Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
scorpionking.9000

1st HTC EVO 4G on RIMweb - Check Out The Pics!

SlingPlayer Mobile for Android ready to entertain you for $30 starting tomorrow

via Engadget by Chris Ziegler on 6/21/10

After a public beta spanning a couple months, Sling is rolling out the latest piece of its expanding SlingPlayer Mobile portfolio this week -- this time for Android, plugging the biggest coverage gap it currently has. This is the same app we recently had an opportunity to check out, but since that preview, we're happy to report that it's been massaged into a more stable, more usable setup -- gone are the disconnect crashes we'd had before. Furthermore, Sling claims they've specifically worked to improve load and response times with this version, and we have to say that the effort is noticeable -- this definitely feels like the fastest SlingPlayer Mobile we've used to date. It's officially available starting tomorrow from the Market in Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the UK, and the US for $29.99. Follow the break for the full press release.

Continue reading SlingPlayer Mobile for Android ready to entertain you for $30 starting tomorrow

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/slingplayer-mobile-for-android-ready-to-entertain-you-for-30-st/

its vry cute yaar where u bought this

Contento.gif hahahah That Battery pakc make EVO Pregnant any smaller Baby EVO comming outtaa .... Contento.gif

^

u already have baby evo.... Mr. Incredible...

dear sandeep, is this phone working well on the reliance cdma network? please reply as i am also planning to buy one.

thanks.

^^^

half of thread is about that

still u asking

Hey,

I want to know if this monster works with Indian 2G/3G network. Technically it should, but want to confirm if anybody is already using it.

Thanks

:previous: Yes sir, read topic from the beginning.

Hey,

I want to know if this monster works with Indian 2G/3G network. Technically it should, but want to confirm if anybody is already using it.

Thanks

GOD!!!!!

why dont people read even first couple of pages

hello friends finally its here .....the first SPRINT HTC EVO 4G on RIMWEB...im so damn excited to hold it in my hands...its really awesome phone....check out the pics of my phone here... will post some videos soon.. sorry abt the picture quality as they were clicked on my BB 9700 BOLD. here comes the multimedia monster.... :):clap::Chulo:

Finally moved in to EVO……………. Special thanks to Dr… for all the help.

Cheers

Galaxy

So Mufy: which is better? Incredible or EVO?

^

yeh baat muffi se abhi bhi pooch rahe ho... bechara iska jawaab 10 baar de chuka hoga... LOL

hahahaahahah muffy ko ek helpline number le lena chahiye toll free...lol.....jab chahe phone karo aur information lo...

@ vishalsheth

Better is what you like, have what exactly you want.

Edited by SumitVerma

^

yeh baat muffi se abhi bhi pooch rahe ho... bechara iska jawaab 10 baar de chuka hoga... LOL

Shaadi ke baad if the opnion has changed. LOL

Ok went thru the entire thread and I dont think that battery life question put up by parin was properly answered, so I'll reiterate again, since I plan to pick this handset up later this month. Been reading up battery reviews online about how the Evo battery lasts about 4 hours if you're using constant push mail and allied data usage along with normal/ nominal talk time. If 4-5 hours battery life is all you get for steady data usage, then it would be totally worthless, in spite of the fancy screen and size, right? And no, adding on a bulky brick like heavy duty battery is NOT an option :)

Any real time feed back ( now that there have been quite a few users for this handset in RIMweb) would be of great help.

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Ok went thru the entire thread and I dont think that battery life question put up by parin was properly answered, so I'll reiterate again, since I plan to pick this handset up later this month. Been reading up battery reviews online about how the Evo battery lasts about 4 hours if you're using constant push mail and allied data usage along with normal/ nominal talk time. If 4-5 hours battery life is all you get for steady data usage, then it would be totally worthless, in spite of the fancy screen and size, right? And no, adding on a bulky brick like heavy duty battery is NOT an option :)

Any real time feed back ( now that there have been quite a few users for this handset in RIMweb) would be of great help.

Thanks guys!

as a performar its a real supersonic but battery is ??????. not more than 4-6 hr.... Relay disappointed. i use to hook all time on my lapi USB.awaiting an alter 1800mh battery from eBay.

thx

galaxy

It is no way possible to drain the battery in 4-6 hours without continuous use.

Check 4G, GPS, WIFI, Data connection is turned off when not in use.

Check the battery use to know where exactly juice is used.

Edited by SumitVerma

@galaxy: Thanks mate. Finally, some real info everybody can use. Battery life for at least 12-15 hours is the bare minimum expected in smart phones of today. And this lower power longevity is a trade off for the amount of features you get in the higher end phones of today, which I'm perfectly reconciled to. But 6 hours is way too short. Sitting in an office doing a 9-5 desk job might let you get away with a 6 hour battery because you can keep the phone hooked to the USB or a charging cradle, but for people who are out on the field for 4-5 hours, this would just not be feasible.

I guess this means I'll have to let go of my choice of picking up the Evo.. I so really wanted this handset instead of the Incredible, but practicality makes you take tough decisions. :(

@Sumit: Boss, the idea of having push mail is to leave data connectivity on full time or at least for 14 hours ( say from 8 am to 10 pm). What's the point in having a feature like push mail if you're going to manually switch on data connectivity from time to time and check mails? That isnt "push" mail anymore then.

Wifi and GPS can be switched off as per requirement, but constant data connectivity is a must for a person like me who's work pattern depends on email connectivity all the time.

Would be great if I got your input on the battery life as well if you have all the above features switched off or what kind of usage pattern you have.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Anupe

If you read, I said when not in use :) thats why I specified it there.

as data incurs loads of issues in calls with CDMA, I use gsm for push mail and others.

Check battery use for more information about the battery being consumed plus check up time and awake time difference as well.

^^^ In my case, the only time I probably wont need data connectivity is before 8am and after 10 pm :)

That translates to roughly 14 hours of data connectivity requirement for me. Push mail settings for my current phone have been configured to go into sleep mode from 10pm to 8 am and on weekends.Since I dont own an Evo right now, I can only depend on folks like you to give me a heads up on whether I should go for this handset which I like very much or settle for another model for practicality. :)

if you have too much concerns about battery life and "on data" for so long, dont go for it. Mufaddal ji says Incredible have better life than EVO.

Wait for some guru to comment on this though.

^^^ Thanks man. I'm in Mumbai for the next 3 days, so will try and get more info from Sadik & Doc if I can contact them.

saw an advertisement of Chinise phone claiming 40 DAYS BATTERY LIFE.

Dude you are buying a smart phone.... smart phone are always dumb on battery.

Smart phone are like smart people!

more money required to buy smart phone.... more money required to hire a smart guy

smart phone require more energy (battery) ... smart guy requires more salary and better office space

smart phone is able to do more than average phone.... smart guy can do more work than average guy

smart phones are less in quantity than average phone... smart guys are hard to find than average guy :P

so do not worry about battery. or keep additional battery always with you.

Evo and Incredible...

these are firtly CDMA phone... CDMA phones are always battery whores... dosent matter whether it is smart phone or basic phone.

secondly they are smart phone... they require more battery than average phones.

^^^ mate, I've been on a WM phone for the past 2 years so I know that smart phones are not that hawt on battery life, but there's still a line you have to draw on how often you'd want to spend your day charging batteries to keep productivity at optimum levels. My WM Touch Pro gives me at least 9 hours between charges and yes I already carry 2 batteries for that handset to last me thru the day. The issue with the Evo's estimated battery life of 4-5 hours would mean I have to carry 3 batteries instead of 2.