has large sms storage capacity and also address book..

The looks are great with slim body and light weight plus metal finish..

Call and voice quality are best of all CDMA phones that I have used till date..

Overall a good OMH phone at this price..

• Like 1

But what i have experienced with Samsung CDMA Handsets is quality of phone is not upto mark, even Connetivity in some areas is not at all good in some problmatic areas where tower is low, but lg handset works flawlessly even BB

Which one is better

Corby or Metro?

I am using samsung cdma handset from last one year...I used Mpower Muzik,superstar,b559,guru muzik & now m519...all the handset except superstar has good n/w quality all over...Till now I did not face any signal problems with this samsung cdma handsets....

@ Himanshu Singh

What is ur personal experience with M519's battery backup...how many days it can lasts with u?...& what is the talktime?

My SCH S379 got reset three times repeatedly while deleting multiple SMS.Only option is to take it to service centre and update the software.Few of my collegues also faced same error.

@ Himanshu Singh

What is ur personal experience with M519's battery backup...how many days it can lasts with u?...& what is the talktime?

Its giving 4 hours of talktime.. I am on Pay per call(Re.1/10 mins local),so make long duration calls and I am pretty satisfied with its performance.. Its lasting full 2 days.. What about yours?

I bought it on 4th june....I always charge my new handset daily for first 7 days...so till 10th I am not clear about its battery backup...I will surely update my experience after 10th...BTW thanks for ur quick responce...

But what i have experienced with Samsung CDMA Handsets is quality of phone is not upto mark, even Connetivity in some areas is not at all good in some problmatic areas where tower is low, but lg handset works flawlessly even BB

Very TRUE Parin Ji... I am using Duos259.. It is having serious s/w (firmware) problems and n/w connectivity (coverage) issues, the worst I have used till now (even Huwaei and Haier were much better in terms of reception)..

If I started writing my experiences of this phone, then nobody will buy this cr@p (Duos259)... The phone restarts @ the fall of hat, for example, just launch MusicPlayer to restart the mobile (Duos259)...

I think SAMSUNG is using India as a waste-basket, just sending the rejected quality pieces to our country.. All SAMSUNG low-end handsets (Eg: B&W Hero from TATA) has VOICE-ECHO problems... Many people will remember the CD-Drives from SAMSUNG, with the CD-DOOR-STRUCK problem in PCs...!! Later they released CD-Drives with BLUE-LABELS saying that they rectified those problems, but still that door-strucking problem persisted then...

LG is atleast better...

^^^

Some basic samsung handsets are really good, but some are too bad like u said.

I still remember Samsung drive problem, easy solution :- keep one cd in drive all the time.

@ avishekghosh

Your review was very useful.

I am too planning to buy this mobile phone.

Please post your latest findings about this mobile phone.

Do you find any major bugs in it?

I am buying this mobile phone mainly for Samsung Brand.

I was using Samsung Flo till some time back and didn't experience any issues in it.

@ avishekghosh and himanshu

please give a detailed report about this handset and with pics if possible. I too am planning to buy this handset and want to have your valuable feedback before i make my final decision.

yes friend i totally agree with you. lg handset are better when it comes to reception.

hey friedns

i want to purchase dual sim mobile(GSM+CDMA) is anyone can please help to find 1. i am thinking about duos259. or 1 touchscreen i forgot the model number but its cost is approx 10000 which one is better

@raghugs

@chitshar

After using this handset for about 1 month..I am satisfied...

Pros....

1.it has good battery backup...almost 2-2.5 days with normal use(2hours calling,few hundred sms,1 hour music,some bluetooth file transfer,.5 hour fm,& browsing phone menus & gallery for almost .5 hours)

2.I bought a Reliance OMH sim card & able to test the browser & mobile tv...it has a excellent browser,page loading is fast,web pages r opening very fast with every details including pictures,graphics,google docs everything just like my pc browser...I use opera mini also..it also gives good browsing environment.....Metro Tv browser is far better than my old Nokia N73's browser....Mobile TV interface & functions is good...it available with full screen also....My all internet experience with Metro TV was with 1X network(in my place,there is no evdo coverage)...& i am very much satisfied with its internet experience......

Cons.....

1.All java files r not supported...I think its due to resolution problem....but google maps,opera mini & so many other usefull apps are supported....

2.I am not able to use my Nokia stereo bluetooth headset BH-204 with it for music listening....although voice call experience is preety good with a2dp headset with Metro TV....

BTW in my opinion it is a good handset for cdma users.......& sorry I am not able to upload pictures.....feel free to ask any question regarding Metro TV.....

& @raghugs..I do not find any bugs in this handset till now....

@ avishekghosh/

Thank you for your excellent review.

I have couple of questions to you.

Is the mobile phone always feels faster ?

Is the mobile phone support minimising java aplications ?

I hope the mobile phone would act as modem too ?

How is the Desktop sync software ? Is it sophisticated ?

Is the screen elements appears too tiny ? as my mom to may use this mobile phone occasionally

Moreover why Samsung Metro TV M519 is suspiciously absent in Samsung India website and Tata indicom / Reliance mobile websites ?

Does Samsung forgot to update it's website ?

Does the model got discontinued ?

@raghugs

Q.Is the mobile phone always feels faster ?

Ans.This phones operating system is good & u can say it is fast but not superfast...sometimes it lags in Music player & gallery...but not bad...as a brew/rex operating system phone,it is good....

Q.Is the mobile phone support minimising java aplications ?

Ans.The answer is NO....

Q.I hope the mobile phone would act as modem too ?

Ans.100%...It act as a modem for 1X/EvDo connecion both....

Q.How is the Desktop sync software ? Is it sophisticated ?

Ans.I could not understand ur question...but in case of its own screen..it is very good...& in case of samsung pc suite app in pc screen,I have nothing to say because I did not use these pc studio till now....

Q.Is the screen elements appears too tiny ?

Ans.In main screen the network logo is with tiny size...but others in main screen & menus is not small...I think screen elements have good size & it can not became a problem for anyone....

Q.Moreover why Samsung Metro TV M519 is suspiciously absent in Samsung India website and Tata indicom / Reliance mobile websites ?

Ans.It is a big fault of Samsung & Tata Indicom,they did not update their site with this handset till now...Even Samsung has not update their cdma site with so many new cdma handset till now,i.e. Metro TV,Guru CDMA etc........

But in Reliance site,they have update their site with Samsung Metro TV.....

LINK....

http://www.rcom.co.in/rcom/handset/cdma.jsp#

@.Does Samsung forgot to update it's website ?

Ans.YES

Q.Does the model got discontinued ?

Ans.NO

@avhishekghosh

thanks for your quick reply :signthankspin:

Visit following website for other cdma product

samsung cdma

Is this the same phone for all service providers in India?. why Im asking this is that it is quoted lower for 'other cdma operators' than for Reliance in ebay.

DEAR PLS

CONFIRM ABOUT MESSAGE STORAGE CAPICITY IN PHONE MEMORY

ALSO CAN MESSAGE CAN BE SAVE TO CARD ??

@ rohit_m786

Samsung METRO TV has 1000 sms memory & 1000 contact memory.....Messages can not be stored in memory card.....