Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drali

Strange Data Speed Variations On Changing Positions Of Reliance Broadband+ Modem

I am using AnyData MTS modem for BB+.I have connected it through a USB adapter ,I usually get 500-600kbps when i keep the modem on my computer table.But the speed increases dramatically to 1.2-1.6Mbps as i hang the modem to the upper edge of my LCD (see screen shot ).Its a distance of few inches only that affect the speed to such extent.Has any one else noticed such speed variations?

Can someone explain this?

post-5499-127645626224_thumb.jpg

post-5499-127645632536_thumb.jpg

Position your modem near the LCD where you got maximum speed and move the LCD away, does the speed vary then? :GirandoOjos:

Position your modem near the LCD where you got maximum speed and move the LCD away, does the speed vary then?

Yes the speed decreases dramatically by 30-40% if i move the modem along with the LCD But there is not much changes if I keep the modem at the same position and move the LCD away.

Edited by drali2

Does that mean your lcd working as high gain antena ?

I dont know but its something very strange.May be some extra signal at that location as

the speed decreases dramatically by 30-40% if i move the modem along with the LCD But there is not much changes if I keep the modem at the same position and move the LCD away.

Edited by drali2

:ko2: :ko2:

:sleep3:

Maybe it is suffering from interference from your computer or something else when kept on table (hence slow).

LCD monitors don't emit much EMI by themselves....

it's characteristic of cellular network.

it create Black areas/grey areas at some point.

Reason is reflection and refraction of signal at various surface.

i have also experienced such cahnges in speed with my cousin's official blackberry, normal speed kept on table was increased to duble when hanged on laptop screen Sorprendido.gif

Even my friend experienced the same when he hanged the modem on tft.

So now we can increase the speed just by hanging the modem near LCDs.

Badia jugaad hai(Tft is a poor man`s tower:Contento:)

Wah-Wah....daaktar babu....NAYA AVISHKAAR kar diya hai apne toh. :)

Thank you Dost per its something strange....Haina:)

Good find. lemme try this also:)

Janaab Haider.....kya baat hai iss KATOREY ki toh.....modem Katorey mein rakhte he jabardast speed de raha hai.... :D

I wonder....very soon all our multinationals and corporate users too will take atleast ONE KATORA with them at their workplace to enhance the speed of their 3G modem. :D

tried indian katora :) its working ..... on 1x speed increases dramtically :)

10cm9no.jpg

b8tnic.jpg

Interesting. I wonder if it can improve voice calls. If yes, I think most unfortunate RGSM providers can consider talking with their fones inside woks and bowls... rofl_200.gif

Janaab Haider.....kya baat hai iss KATOREY ki toh.....modem Katorey mein rakhte he jabardast speed de raha hai.... :D

I wonder....very soon all our multinationals and corporate users too will take atleast ONE KATORA with them at their workplace to enhance the speed of their 3G modem. :D

Aur Honest bhai, kya aapne notice kiya? This Katora will be too helpful to MNC professionals in bad times like recession. Lolz... :Contento:

Ok lets be serious... From the YouTube link given above, we can find many WIFI signal booter tricks made at home with simple household things.

In this case it seems inside the border of the LCD screen there is some metal frame which is helping to gain the signal. It is also possible that the LCD is blocking the wastage of outgoing signal of 3G modem to useless side of room and all reflected signals are diverted towards the window of room (outside).

But whatever the reasons, a new thing to know this time. I am sure from next time everyone will put 3G unit in KATORA with proper angle facing towards window to get boost. :grin:

Expect to find pots and pans i mobile accessory shops soon... dry.gif

Expect to find pots and pans i mobile accessory shops soon... dry.gif

Dear friend

A small Katora can well be integrated and it can be termed as Blakberry C and If Qualacom can integrate Katora inside

the chip can be termed as Qualacom C inside :Contento::Contento:

like people say 3G CDMA : 3 Gujrati Chor Dhiru Mukesh Anil :Contento: :Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

Topic is shifting from TFT to Katora.:rofl_200:

These same idea has been adapted by Apple also...

So they have luanched Iphone 4 with reception attached with the back panel made of steel to increase the reception...........

Good Idea Though..........

Sorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gifSorprendido.gif