Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
helpreqd

Reliance Blackberry 9630 - want to use another GSM operator

Hi,

i had bought the Reliance Blackberry 9630 World edition (the GSM + CDMA together)some time ago. my very limited understanding was that it would operate on both networks, and i was told the same by the shop owner.

now i want to switch to another GSM operator. I am being told that the only GSM which will work is Reliance. I don't want the Reliance number.

when i tried putting a vodafone Sim, it said 'please provide 10 digit operator code' :confuse:

the webworld people told me that if i get it unlocked from outside, the charges will be around 2K, but the phone will be useless; it is too risky.

someone else told me that the unlocking works.

Can someone please help. is another GSM opertaor possible - legally / illegally / hacking / unlocking - anything...i bought the phone for 28k - i would hate to buy another handset if I have to use another operator..

can any of the experts please help... :sos:

did u mind reading this topic -

Just Read the link giveb by Dhiraj Bhai

Dr Will help u in this Regard

by default 9630 will work only with reliance gsm sim

it wont work with other sims

so u will have to unlock

if u buy unlock code from outside , they charge 20$ if u say ur operator is indian , coz they count them in premium unlock codes

but truth is with reliance MEP and IMEI once can generate code using alogrithm

i have provided unlock codes for reliance 9630 for free to many people , hence saving their 1-2k

but at present my suscription for unlock codes has ended and i have to renew it by paying 25$ .

Sir

Since u are contributing to RIM Web

I will be paying 10$

So u can continue giving this service to rimweb members

Hope other members too join

Hi Guys got some update on getting code for Reliance BB9630

I got code from one of the vendors earlier and so checked for this also.

Belowis the conversation between us:

Shan: yes

he needs to run this

MEP Reader method)

http://www.swiftunlocks.net/MEP_Reader.zip

1. Download File.

2. Open Software ( Blackberry Desktop Manager must be installed, Disabled Password, & Disable memory card and storage mode)

3. Press read Button

4. Connect phone to pc and wait

5. Send us IMEI + MEP + Model + Carrier to swiftunlocks@gmail.com and we will correct the code with ONE exact code.

and get me the mep so i can get the correct code

me: what will be the cost involved

Shan: 5.00 usd

I hope this may be enough for our gurus to get further information.

Thanks

Amit

thats what i am saying

these vendors are using MEP code caculators and issuing unlock code

all they have to do is feed IMEI and MEP and it calculates code based on an alogrithm

btw u can read mep of ur blackberry by going to BB ENGINEERING SCREEN without need to use MEP reader

anyways i have got contacts of few dealers and am trying to get codes from them for as little as 0.99$ , lets see

Hi,

i had bought the Reliance Blackberry 9630 World edition (the GSM + CDMA together)some time ago. my very limited understanding was that it would operate on both networks, and i was told the same by the shop owner.

now i want to switch to another GSM operator. I am being told that the only GSM which will work is Reliance. I don't want the Reliance number.

when i tried putting a vodafone Sim, it said 'please provide 10 digit operator code' :confuse:

the webworld people told me that if i get it unlocked from outside, the charges will be around 2K, but the phone will be useless; it is too risky.

someone else told me that the unlocking works.

Can someone please help. is another GSM opertaor possible - legally / illegally / hacking / unlocking - anything...i bought the phone for 28k - i would hate to buy another handset if I have to use another operator..

can any of the experts please help... :sos:

It is possible to do this. Just get your sim unlocked and change your mobile network to GSM/UMTS (2G). Just make sure when you do this, the SIM card should not be inserted. Turn off the radio, insert the sim card and do a cold reboot. Your GSM should be active now when you turn on the Radio.

Few things you cannot do is change the splash screen (Reliance) to your new service provider. These things are hard coded. enjoy!