Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kapil_k

Fixing Pre "phone Error"

This solution is *only* for people who have a semi-bricked Pre. For e.g. If even after reflashing with webosdoctor you get a "Phone Error" after you reboot, then thats because the radio wasn't programmed correctly. You have to now basically bypass the first-use / activation to get the phone to boot. Keep in mind that even after bypassing the first-use app you will still get the "Phone Offline" error when you boot up. But now its easy to fix because you can put the phone in diagnostic mode and use QPST/QXDM, etc.

Note that you can easily create a webosdoctor version that bypasses the firstuse app using meta-doctor but that only works for versions > 1.2.1. For versions like 1.0.3 you have to manually unpack the .jar file and change a few files to get it to work. So I've taken the qinray - 1.0.3 v1 ROM and disabled first-use-app and enabled-developer mode. Most people know why the 1.0.3 version is important ;) (There are other bypass roms like xxrake but they always crashed after 80% for me and didn't work)

http://rapidshare.com/files/396531423/webos1.0.3qinray_bypass.jar.html

• Like 1

the xxrake 1.03 is still preferrable as meid change is more easier on 1.03 and 1.3.5.1

also 80% is non relevant u can anytime remove battery after 80% and phone boots

most important thing

getting palm pre to main screen isnt big issue

the biggest issue is repairing offline palm pre

that means , after u use rom with radio bypass and u boot up palm pre and it shows offline , it takes lot more than just qpst/qxdm to bring it online

btw the radio bypass roms were major breakthorugh last year , coz without it we wudnt be using meid palm pre

all thanks to xxrake

Thanks for sharing. I think Tushar may be facing this issue as he was mentioning today morning that he's getting 'phone offline' after upgrading to 1.4.1.1 (treo rom with profile bypass - which worked perfectly for me - but for some reason he's having issues)

^^^

might be some issue with treo8 roms

usually they too have some beta verisons of roms , so this one might be a raw one may be

the xxrake 1.03 is still preferrable as meid change is more easier on 1.03 and 1.3.5.1

Yes, but xxrake always crashes for me after 80% :(. Anyway after spending many hours I have created a QXDM script that works 100% of the time on 1.0.3 - qinray. The trick in my case was to set both esn and meid to 0 and then *reboot* and then repair meid. If I try that before rebooting it doesn't work for me and the NV write always fails.

also 80% is non relevant u can anytime remove battery after 80% and phone boots

depends, in my case it used to get **** at the palm logo (before it starts flashing).

that means , after u use rom with radio bypass and u boot up palm pre and it shows offline , it takes lot more than just qpst/qxdm to bring it online

hmm, I thought all you needed to do was to reblash to 1.0.3 bypass and repair meid again. Maybe I've just been lucky :D

kapil i have a bricked pre ... if u can help lemme know ..

kapil i have a bricked pre ... if u can help lemme know ..

Hey, I'm not really an expert at this. I am learning too. After much trial and error I finally managed to learn a few things, and I almost bricked my pre in the process when I accidentally flashed an incorrect AMSS firmware.

I don't want to make a mistake and damage your phone permanently ! You should ask mufaddal, hes quite experienced with the pre.

Anyone can tell me if a bricked PRE can still be used for Games ? or does it just refuse to run anything at all ?

Brick means only network off so you can use it for songs , games etc etc

^^ Thanks for the clarification.

When I am at home my PRE is being used all the time by me daughter & wife for playing games - it only comes to me when there's a call or for charging !

So, now I can experiment with it - knowing that at least it'll still be a good game console even if i brick it :Sorprendido: (Not that i intend to brick it. Just in case...)

In fact, maybe I'll buy a pixie or 8330 for my use, as pre slider anyway seems a little too delicate for me.

When I flashed my Pre with Palm PRE Qinray 1.0.4 v3 from hitesh's topic I found that its scm has changed to 0x2A and its on e*n mode (was on me*d) before flashing.

Problem 1: Even without doing anything else phone is now offline !

CDMAWS reads e*n but says 'can't read me*d - may be disabled'

Luckily, I wanted to change it to e*n mode so i am now trying to write new e*n.

Problem2 :

I tried to write 0 me*d in which case during memory scan 0x0093D000 TO 0X12D0000 there are following issues:

a. the range box only has 4 digits - balance 4 digits are greyed out for both start & end. (so i am writing 0093:0000 and 12D0:0000 - is that correct ?)

b. It quits scanning after around 50% saying can't read and doesn't find any me*d

Problem 3:

Then i thought that i'll try to write e*n but again during scan it quits and doesn't find any e*n. default nv method to write fails for both e*n & me*d and for universal ram method i need to have text file after scan.

Any idea what i should do now ?

I hope its ok to post this here. Will delete if not.

^^^ Problem 2 : Range box the 2nd part will be grey 0000 only u need first 4 digit of readable to unread areas

Problem1: try PRL again and chk SCM with QXDM and again write with it also chk for meid 1943 there - just to be safe side

PalmPre_Rom_qinray_1.0.4_v3_source2 - this file name works best from hitesh (ithink) let me know if u need it and not posted.

Edited by Genius

try reloading a webos

Thanks for the replies guys.

Strangely, even my SPC has changed. So I used CDMA WS to find and change it and now CDWS says SPC correct/accepted etc. but if i dial ##spc# on the phone it says MSL wrong.

I am surprised as to how spc and scm and me*d etc can change just by flashing 1.03 qinray ? My understanding was that these things have nothing to do with WEBOS. Has this happened to anyone else ?

Have reloaded various different versions of webos 4-5 times 1.03 1.04 and 1.4.5 which was working perfectly earlier but no go. It is still on spc 2a and e*n mode and changing to 3a in CDWS says success but on restarting phone its back to the same. Tried with qxdm also but no success. Genius, what is '1943 me*d' ?

Now all I want to do is put a different e*n. But cdws just doesn't succeed in scanning and saving esn memory locations to text files. It always fails at 60-70% and says no locations found. Am on 1.04 qinray. Any ideas ?

Will try xxrake also once. Otherwise i'll just drop the idea and sell off the phone cheap to someone rather than waste mine and everyone else's time here. Treo & BB were so quick to do.

I shall get back to you with something, and 1943 is the Sr no in QXDM for ME*d it shows ME*d there

Thanks Hitesh, Genius, Muffy. I managed to get my previous me*d number back on it (after it reverted to original and went offline)

But its a very 'trial and error' type of process - just doing qxdm and cdmaws again and again till at some point it happens but i don't know how or why.

And cdws reports a very big list of locations (over 25) to which i added all the locations from hitesh and forums etc and which i am using for .scr as well as for cdws univ ram method. This seems strange as others only have 5-10 locations.

Next when i am trying to get the e*n number on it, its just not happening - in fact i am no longer even able to put it on old number; as scm now remains in 0x2A and cdws says me*d is disabled so it can't read. But qxdm still reports an me*d sometimes and 0 sometimes. ##debug# shows me*d 0 but ##786# shows some me*d. E*n shown is correct but it keeps searching for network even though i loaded hitesh's prl and did other things.

All in all, i am fed up. Hats off to the guys who are able to do this. Takes up quite a lot of time. Margins on handsets are nothing compared to time reqd for this.

So, now I want to know if some one can get it registered with reliance ?

Else i'll sell it off cheap to someone who can program/register it and I'll buy a registered one - maybe droid pro if its available soon ! <br>

Edited by ami1

I agree Palm Pre is big pain in

[ ]

((*))

ll ll

you know, I too have changed mine, but i was lucky to have been able to change M**D 4 times and E** 2 times on 3 different sets - none have behaved such in ur case.

PS: that illustration is Wonderful hope you like it. its Anatomy

Agree completely Doc.

BTW, Did you top your Anatomy Course ? (just joking, my dad's a doc too)

Anyway, can someone tell me how to revert my pre back to its original hardware me*d (ie the one which was put in by manufacturer) ?

As I want to get me*d registered with MTS now. But no amount of doctoring with every type of ROM is getting it back to its orig state - even tried the official sprint ROMs but its stuck on programmed me*d. As usual cdws/qxdm etc aren't helping.

^^ Your original ME** is written on phone use it - its like that - i used my ID to register on Webos login - although i used in E** mode and put the file according to Hitesh hack.

^ I have the original me*d from the box but how do i write it back ? Its currently stuck on the one programmed for my number when i bought it.

Is there any ROM which will reset it back to its orig me*d ?

Anyone has xxrake rom ? I have tried all others qinray versions, maybe i should try xxrake once. But none of the links seem to be working. If someone has it can you pl upload and link here.

Ok, to reset back to original state the following command works:

PmModemFactory -r0

(only upto 1.0.3)