Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Review Of Palm Pixi

@hitesh and others... well all this is so mouthwatering...

DJ Ji kya baat hai...aajkal palm pixi par reserch work ho raha hai home minister ke liye :D lols...

I am upgrading my palm pixi plus rom 1.3.5.1 to 1.4.1.1 .

After upgrading my phone memory status is only available 3GB used 5GB,

My music files and photo not seen in mobile and also not seen any file when connected with PC.

How can I am deleted all files from my pixi and use full 8gb memory.

i just got my palm pixi plus

i love these handset

but i have some problem i cant creat profile and i cant connect my to app catalogue

my web os ver is 1.3.5.1

Can anyone here help me with my webosquickinstall problem? I have been trying to contact Hitesh but I guess he is busy. Hence I am posting here. Either in Developer mode or Downloaded mode I connect my pixi to the PC with webosquickinstall open. I cannot see novacomd running in the background under Processes in Windows XP SP3. I click File -> Options to reinstall novacomd, when I click Options, nothing happens. I use the latest version of 1.6 Java and I am not able to figure out for the past 10 days where I am going wrong. Can someone help me out here as to any prerequisites I am missing?

First time I ran webosquickinstall it asked me to download webosdoctor and I chose Verizon as the operator. Anything to do with that?

I am using Tata Indicom network on my pixi.

^^^

WebOsDoctor and WebOsQuickInstall both are seen in same flder

TO install Apps thru WebOS Quick Install, phone should be DEV mode, and Diag and USB Net should be turnoff

if dev button is not showing in list, use code posted on rimweb.

^^^

WebOsDoctor and WebOsQuickInstall both are seen in same flder

They both are in the same folder only.

TO install Apps thru WebOS Quick Install, phone should be DEV mode, and Diag and USB Net should be turnoff

if dev button is not showing in list, use code posted on rimweb.

Thanks. I thought there is only dev mode and usb net mode. What is this new diag mode and how do I switch it off?

And how come even preware I am not able to install any app? I have been trying to install the facebook beta app 1.3.1 for a long time. webos version on the phone is 1.3.5.1

^^^

In Usb Passthrough mode U could select all port to none.

Guys, I have another problem which kinda persists from the beginning. In the email client, everything goes well. When I open an attachment, whatever it may be, doc, xls, pdf, it opens I read it. If I throw it off the top of the screen after clicking the gesture area, the phone hangs, shows the palm logo and restarts. But everything is fine if I leave it open and go back to the email client and check other email. What could be the problem? Should I upgrade the OS? I think it is in 1.3.5

update to latest 1.4.5

hitesh has posted some links in his thread

Thanks I have downloaded the 1.4.1.1 link provided by him. I am yet to find out how to use the jar file to upgrade. I have started searching the forum.

^^

First Switch of the phone and than

Press and hold volume up button and insert datacable and you seen big USB sign on ur mobile and then click on jar file and follow the instruction.

^^

First Switch of the phone and than

Press and hold volume up button and insert datacable and you seen big USB sign on ur mobile and then click on jar file and follow the instruction.

Thank you. I am downloading the 1.4.5 right away. I shall follow these instructions and get back if there is any trouble.

@all, is there a 1X data plan on postpaid that I could use on TATA Indicom? These guys have plans only for HSIA that too only for HSIA configured mobiles like the Samsung Corby Speed. When I said I don't want HSIA, just give me the normal 153kbps 1X data plan, they are clueless. Nodal officer was of no help. After writing to the Appellate Authority they refunded the money charged at 45 paise per minute when I was connected on 1X for almost a week. Amounted to 3.2k plus taxes. They said they will suggest me a data plan so that I won't be charged per minute basis, but they are every week calling me and informing me that they are working on the issue. I don't know how long it will take for them to suggest me. I am still using only Wifi. Kindly if anyone is using TATA Indicom, let me know what data plan I can use on the palm pixi.

<Update>

I have updated to the 1.4.5 successfully. The OS seems slick now and the phone feels very fast. It automatically was trying to download Preware in the App Catalog but as I hadn't set up WiFi it failed. Then I set up WiFi, tried to configure email, it didn't work. Tried twice. Fail. Opened web browser, opened touch.facebook.com. Worked. Don't know why the mail app is not able to access the web when the browser is able to. One more thing is instead of Tata Indicom, it is showing Verizon Wireless. Now I shall try to add contacts by syncing to my gmail account. Hope that at least works.

</Update>

I am trying to install Preware using the techniques mentioned here. I am not able to use any of the three steps mentioned there.

1. When I click the Blue Down Arrow nothing happens.

2. When I double click the Preware standalone installer, nothing happens.

3. When I click linux commandline under webosquickinstall, nothing happens.

I have the latest version of Java installed as well as novacomd. Don't know what else I need to do. What am I missing?

Edited by deepakchan

i'm using cmo unlimited addon pack in kerala which gets me unlimited data @ 900 / month

i'm using cmo unlimited addon pack in kerala which gets me unlimited data @ 900 / month

Why is it so expensive? An equivalent unlimited GPRS pack is only Rs.249 in GSM. Is CDMA this costly? That too for just 1X speed?

Bought one Palm Pixi Plus from eBay and just received the packet. Its a beauty.....

Its my first buying direct from eBay, so will do all the prog and activation part myself.

Its long time when I last played with WebOS on my Plam Pre:-

Going For -> Meid Regn -> RCDMA Programming -> Try WebOS 2 with over clocking.

Edited by tarun_kabra

Congo.. seems you received it very quickly from Ebay Global Easy Buy.. And at an unbelievable price.. Sorprendido.gif

Now the real battle starts..grin.gif

Ya that was very fast, ordered it on 21st July.

Battle........ ya will start after 31st July only.

I am thinking of buying a Pixi + as my secondary phone. Have some apprehensions in mind and would appreciate someone clearing them -

Is it a fragile phone? I dont know of many people using the phone for more than 2 months. By the time issues with touchscreen or mic crop up. Am I generalising or will it last the run.

It features a outdated 600 Mhz processor so have taken much of the sheen from the famed multi tasking capability of intuitive webos. I am not much of a multi tasker, most probably 3 - 4 cards will be running, say the web browser, messaging, youtube app, music. Will the performance of the phone be lethargic?

How is its WiFi reception and connectivity?

:)

:previous: Guess my last post missed your attention. Should I post it as a seperate topic in Handset Suggestions forum.

:previous:

Been using it for more than a month. It works fine..Not fragile.

But no group sms facility. There is an app but I am not able to connect.

Make sure to turn of Data Usage in phone preference or you will get a huge bill.

I am really surprised to know that we cant send group sms from Palm Pixi plus as per the recent post of samsung123.

Actually I am also keen to have this handset since last few days, but somehow not able to order it till now. But I need group messaging service in my daily routine, so now I would like to know from the existing users of Palm Pixi Plus handset about the solution for sending group sms from this handset.

Also share whether its good if I use mini browsing on the handset regularly with data plan of 99 per month.

Thanks in advance.

:previous:

If u like Group Messaging go for Android or Blackberry