Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
topgnat

Easy Method For Root On Incredible

First of all I take no credit for this.

This is after almost 4-5 days of research and then finally getting the root on my Incredible through this method that I thought may be I should write summary of what I researched so as to make the job easier for some noobs, like me.

1.Begin by installing HTC sync.

2.Also install Android SDK along with the USB driver. Now this driver is and its .inf is in the sdk folder/usb driver.

3.Edit .inf of usb driver by opening the .inf file and adding following lines under google.nt86 at the end of section:

;

;HTC Incredible

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C9E

%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C9E&MI_01

%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C94

Save this file.

4.Update drivers in device manager by browsing to path to saved USB driver, usually c:\sdk\usb_drivers.

5.Now download this Incredible Rooter app from Rooter Applic

6.extract to tools folder in sdk directory.

7.Now with phone on and connected to PC through USB, click rooter application from tools directory.

Step 1. link "download" when finished downloading it will say finished, click OK.

Step 2. link "Reboot into recovery" will cause the phone to reboot into recovery,

Step 3. will check the success and will output "success" or "fail". If fail restart and continue from step 2.

If you get "success", before going to next step, you should still be in the triangle with the ! screen. press vol up and power to go back to the menu. DO NOT REBOOT.

8.Press vol down to highlight "apply: update.zip" and press the power button

It will say failled .... NO PROBLEM, carry on

9.In the Rooter application that is still running hit following:

Step 4. "Push Files" will push all files.

10.now open cmd prompt

type cd \

cd sdk

cd tools

11.Now type the next command but DO NOT PRESS ENTER YET

adb push payload-update.zip /sdcard/update.zip

12.Next step is on phone AND PC so read before executing. Press the power button on Apply: update.zip within 1/2 second (just as you see meter like thing start on phone) press enter on the command window to execute the above command.

13.If successful you should see

“unrEVOked for Incredible” with some other stuff

14.Now type the following commands to make it persistent through reboot

adb shell

su

/system/bin/cat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/su

/system/bin/chmod 4777 /system/bin/su

export PATH=$PATH:/system/bin

cd /system/app

cat /sdcard/Superuser.apk > Superuser.apk

cd /system/bin

cat /sdcard/su > su

ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su /* IF YOU GET AN ERROR HERE DO rm /system/xbin/su THEN REDO */

chmod 06755 su

15.Now you are rooted and can uninstall city id, etc

/* City ID */

/system/bin/rm /system/app/CityID.apk

16.For wifi tether just click Post step "Enable WIFI Tether" link in Rooter application, Download wifi application from the link that will come up and save to SD card after reboot and install as any .apk.

Hope this may help few in being rooted more easily.

• Like 2

+1 :thumb: Great Find mate..

So we have another incredible user in rimweb... NICE...

Edited by Greatest

But customs ROM have some compatibility issues

Is't it

This method has already been posted at many sites. Easier (1 click) root for Incredible on the way for total noobs - http://unrevoked.com/incredible/

what compatibilty issues

the nand has been also cracked by team

so we will have custom roms very soon

This method has already been posted at many sites. Easier (1 click) root for Incredible on the way for total noobs - http://unrevoked.com/incredible/

With all respect for gurus like you, I did not take any credit for the method. I mentioned it in the first line itself.

The link you have given shows "they will be back soon", I did not take the method from there. This is compilation of informatio from various places on androidforum and xda.

But still, I have mentioned few differences in the procedure which I feel tend to work better, at least in my experience of rooting 3 times successfully by this method while I was struggling to get the root before this.

You may have noted I have combined few steps from two methods most popular elsewhere. I was researching for many days and failing. I was confused about people mentioning about 1.SD card compatibility 2.Driver issues 3. Timing issues, I have in this method ensured that all issues would be taken care of.

I have in one place tried to provide information regarding 1.Driver modification in .inf, 2.timing is taken care by Incredible rooter application, and for some reason 3.card does not matter in this method 4.steps 9,10,11 are where the two methods combine.

This is for noobs like us and not for masters like you.

Was just trying to contribute my bit as I have got so much from this forum I felt like contributing. I am sorry if I made some mistake.

Edited by topgnat
  • Like 1

^

Not to discourage you in any way sumit... keep up the good work... +1