Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rkburra

Any reviews for BSNL 3G Data Card?

Does any one tried BSNL 3G Data card.

user experiences and reviews are appreciated.

• Confused 1

my bro bought it from pune but it was single grade not the 3g for 2500

The lw273 come for 3000 + 120rs recharge will give you 12gb [one time new buyer offer <<correct me if m wrong]

but that what the dealer told my brother

• Confused 1

3G GSM?? If looking for only data please do not go for GSM. Go for CDMA in any ways. Even CDMA EVDO performance is not as satisfactory so expecting it from GSM is really too much. Even in US 3G of AT & T is no where closer to VERIZON and SPRINT

Read this too http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=190221

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

the data card cost 2500rs and 120rs for 3g sim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Dear Friend

I am using 3G SIM for nse trading on now software with AT&T unlocked aircard bought from EBAY. It's really good and is more or equal to landline broadband. One of the dealer in Nellore he is selling TMOBILE unlocked modem upto 7.6 MBPS and my cousin also bought it and he is saying it is equal to AT&T AIR CARD.

Regards

Babulu

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi All,

I am from Bangalore and stay near Majestic area. I too bought a BSNL 3G with a

data card after Diwali. The signal strength in my area is almost 98-100%.

Considering this, I get an average speed of 1.5 - 2 Mbps.

The maximum file download speed which I observed while downloading a file form Oracle website was 575 KBps. Remember its KBps and not Kbps, so its a caps 'B'.

So that was truly amazing. Therefore the maximum download speed I noticed was 4.5 Mbps and an average of 2 Mbps most of the time.

The least speed observed in the same site was 120-140 KBps with a slight fluctuation.

Torrent downloads with 4 file simultaneously, the total bandwith for download nearly reached 390-400 KBps, and upload was 1-1.5 Mbps.

This is truly amazing provided u have sufficient signal in ur respective areas.

The only doubt I have here is whether the 4200 Rs, plan for 6 months is really unlimited or is there any cap on the usage which they call as "Fair Usage Policy".

One more question please.

Am using Huawei data card, model no e1752, which I purchased for Rs 3800/= Is this the correct price? Or have I paid more for this ?

Any body who knows about this or who want to know anything about BSNL's 3G experience can drop me a mail to mohammedbit@gmail.com

Thanks,

Mohammed P.

post-72418-0-12224200-1291020702_thumb.p

• Confused 2

Hello I am from Nagpur I had bought 3g modem of Vodafone about a year ago I recently used Docomo Sim in it was working connected on 3g but speed was not good

Bought a BSNL SIM card yesterday am able to browse on mobile and from laptop thru mobile using the settings apn "bsnlnet" and UN ppp with password ppp123 but when I put the SIM in data card it does not work

Can anybody help me in this matter The data card is not locked since I have used docomo card in it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

when u put bsnl sim in data card it showing network on left bottom side of software ?

if yes then it min u r device is unlocked

no need to put unppp

only put apn name bsnlnet

and dialing no. *99#

user name and password black

then connect :signthankspin:

I tried using the apn bsnlnet without the un and password but then also it is not getting connected thru data card

• Sad 2

It is problem of Maharashtra bsnl 3g circle.

No 3g data card other than their own 3g data card work in Maharashtra circle.

I have unlocked Huawei E1750 7.2 Mbps 3g modem.

I try every setting for bsnl 3g ,upgraded firmware and dashboard

but bsnl 3g not working.

gives the error code 619 OR 628 randomly.

It is problem of Maharashtra circle only it work in other

state with no problem using same hardware.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

whats so special about the network of Mah circle

Hi Shabz,

After u have put 'bsnlnet' in APN, give your cell phone no in user id and password.

Try doing this, as I use my cell phone no as user id and both password, and in APN, select static and use access no as *99#

Let me know if your able to use the card with these settings.

Regards,

Mohammed P.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

From yesterday, am observing the speeds are reducing drastically. Am just getting 800-1200 Kbps or 0.8-1.2 Mbps hardly.

Is anybody else too experiencing the same.........? If yes please reply.

Do you know why is this happening? Is there any usage or speed capping in this BSNL unlimited scheme for 3G.....?

Or is it a network problem with some network device down?

If anyone has any idea about this pls reply to mohammedbit@gmail.com

Thanks,

Mohammed P.

Tariff vis-a-vis speed for unlimited is much better in case of BSNL's EVDO than 3G at our place. The tariff for unlimited usage in 3G is just double to that of EVDO ( Rs. 1499 and Rs. 750 ) and the speed is almost comparable. Speed is still a bit better in 3G though.

I have heard that Rs4200 data booster (6 months UNLIMITED WITHOUT FUP) is going to be stopped after December.. Later in Jan, after pvt operators started 3G in full swing with SUPER-HIGH 3G DATA Tariffs, BSNL may also hike or introduce FUP in unlimited plans.. So friends, it is better to make use of this opportunity, imho..

It is problem of Maharashtra bsnl 3g circle.

No 3g data card other than their own 3g data card work in Maharashtra circle.

I have unlocked Huawei E1750 7.2 Mbps 3g modem.

I try every setting for bsnl 3g ,upgraded firmware and dashboard

but bsnl 3g not working.

gives the error code 619 OR 628 randomly.

It is problem of Maharashtra circle only it work in other

state with no problem using same hardware.

I am from goa and use unlock data card on BSNL 3g its working check out ur Data card may be some error

Hi Shabz,

After u have put 'bsnlnet' in APN, give your cell phone no in user id and password.

Try doing this, as I use my cell phone no as user id and both password, and in APN, select static and use access no as *99#

Let me know if your able to use the card with these settings.

Regards,

Mohammed P.

I tried that thing but it is not working It just does not connect When I put the DOCOMO card it works fine and gives a speed of 1 Mbps

:previous:

I am also experiencing the same with my FASTEL 3G USB modem... But I have noted one more issue.. BSNL's 3G DATA IS NOT AT ALL WORKING ON MY E90 also (WITH BOTH 3G SIM of RoTN and also my BSNL number with 3G active).. BUT VIDEO CALLING IS WORKING WITHOUT ANY ISSUES.. May be DoCoMo, the only private 3G operator has paid well to BSNL staffs or BSNL IS ALWAYS LIKE THAT IN MAH & GOA circle???

Please anybody from M&G help me in this issue... :wacko::sos::help:

BSNL 3G asa checked in Chandrapur is giving 1.88Mbps download and 1.44Mbps upload.

I am very much surprised as it does not seem to cover nagpur adequately and chandrapur, that would be a non priority sector for other operators is given such good speed.

Sad to say, my own BB+ is showing signals of 1X only..

Can i use bsnl 3g Data-Card in NCR region, with MTNL 3G network.i have tried kerala's bsnl 3g sim in my 5800 xpress-music, but i have got speed limited to Edge speed. :NOTriste::NOTriste:

So will i get 3G speed via BSNL Data-Card in NCR ????

Edited by SantoshRoyal

Can i use bsnl 3g Data-Card in NCR region, with MTNL 3G network.i have tried kerala's bsnl 3g sim in my 5800 xpress-music, but i have got speed limited to Edge speed. :NOTriste::NOTriste:

So will i get 3G speed via BSNL Data-Card in NCR ????

somewhere in the web site they did mention about roaming.. but right now when i am trying to get hold of the same the web site is not loading.. "can't establish a connection to the server at bsnl.co.in."..

will try later on.

good thing, which modem did you use. I am seriously thinking of switching over to bsnl over bb+ poor coverage issue in mumbai.

good thing, which modem did you use. I am seriously thinking of switching over to bsnl over bb+ poor coverage issue in mumbai.

I use Fastel 7.2 Mbps USB modem. Bought from e-bay. Rs 2300/-.

BB+ is so pathetic. Now I am using BSNL 3G & BSNL WiMax.. Both are super fine and super fast !!!!

^^^ BSNL has excellant infrastructure all over India.. But there are serious connectivity issues all over.. One needs to check connectivity issues close to their home/work places before plunging into the behemoth's hands...