Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashu

Help Needed For Lgrd7230

:P

I just purchsed LGRD 7230 and i found out following features are missing or might be i am unable to explore them. Plz confirm them or help me out.

1. There are lots of ringtones available with the phone but i am unable to associate them in phone book i.e for each and every caller the ringtone is default one and i can not assign a custom ringtone to a particular person.

2. There is no canned SMS provision.

3. I was unable to tranfer text SMS from PC to phone though viceversa is possible.

4. IR port can't be used for synchoronisation with PC

Apart from these I found LGRD7230 a great buy

Ashu

I just purchsed LGRD 7230 and i found out following features are missing or might be i am unable to explore them. Plz confirm them or help me out.

1. There are lots of ringtones available with the phone but i am unable to associate them in phone book i.e for each and every caller the ringtone is default one and i can not assign a custom ringtone to a particular person.

That's the BIGGEST "flaw" in the phone my friend. You can't associate different ringtones to different numbers. The default will always be one. :P
2. There is no canned SMS provision.
3. I was unable to tranfer text SMS from PC to phone though viceversa is possible.
4. IR port can't be used for synchoronisation with PC

No it can't be dude. I think you missed the 'finer' point sized note in phone maual..which says that IRDA port is compatable with 7230 phones only. Which means you can exchange stuff only between one 7230 to other. And that too ONLY phone book. Nothing else.  :clap:

Apart from these I found LGRD7230 a great buy

Yes I agree...7230 rocks. Once you get comfortable with the phone and are willing to experiment with it a bit... do check out the technical/programming secion of this forum also to discover what else you can do with 7230 (for instance crate ur own personalised ringtones, wallpapers, etc). I have a post out there on which I have uploaded many ringtones compatable for 7230...plus other issues related to 7230...u will find it there. But don't jump on to it soon! Read thru all posts... absorb... and then take a plunge B)

Edited by Arun

is SMS word wrap function available in new software for 7230?

is LG rd 7230 freely available at ww for both pre and post??

how good is the pc sync?

is there pc sync using which we can upload midis and wallpapers?

is the data cable included in the cost?

how good is the cameraand the vid camera?

how much does the battery life last for a moderate user (not much R world)

is there group sms feature?

is reading the phone book quick and easy?

can numbers sent as text in an sms be saved in the phone book directly?

read somewhere that the photos taken can not be saved in the pc? if so it would be a joke? is it true?

is it / will it be available in the openmarket? will the prices differ from the ones at ww?

Actually i have suffered with GTRAN and am planning to buy anew phone. I dont know if i should wait for Nokia or other handsets to come or should i buy rd6000 or 7230

Edited by tanveer

how good is the pc sync?

read somewhere that the photos taken can not be saved in the pc? if so it would be a joke? is it true?

is it / will it be available in the openmarket? will the prices differ from the ones at ww?

Actually i have suffered with GTRAN and am planning to buy anew phone. I dont know if i should wait for Nokia or other handsets to come or should i buy rd6000 or 7230

21843[/snapback]

1. PC Sync is reasonably good, but not very excellent. It comes with two software (link starter and LG desktop), one for phone book and another for image, video, theme, avtar and SMS reading. Only avtar, theme and speed dial can be written to phone, other functions are read only. Even photos and videos can not be erased from phone using PC application.

2. 1 spare battery and USB cable is included in cost, however there is problem with its driver. So in some PC only r connect works and on some PC pc sync works.

3. Camara quality is better than most phones of 300k pixels I have seen. Video recording is for 10 seconds without voice. It is MJPEG format. Good for capturing moments but not really great video feture. Nokia 6600 has far better video quality with voice.

4. Battery life is fairly good. 2 days with about 40-60 min talk time a day.

5. No group SMS or not even send to multiple number feature.

6. Reading phone book is impractical and not so user freindly.

7. Neither phone book entry can be sent as SMS, nor number received in SMS can be stored to phone book. It does not support reading number sent in SMS as call back number. (I mean if some one sends phone number by SMS then in 191 and other GSM phones, it reads both numbers as call back number and user has choice to select number on which he would like to call)

8. Photos can be saved in computer, esily.

9. LG 6000 does not come with data cable or spare battery, and I have seen 6000, 7230 is better option than 6000. So effectively it may turn out to be expensive than 7230 without video function.

10. When I bought this from open market I got 300 discount.

BTW I want to sell my 7230, interested?

Nokia CDMA 6225 is not supporting video like its sibling 6220 GSM. Else 6225 if has same feature as 6220, its a good phone.

Best part of 7230 is its 1000 X 4 phone book, 1 memo, 1 email, photo ID for each number. Also on board memory is larger than most camara phones. Even display is good.

how good is the pc sync?

21843[/snapback]

1) yes..its freely available...atleast in Mumbai ..yup

2)PC sync is pretty good...just plug and download.. initially the software provided had problems..dunno the latest version. Mine gave a prob so i shot a mail to customer care of LG and they promptly sent me a new CD.

3) for that use bitpim...it gives u good results!

4) yes data cable and stereophonic headphones and a spare battery are all part of the standard accessories.

5) Out of all the lots of camera ph that reeliance had introduced....this one gives amazing results and so are the video clippings. I have even got a few pics developed from a camera shop..and they turned out real good!

6) I am a heavy std user...so when i charge my battery in mor and on an average..spking for nearly 2-3 hrs in a day..the battery exausts by aftnoon/evening next day. Mostly the battery gets consumed if u are too much of sms, r world user or u are doing uploading and downloading.

7) no, there is no group sms feature.

8) yes, the phone book is very user friendly.

9) hmmm never tried that. saving nos as text directly from sms. will let u know on that soon.

10) Its a joke. U can save photos directly on ur system...even send threu mms.

11) I dont think u can pick any cdma phs from local market and get reliance no on it. U need to pick phs directrly from them.

12) given the option that u have suggested...i'll put my money on 7230 any day my friend...the results are good..thats it. But yes...this phone lacks...speaker phone & FM...which the other model (nokia) has. But then nokia and other LG models doesn't have such good pic quality and no video mode option. So u need to really decide what do u wanna go for - features wise.

Hope this helps! :clap: