Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hovs

Issues with RIM Ethics !

If they are so confident of their service and competetive tariffs, I fail to understand as to why they should have a lock in period. I think the most important reasons for many of the DAPO subscribers were the advantage of connectivity, mobility and low talktime cost. They are not available now.

Are u still contesting the fact that their Connectivity is not the best? or they didn't give full mobility to their customers fighting the odds, and finally paid up crores frm its own cofers? or tht DAPO doesn't have the lowest airtime rates in the world :) ??

Bas, these last three things r more than enuf for us not to crib!! All ur other issues stand very true and am on ur side when u talk abt them. But the fact is that DAPO users have been coined as the true pioneer customers and been given all the benefits till date. I dont know whts in store for all of us frm 31st March. Am very skeptic abt it myself. But lets hold on for some more time...

. I think the most important reasons for many of the DAPO subscribers were the advantage of connectivity, mobility and low talktime cost. They are not available now.

I was trying to edit the message when I had to attend to a long call. The last stmt above should include the phrase at the promised/contracted rates

15 second pulse is not possible. unless otherwise TRAI implements it to everyone. because of interconnectivy agreements.

better TRAI impose 1 second pulse for everyone. so pay for what you talk. not for unused time.

dont think trai will change the pulse rate ... even tata has been forced to change to 60 sec from the previous 15 sec pulse rate ... its sad but true !

Its like 45s + 33+ 124+ 26 + 4s = xxx seconds

not 60 + 60 + 180 +60 +60 = x times 60

who told u tht IUC are per second billed?? they are billed for every 60 secs!

10. Billing issues between BSNL and other operators:

A number of operators have represented that in the absence of CDR based billing system in the BSNL network , BSNL is making payment to them at the rate of Rs.0.10 per MCU for local, intra-circle and inter-circle calls and Rs. 1.20 for international calls. It has been suggested that if MCU is fixed at 1 paise it will be equal to a call duration of one second for all calls attracting IUC of 0.60 paise per minute. At the same time BSNL is charging them on the basis of CDRs in bulk seconds. In this way they are making excess payment to BSNL because of difference in the pulse rate.

It may be recalled that in a TRAI meeting with all operators in Hotel Samrat in April 2003, BSNL had informed that they would be implementing CDR based billing over a period of next 6 months. The period is already over. BSNL as such should implement CDR based billing over a period of next 3 months or so. Till the same is not implemented, alternate arrangements must be on reciprocal basis.

Quote me a sentence that means tht the operators are now paying each other at per second now!

HI all,

i was just going through some old papers and found some thing.

remember when we all taken DAPO the rules were

deposit 3000 Rs check and then 1800 Rs check per quarte, and u will get 400 min per month with no bill

deposit 1000 Rs more to call more then 400 min (local)

and 2000 Rs more for std.

right

here i remember the sealse person told me that i wont get any bill (and more hten 400 min ) if i pay only 3000 Rs

i did that and after 1 month or so my std and 400+ min automatically started.

now commign to the main thing

when a bill from reliance comes it takes tax on 400 Rs from our check amount i.e. 24 Rs till now (40 from now on)

if we stick to what costomer service said in those days then every month we are cheated for 24 Rs.

cos onces u say " 600 Rs check per month without any bill" and then u charge tax on a fraction of the amount this is cheating

according to me tax has to be integral part of that 600 Rs.

hope i explained it properly

so guys what all can be done should we go to court , sue them ???

pls do some thing

Yes, I agree.

Suing them in court would be a good idea since they would probably not have an army of good & expensive lawyers ...

B)

cos onces u say " 600 Rs check per month without any bill" and then u charge tax on a fraction of the amount this is cheating

according to me tax has to be integral part of that 600 Rs.

Well i Guess as a responsible citizen we are bound to pay tax. You have a lot other issues to sue them within the DAPO scheme.

Like they says 400 minutes free? they charging Rs.160 for usage (40p*400min=160) How can they its "free" when they charging you every month for that? morever they dont carry forward the unused minutes after a quarter which is itself a case of cheating as they dont have any right to laps the minutes for which you already paid.

After they launched the DAPO scheme their tarriff structure changed within DAPO scheme due to change in policy change by Govt. of India. In that case it was the respobsibility of Reliance to bound those additional charges to the DAPO customers. Instead they made us to pay additional charges (i.e. 600 monthly charges + 60p p/m for landline calls + 80p p/m for GSM calls). Thus an average DAPO customer had to pay around Rs.1000 amonth which is really horrible for a common man!

Only those who were sms maniacs where benefited from the DAPO scheme! B)

Edited by Chirag

Yes, I agree.

Suing them in court would be a good idea since they would probably not have an army of good & expensive lawyers ...

Dose justice depends on good & expensive lawyers???

I thought it depends on truth

Well i Guess as a responsible citizen we are bound to pay tax. You have a lot other issues to sue them within the DAPO scheme.

yes we are but not double tax???

if a pamphlet sayas 600 Rs a month check, then it means tax are calculated and integral part of that amount.

for example if pepsi ad says 5 Rs bottel

it means 5 Rs include every tax....

Well any way any one has any pamphlet relating to this

i will appreciate if he sends it to me,

i am ready to go to consumer court and follow through

And any info/link/phone number/... to any consumer forum (who have lawyers) in Bangalore

Plus a lot of luck

All modulators and victims of reliance please show me the right path.

I am going to take on the Reliance Empire

Edited by Chirag

Hello.

About the consumer case, maybe I can help. A member of my family is in a high post when it comes to consumer cases.

Well i completely agree to dhanaajay.its the wrong ethics of RIM that created this much of billing hurdles together with the funny billing software.other people just like dhan,thought of the same thing and they were looking for a chance to come out of the service. ;)

Dose justice depends on good & expensive lawyers???

I thought it depends on truth

Oh come on!

Since when in this country did truth/justice prevail?

'Justice delayed is justice denied' and for a majority of cases, the huge backlogs stretch out cases for decades.

Landlords can't evict tenants if they default, Salman gets to walk away with murder, politicians and the super rich get away with virtually anything.

Judges are found taking bribes and doing favors.

The 'aam admi' has an ice cube's chance in hell of getting justice...

Remember Tehelka?

Caught taking bribes on video yet no meaningful action taken to date after a few years.

Its sad but true - what can we do?

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I talked with an consumer fourm lawyre ,

and he said we can fight the case if we have those historic pamplates which says

600 Rs check per month only

any one have it

imagin what all is on the stack 24 Rs per month from may 2003 = 24 x14 = 336 Rs per head

and for reliance 336 x millions

so any one have the old pemplate

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

and he said we can fight the case if we have those historic pamplates which says

any one have it

imagin what all is on the stack 24 Rs per month from may 2003 = 24 x14 = 336 Rs per head

and for reliance 336 x millions

so any one have the old pemplate

u can go to any of the libraries in your area and get the newspapers of the dates around the launch date either u can check papers of 28/29 decmber when ril info was formally launched or may b of april when they had commercially started the service, if u r really serious about going to court

and before all these does anyone have read the TERMS & CONDITIONS, printed on the backside of the Customer Application Form (CAF), for which you have agreed while you signed in the front page

Whereas in case of Reliance Pamphlets they are merely printed one, no executive have signed it.

LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP

any one have it

Dhananjay, I bought my RIM in October 2003 in the Khazaana (shareholder) scheme (in Economy/Budget 149), in spite of everyone warning me of the impending doom! Well, one reason I did that was cus I dont have to pay a dime as down payment to get the phone. I read all the fine print I could find and also preserved some of the forms, papers and brochures, just in case... :wacko: Well, doomsday never arrived, as I guess I was amongst those lucky ones who never had any "significant" billing issues with my RIM. :wacko: Now I'v converted to pre paid.

But I believe I still have those papers and if somebody really has a genuine case, I would be glad to give you copies of those ...if it really helps. Im in Poona.

I believe there are many promises that wrere made and not kept. I even have a brochure clearly advertising the 15 secs pulse rate ...the heading is "10 p for short calls" (1 more reason why I choose RIM!). Also, another brochure mentions that for repairs to handsets, you can send your handset to the nearest Webworld. I'v had problems thrice with my handset and RWW people wont even look at it ...they simply pack you off to the only service centre here. If you really scrutinise the stuff, I'm sure you'll find many more such false promises ...esp. for you DAPO customers.

However, in all fairness, I must mention that even other operators like Tata Indicom were advrtising the 15 sec pulse rate at that time ...quite aggressively too! Still, somehow I dont see people criticising Tata the way they do with RIM. Not sure what their scheme details were though ...I mean maybe they didnt have a time bound commitment ...like DAPO... :unsure:

I am wondering why Reliance has poor ethical practices. All its customer cry and complain that Reliance is cheating them and induce unethical practices in wooing customers or holding them. Many are there to defend this presumption from the beginnig of their services onwards i.e., STD @ 40 paisa campaign; mobile at 499. Now call at 99 paisa; 6 months free incoming, where as they later said "it is not".... so on .... so forth.

Now, the recent one is BSNL complaint that Reliance is transmitting international calls to consumers by changing its caller identification as if it were a local call.

I am really surprised to find this type of practices by a big company like Reliance. I also wonder how follish they are by practising these things. They already do not have good opinion of their "own consumers". It is Reliance which has huge bad debts. The reason is simple. Inefficiency attracts inefficiency. In the same way, theives befriend theives.

I wish Reliance top management practice "some sort of ethics" INSTEAD OF ALL MALPRACTICES WITH THEIR CONSUMERS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS.

i am not surprised at all.....................!

aadat se majboor hai bhai.................................

there shan't be any surprise reliance has always been famous for their unethical style of working in the corporate world.

Padaishi Cheatters Hain Yaar

Don't worry, some PrePaid users have :thumb: F***ed :angry: RIL through RConnect Loop Hole

We, the RIMWeb members know how to retaliate as we have the knowhow <_<