Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pocha

How To Test A Java Application On Reliance Cdma Phones?

Hi all,

I have developed a java application, it can be downloaded from the link - http://minkle.in/m/download.php?jad=Minkle.jad .

I do not have a reliance CDMA phone but i would be going to ask friends/acquaintances who have reliance CDMA phone to test to make sure it works on CDMA phones.

I would like to know :-

1. If any 3rd party java application can be downloaded on any reliance CDMA java enabled phone ?

2. If not, is there any registration process that suppose to be followed with reliance ?

3. The application connects to external server through GPRS & also sends/receive SMS. I hope java has the required access to do the things mentioned on reliance CDMA phones. Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for your inputs.

Ashish

i can download it and check with my BB but confirm it this is not a virus or any prank

Hi all,

I have developed a java application, it can be downloaded from the link - http://minkle.in/m/download.php?jad=Minkle.jad .

I do not have a reliance CDMA phone but i would be going to ask friends/acquaintances who have reliance CDMA phone to test to make sure it works on CDMA phones.

1. If any 3rd party java application can be downloaded on any reliance CDMA java enabled phone ?

2. If not, is there any registration process that suppose to be followed with reliance ?

3. The application connects to external server through GPRS & also sends/receive SMS. I hope java has the required access to do the things mentioned on reliance CDMA phones. Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for your inputs.

Ashish

For the 3rd Point dude CDMA uses 1x data & not GPRS . In GSM phones uses GPRS .. :)

i can download it and check with my BB but confirm it this is not a virus or any prank

It is not :). We are a proper mobile development company. http://minkle.in/About tells you more about us. I am Ashish (Pocha).

• Haha 1

Hi all,

Thanks for your inputs.

Ashish

For the 3rd Point dude CDMA uses 1x data & not GPRS . In GSM phones uses GPRS .. :)

Sorry GPRS was the wrong word. Its an http connection. Attached is the code

connection = (HttpConnection) Connector.open(URL);
             //display.setCurrent(connectForm);
             getStatusGauge().setValue(20);
             connection.setRequestProperty("User-Agent","Profile/MIDP-1.0, Configuration/CLDC-1.0");
             connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Language","en-US");
             connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
             connection.setRequestMethod(HttpConnection.POST);
             //param = URLEncoder.encode("string", "UTF-8") + "=" + URLEncoder.encode("pinaki", "UTF-8");
             outputStream = connection.openOutputStream();
             outputStream.write(param.getBytes());
             getStatusGauge().setValue(50);
             inputStream =(DataInputStream)connection.openDataInputStream();
             getStatusGauge().setValue(60);
             int ch;

while ((ch = inputStream.read()) != -1)
                {
                    receivedData.append((char)ch);
                }

getStatusGauge().setValue(60);
            answer=receivedData.toString();

friends i found it suitable to post here:

You might have heared abt SBI Freedom mobile application.

I downloaded it in my BB8830 but perhaps it asks for a gprs connectivity after installation.

Any idea how to enable this application to work on 1x data

Hi Ashish,

Just downloaded and put it in my Nokia 6275 CDMA reliance phone. When I try to run it just says invalid app and offers to delete it.

Sorry.

• Like 1

didn't worked for me also, i tried on BB 8830

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So no need for me to try

• Like 1

also not working on win 6.1 with java !!!

• Like 1

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply as i was away for couple of days.

One of my friend tried installing the app through their browser on nokia 2865 & the app installed too. Although, it could not exchange data over GPRS (connection timed out) & the response the application is getting on sms is not capturable inside the application. Guess, reliance remove the port information while sending back the sms.

As for you people for whom the app isnt installing - guess you guys are trying to install the app by downloading the jad/jar to your computer & then transferring it via bluetooth/data-cable to the mobile phone. Looks like transferring via bluetooth/data-cable is not the right way for most of the phones. It has to be OTA (over the air) via browser. You need to open the browser & type in the url - http://minkle.in/m/private.php to get the page & click on the link to install the app.

Please let me know if any of you are able to install the application the browser way.

Ashish

Edited by pocha

Hi Ashish,

Just downloaded and put it in my Nokia 6275 CDMA reliance phone. When I try to run it just says invalid app and offers to delete it.

Sorry.

didn't worked for me also, i tried on BB 8830

So no need for me to try

also not working on win 6.1 with java !!!

Hi all,

After reading up on reliance website, figured out that to create application for reliance CDMA phone, there are separate set of RAP API that are needed. We have created the new version. Please visit http://minkle.in/m/priavte.php on your mobile phone & click on 'Download Minkle for CDMA phones' link to install the application.

I have read that quite a few phones in reliane CDMA support only OTA application install. Download the jad file on computer & then transferring to the mobile phone via bluetooth/data-cable might not work. But if you do not have internet on your mobile phone, you may try doing that too.

Thanks, please let me know if it installed & worked on your phone.

Ashish

friends i found it suitable to post here:

You might have heared abt SBI Freedom mobile application.

I downloaded it in my BB8830 but perhaps it asks for a gprs connectivity after installation.

Any idea how to enable this application to work on 1x data

Hi Vikas,

From what i learnt creating an application for reliance phones, for packet data connection, reliance has released APIs - they call it RAP APIs. So unless the mobile application is not using those APIs, it would not work on reliance handsets. So there has to be a separate application for reliance CDMA phones. Check if SBI has released separate application else it would not work on your reliance phone.

Ashish

^^^

Ashish ,

none of above tester is having reliance cdma phone, they are using reliance number on others phone.

Also only Reliance API will not help,

as there are diffrent apps for diffrent phone,

Like some softwares are available on for specific LG model, and same software will not work on coolpad, still both are provided by reliance.

also some cool pad app will not work on LG.

So you should consider the reliance api only to send or receive packets on 1x.

also can u give us a tcp base software for test, i am sure it will work on our phones.

^^^

Ashish ,

none of above tester is having reliance cdma phone, they are using reliance number on others phone.

Also only Reliance API will not help,

as there are diffrent apps for diffrent phone,

Like some softwares are available on for specific LG model, and same software will not work on coolpad, still both are provided by reliance.

also some cool pad app will not work on LG.

So you should consider the reliance api only to send or receive packets on 1x.

also can u give us a tcp base software for test, i am sure it will work on our phones.

Hello Hitesh,

I am not sure if reliance is released different API for different phones. There is something called RAP API - http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/aboutus/rdp/reliance_apis.html which works across all the reliance CDMA handsets.

Can you give any reference to device specific API in case i am missing something.

Ashish

i got it installed on my blackberry 8830 successfully but i didn't run and giving error. By the way wot is dis appl meant for???

@Ashish

You did not got my point,

You have used Reliance API in your app, but is that API for reliance phone or it is a API to communicate thru Reliance network ?

i got it installed on my blackberry 8830 successfully but i didn't run and giving error. By the way wot is dis appl meant for???

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for giving the app a shot. Hitesh has mentioned in the previous post that the CDMA customized application would not work on phones which are not originally reliance CDMA. From what i figured out - reliance CDMA phones come with inbuilt API support, which the customized application for CDMA is programmed to use. It would give error if used on a non-reliance-CDMA phone. I think it might be the case with you. I am not sure if Minkle for GSM phones would work either, although you may try that.

As for minkle - it lets you use lot of different mobile apps (we call it minklets). We have facebook, sms chat, bollywood news, horoscope etc. These apps work on sms on GSM phones. You do not need to have GPRS. But for CDMA phones, the apps would only be able to work via 1x data & not sms.

Waiting to hear from you.

Ashish

@Ashish

You did not got my point,

You have used Reliance API in your app, but is that API for reliance phone or it is a API to communicate thru Reliance network ?

Oh ok - sorry i misunderstood.

I am 100% sure on this that the API is for reliance phone. It is explicitly mentioned on reliance website that the support for such API is pre-built on reliance handsets. I think reliance has removed support for normal http connection in their phones & application has to use the API to communicate to external server (just the presumption).

As for API support for reliance network - I am not sure of it. The API might be adding some extra parameters to the call, which reliance network would recognize & remove while sending the request to the remote server. If that is the case, then the API usage becomes must for the application working on a reliance network phone. This is something neither our mobile application nor our server can check.

So the bottomline is - Minkle for CDMA should work on original reliance phones working under reliance network. As Vikas has pointed out - non-reliance-handset working under reliance network, data transfer is not happening.

Hitesh - can you try the CDMA version on your java enabled reliance handset to see if it works for you ?

Thanks

Ashish

Vikas, where did you get the error ? Can you please tell as to what procedure you followed & what did the error say ?

Thanks

Ashish

why you are behind reliance API,

Just make same soft which can be used on TCP data and let us test it.

why you are behind reliance API,

Just make same soft which can be used on TCP data and let us test it.

Again i am newbie on this, so could be wrong. But looks like, for any TCP data to go & come back from reliance handset, the reliance API need to be used. The Minkle for GSM phones, use the normal tcp data, but it is failing to work on reliance CDMA handsets.

Did i answer your question ?

^^^

On our handset there is no Reliance API or support for it,

Still we are using 1x data 

^^^

On our handset there is no Reliance API or support for it,

Still we are using 1x data 

So you mean - your handset is not from reliance. But you are using it with reliance network. So there is no API support on your phone ? is that correct ? Can you tell more about the handset & how you getting it to use with reliance network.

I have visited the reliance communication office in bangalore & spoke to a customer care representative. I told him about our application. He told me that to make the application work on reliance phones/network, reliance API need to be used.

How are you using 1x data ? You doing normal browsing from R-world or you using some applications which you have downloaded from R-world ? Are there any 3rd party applications that you are using like Minkle - which you have installed separately & not from R-world ?

All these things i cannot explain you here, ping me on gtalk