Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dkaile

Iphone 4 Is Launched...

Steve Jobs confirms: Android outselling iPhone

http://tech.fortune....selling-iphone/

screen-shot-2010-07-16-at-3-25-40-pm.png?w=600&h=321

3.5 million android devices to 3 million iphone 4

and this is CNN we are getting news from.....

Edited by dkaile

:thumb:  for DK and Our Android !!!

@DK iPhone ki to maarke rahoge LOLz

Yah I feel so - u said it

^

when CNN and Fortune Magazine starts reporting these things, can u take it lightly?

Why do people compare IPhone 4 vs Android or IPhone 4 vs Wondows Mobile.

IMO its not fair for people comparing a Phone with a OS.

Android and Win Mo is used by many companies like HTC/Samsung/SonyEricssons/Motorola.... and their total sum of sales they boast is 3.5million where as Iphone itself has sold out like 3million.

Yes if people compare Iphone OS with android OS then its a fair game imo.

But people buy IPhone because its IPhone. they create a benchmark in the Phone industry and others are busy following them. Still they have guts to boast that they are better than IPhone.

Why did any company ever had an Idea to include accelerometer in a phone? Why did any other company had an Idea to make IPad like portable handheld devices? Now when Apple is out with these products, other companies are busy to copy them.

I think that IPhone has revolutionised the Smartphone Industry. hats off to them,

PS: btw if given a choice i'll still buy a Android phone :grin::rofl_200:

Android vs. iPhone: 5 Battlefields

Comment : BTW, I dont agree with the 4th Battlefield verdict of OS; In my opinion, the ADVANTAGE is clearly with ANDROID. It is lack of information with the writer, which may have lead to his non understanding of the OS fully...

Following text is from the link posted by you...

Apple has just one operating system available for sale at a time, and until recently it made iOS updates available to almost all of its older hardware. Android, on the other hand, suffers from a multiplicity of available devices with new and old versions of the hardware, including Android 1.6, 2.1 and the upcoming 2.2. That can get to be confusing for users, since you have to figure out which operating system you're phone has, whether it's going to get upgrades, and which features you may be missing.

Apple's approach is much simpler since it makes available (and supports) only two versions of the iPhone -- currently iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 -- at once. Even better, the feature difference between the two phones is not that great and immediately obvious. Advantage: iPhone

:previous:

Well I agree with them, otherwise people buying Samsung Galaxy i899 wont get confused and complain that their Bluetooth cannot b used for file transfer just because the OS is old and not the latest one.

For us tech savvy people its fine, but major proportion of population are Normal people who do not have indepth knowledge about Know/how of a product. They just need a product which they can use with minimum hassles and tech knowledge.

The truth is, not one individual android phone will ever best any one of the iphone models in a head to head competition in terms of sale volume and customer satisfaction.

Read it in a link given above under heading Steve Jobs confirms: Android outselling iPhone

Well dont know about customer satisfaction, as No product is perfect. If a company make a perfect product, then there will neither be any need nor any want for a better product. Thus hindering development.

But yes, the numbers of IPhone sold (as an indivisual product in smartphone category) havent been beaten by any other smartphone as on today.

Dont know about future... Hope we get to see more and more better products... Good for us Consumers :SI:

^

I am not saying that iphone hardware is not good; In fact I would agree with you that it is one of the BEST built phones in the world today. It is the SOFTWARE that I (and millions others like me) have the problem with; Its restrictive and intrusive and forces you to shell out more money in the long run...

and dont take this news with a pinch of salt. I am comparing Software with Software; and its a FIRST in the history of the modern world that ANDROID OS has beaten the IOS.... and that is NOT A SMALL NEWS...

Regarding innovations only being done by Apple, I am sorry to state that you are greatly mistaken -

- Apple was LAST to introduce the Front Facing Camera for video conferencing when all others had it for years;

- It was LAST to introduce the Video recording or a FLASH when every other phone had it;

- It was LAST to introduce BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER which still can't be done properly on any apple iphone;

- YOU STILL DONT HAVE REMOVABLE STORAGE (micro sd card) in Apple when every other phone in the world has it...

- NO REMOVABLE BATTERY ALSO still...

- No Flash Software support still

and you call that breakthrough innovations... so WHOSE FOLLOWING/COPYING WHOM?

This is the start of the DECLINE of the Apple OS - MARK MY WORDS... if you believe in scientific predictions... In 18 months of its launch to leave behind a well entrenched operating system is NO MEAN FEAT...

OPEN SOURCE WILL RULE THIS WORLD... and the day Android abandons open source, I will leave it...

(PS - taste a properly configured Android phone on 2.1 or 2.2 and you will forget iPhone... I will help u in that, if need be...)

Edited by dkaile

I agree android is awesome

infact i myself was going to say that it should be more correctly called as

ANDROID OS OUTSELLS IPHONE OS

reason is simple

android as an os sells on different hardwares like htc/samsung/lg/huawei/etcetc

whereas iphone is a phone

it should be war of os and not of phones

BTW though i will never buy iphone , due to my own reasons , but i agree that iphone have raised the bar for all handsets coming and to come

it was only after 2007 that we saw rejuvination of mobile UI , before that we had over complicated UI of windows mobile and s60v5 and symbian v80

android . webos , win7 all are based on ui laid by iphone

though they are taking it more ahead with their own innovations

but no matter how much i hate apple policies ad their attitude , i still give them credit for what they had done in 2007 and rasing the bar for all of us

Dhiraj Bhai, thank you for your offer. Sooner or later I myself going to buy an Android based phone.

Regarding innovations... I agree every company (HTC/Samsung/Motorola/Apple/Microsoft/Google etc..) has contributed their part in innovating new things and making consumer's life simpler.

Like i said no product is perfect. I belive IPhone or Android they both are new and in their developing stage.

Agree with Android's advantage of being open source and developers all around the world is keen to make it better and better every day, makes it one of the fastest developing OS.Maybe this is the reason Google launch a newer version of Android every 6 months or so.

But a non tech-savy person do not want much hassel of configuring a phone according to his/her needs then use it. Rather they are happy with a final product which can do the job for them without much of technical knowledge.

Example: MS Windows and Linux...

Ask a Linux user (which definately has to be a tech-savy guy)... DO you want to swtich to MS Windows?.. He obvious answer would be NO WAY! MS WINDOWS IS A PIECE OF CRAP! (This is what my friend said who is an Engineer in Intel)

Ask a normal non tech-savy guy using MS Windows, "Do you want to use Lunux." and his answer will be "No way, its no where near to Simple like Windows is."

So both IPhone OS or Android both have their advantages and disadvantages. So it depends on how one look at both of them. I hope you agree with me.

@ Dr. Mufi.. I agree with him. In 2007 after the launch of 1st generation iPhone it was everybody's dream to own one even though it did not have basic functions of a common phone of that time like (No video recording/SD Card(But it came with 4GB to 8GB memory, and newer models have upto 32GB so who needs a SD Card)/Bluetooth file tranfer etc..). But everybody wanted to have one.

It definately created a benchmark in Smartphone industry. Though I agree with Dhiraj that now Apple's iPhone craze is declining day by day as now there are many comeptitiors.

Now a days a Chinise phone costing 1500~2500 has accelerometer in it :rofl_200: (i am not comparing Iphone with chinise phones, just a joke :grin: )

^

dont worry, android is now very user family in its latest avatar specially with the overlay of sense ui interface of companies like HTC.... ask any Hero/Eris/Incredible/Evo/Moto Droid user... even he may be total layman... he wont go back to any other phone... (will not comment on samsung; as I had on its launch only said, that its under powered and lacks support)

Edited by dkaile

Apple Shares Down On Concerns Over Margins, Droid X - Wall Street Journal

Shares of Apple Inc. (AAPL) fell to their lowest point in almost two months as analysts expressed concerns about the company's profit margins one day ahead of the release of Apple's quarterly results.

Another potential factor in Monday's drop could be the strong sales over the weekend of the Droid X, the latest Android-powered smartphone that may give the iPhone 4 some fresh competition at a time Apple is in a PR battle over what some claim to be design flaws with its latest device.

Edited by dkaile

Dear dk,

you are very through in OS

hats off

I guess new figures might pressurise Stevie to change his policies atleast for iPhone and for iPad too in coming days when Android based smartpads will also come to the market.

iPhone 4 is coming to India in october by Airtel... Hope with a good antenna....

Is it true that iPhone (1st Generation to iPhone 4) do not support file transfer via bluetooth?

Is it true that iPhone (1st Generation to iPhone 4) do not support file transfer via bluetooth?

Yes... Very TRUE.. Even Android supports this feature from OS ver 2.2 only, Not sure though..

u mean the 2.1 Evo 4G and incredible dont have these facility?

iPhone 4 is coming to India in october by Airtel... Hope with a good antenna....

YES, Full testing has been completed in the US as to how to hold the Phone; NOW the same will be taught to the people in India by Airtel; Training regimes by Baba Ramdev, as the best posture to hold the phone has been found to be Sheersh Aasan... Training begins... Kindly enroll soon.....

Yes... Very TRUE.. Even Android supports this feature from OS ver 2.2 only, Not sure though..

BT File Transfer has been available from OS version 1.6 onwards... JFYI

not officially, but yes there is an app for that :) iBluetooth

YES, Full testing has been completed in the US as to how to hold the Phone; NOW the same will be taught to the people in India by Airtel; Training regimes by Baba Ramdev, as the best posture to hold the phone has been found to be Sheersh Aasan... Training begins... Kindly enroll soon.....

There are 2 more methods: 1) African 2) Indian

post-24516-039644000 1280293083_thumb.jp

Indian one was clicked by me:

post-24516-069475900 1280293103_thumb.jp

lolzz doc..

There are 2 more methods: 1) African 2) Indian

post-24516-039644000 1280293083_thumb.jp

Indian one was clicked by me:

post-24516-069475900 1280293103_thumb.jp

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Yes... Very TRUE..

If iPhone dosent have it... I wonder why people whine over Samsung galaxy i899 for not having Bluetooth file transfer, where as it comes a lot cheaper than iPhones.

During launch of first iPhone, Apple re-invented TouchScreen :wacko:

in iPhone3G, they re-invented 3G :Ohhhh:

in iPhone3GS, they re-invented Autofocus Camera :Sorprendido:

in iPhone4, they re-invented HOW TO HOLD A PHONE... :rofl_200:

Thank you Apple... You rocks.. :signthankspin:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

guess apple going to come out with an idea saying... Play Safe! Always wear a Jacket :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: