Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

Reliance Communications Offers Unlimited Mobile Internet Access !

In a bid to boost its plans of launching the third-generation (3G) services in India, Reliance Communications, controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani would offer unlimited internet access to subscribers through their mobile phones at Rs 99 a month. The company had won key licences to offer 3G services in 13 cities, including Delhi and Mumbai, which are the biggest markets in the country.

Analysts believe that this was expected as Videocon offers at Rs 96 a month and expect further price wars in internet services because of established players. "At Rs 99 a month, assuming more than 50% capacity utilization, services will be break-even," they say.

Last week, debt-laden Reliance Communications unveiled plans to sell up to a 26% stake in itself, after India sold licences for 3G wireless services at a price far higher than expected. On Monday, the company said its board approved a proposal to bring investors into its tower arm and help create an independent tower company.

Click Here

Edited by phonegeek

MUMBAI: No. 2 Indian telecoms firm Reliance Communications said on Wednesday it would offer unlimited internet access to subscribers through their mobile phones at 99 rupees ($2) per month.

The offering is part of the company's plans to launch third-generation (3G) services in India, Reliance Communications, controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani, said in a statement. The company had won key licences to offer 3G services in several regions across India, including Delhi and Mumbai, the biggest markets in the country, at the end of a government auction in May.

Last week, debt-laden Reliance Communications unveiled plans to sell up to a 26 percent stake in itself, after India sold licences for 3G wireless services at a price far higher than expected.

On Monday, the company said its board approved a proposal to bring investors into its tower arm and help create an independent tower company.

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/6054213.cms

Edited by Arun
<< Topic Merged >>

must be with FUP (fair usage policy)

Similar news by Rediff:

Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications [ Get Quote ] announced on Wednesday MobileNet Plan, which allows unlimited mobile internet access to its post-paid and pre-paid subscribers at Rs 99 per month.

The plan, first initiative by the company to roll out its 3G services, will allow customers access to social networking sites, instant messaging applications, chat services and email accounts like yahoo, gmail and hotmail.

They will also be able to download free multimedia content.

"This special mobile Internet plan offers seamless connectivity to the Internet on mobile across the country and our customers will be allowed unlimited access to internet and any sites of their choice on the move using the mobile as an intermediate," Reliance Communications' Marketing -- Wireless Business president, Mahesh Prasad, said.

RCom's Mobile Internet Plans also offer lower subscription rates for the convenience of the customers including Day Pass at Rs 5, Weekly Pass at Rs 29, Fortnight Pass at Rs 51, the company said.

RCom, as part of its business outlook, expects the GSM business to make significant contribution to its mobile data revenues and usage.

It's rolling out the MobileNet Plan across 24,000 cities and 600,000 villages in India

Iam confused they will provide 3G offers with CDMA or GSM or BOTH :GirandoOjos:

R Com must have planed to give bamboo to rivals

thats the reason he is offering unlimited @Rs99 only

Fun if it really happens

Hope it works with foreign handsets

If it is also for RCDMA again NUC charges will be applicable or not?

has plan launched with reliance

No idea dear.. we need to confirm this with CC.. will try to contact CC at night.. Hope they know about the offer :Sorprendido:

Oh how much I needed something like this on my RGSM(now that the service works like CDMA)! I don't have to use 2 gsm numbers anymore.. I will have RGSM for all services,calling/texting/surfing on mobile throughout India.. Way to go Reliance.. Just keep improving network.

doesn't these plans already exist

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/rworld/mobilenet/overview.html

and also discussed in on rimweb before

reliance advertisement have "unlimited" but at time have some kinda cap or FUP.

check this out

http://convergence.in/blog/2010/06/10/trai-stops-simply-reliance-unlimited-plan-on-my-objection/ :D

Edited by iamromeo007

The question to be asked is whether this plan is valid for rcomnet apn as well or just valid for rcomwap?? Anyone any clue?

Just talk to CC

3G is gonna start after September so the plan will also come after September

So Start Dreaming till Sep

September launch for 3G is an optimistic thought in my opinion.

I think 3g services are going to be launch very soon, coz there is IVR msg on *222 regarding this.

I think 3g services are going to be launch very soon, coz there is IVR msg on *222 regarding this.

As I said it is an optimistic thought and would indeed surprise me cos till now spectrum hasn't been given to these companies.

If i is available on Edge then also it is worth !!!

@ Rs 99 unlimited internet, that is awesome .. should be there for CDMA too ...

I love Docomo's plan Rs 95 for 6 GB monthly it is as good as unlimited. How much more do u need on a cellphone.

previous.gifWhy do you think everyone will use it ONLY on a cell phone? For those who access thru PC/lappy, 6 GB/month can be peanuts. Edited by raccoon

:previous:

ON a PC with around 234kbps (EDGE) speeds, it will be very slow.... This is compared to the nowadays standard 2mbps speeds of a wired BB....

@ Raccoon, for Rs95 6GB/month ... dont u think that combo is good ?

Those who want more can recharge their phones again ...

Personally for PC i prefer wired BB, as it is much more reliable & FAST for the price it is now.

I will love to install Nimbuzz & skype on a Docomo connection & talk with ppl ... even if I talk 8 hours a day I am not running out 6GB ... That in itself seems cool to me !!!

Docomo tum chagaye ho abhie ke liye

Wait Reliance is going to show the power if he launched this plan in the topic

I hope if they provide this free service on HSD data cards :D

@ Raccoon, for Rs95 6GB/month ... dont u think that combo is good ?

Those who want more can recharge their phones again ...

Personally for PC i prefer wired BB, as it is much more reliable & FAST for the price it is now.

I will love to install Nimbuzz & skype on a Docomo connection & talk with ppl ... even if I talk 8 hours a day I am not running out 6GB ... That in itself seems cool to me !!!

Depends on what you compare it with. Sure, if you use it only for chatting, you can talk 24/7 and still not use a fraction of that 6 GB limit. I recently used GPRS (not even EDGE) on my RGSM when my wired BB was down, and I used up 50 MB (which is the limit for the daily plan in RGSM) in just a few hours of being online. And that involved just involved general browsing, tech forums, chat, and email. I was surprised how quickly the 50 MB got used up.... had never checked before since I use an unlimited wire line plan. It seems web pages are continually becoming heavier as the years pass. So it depends on your usage. For me, I don't think 6 GB/month on an EDGE connection will be anywhere near enough.