Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

Reliance Becomes Truly 2Nd Largest Operator

Subscriber Additions And Statistics For The Month Of May

Subscriber base data as on 31st May 2010.

Bharti(Airtel) --> 3,118,036(WI) + 133,619,705(WL) = 136737741

Reliance --> 1,185,639(WI) + 107,972,822(WL) = 109158461

PSU(MTNL+BSNL) --> 3,484,257(MTNL-WI) + 5,166,654(MTNL-WL) + 27,197,491(BSNL-WI) + 71,687,210(BSNL-WL) = 107535612

Vodafone --> 106,347,368(WL) = 106347368

TATA --> 1,187,911(WI) + 70,208,244(WL) = 71396155

Idea --> 66,727,402(WL) = 66727402

Aircel --> 40,079,531(WL) = 40079531

WI --> Wireline

WL --> Wireless

The leaders in the subscriber additions for the month of May are Airtel, Reliance, Vodafone, TATA, Aircel, Idea and PSUs(BSNL+MTNL) in that order.

The overall teledensity is at 55.38

source:: http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/PressReleases/740/PRelease28june10.pdf

Key Changes

1) Reliance truly becomes 2nd largest operator overtaking PSUs(BSNL+MTNL)

2) TATA overtakes Reliance in the landline segment and becomes 3rd largest landline operator behind PSUs(BSNL+MTNL) & Airtel

Forecasts for month of June

1) Vodafone will overtake PSUs(BSNL+MTNL) to truly become 3rd largest operator

2) TATA may overtake BSNL in terms of wireless users

Edited by kesav

This is definitely exciting just the other day i got sms from reliance thanking on completion of 7 years with them. Also got a mailer of preferred customer where they have waived of the ISD activation deposit on my postpaid connection.

Good Going Reliance

:GirandoOjos: :GirandoOjos:

From where are they (RCom) getting so many subscribers despite RGSM being so bad in so many cities? confused.gif I don't think people going in for CDMA would count for much.

You definitely seem to have an agenda against CDMA in general and Reliance in particular. Whats the story raccoon?

This is definitely exciting just the other day i got sms from reliance thanking on completion of 7 years with them. Also got a mailer of preferred customer where they have waived of the ISD activation deposit on my postpaid connection.

I have been a customer too for the same time. Not got any such SMS.

previous.gifHuh?! I don't have anything particular against RCom... except their pathetic GSM network. I have always stated things as they are - good and bad, both. I'm surprised at your comment....

^

You are a bit over sarcastic at times of Rcom, or perhaps you are not aware of the loopholes to enjoy it to the fullest... LOL... :Chulo:

Right point Dhiraj Sir

ha ha ha

^

You are a bit over sarcastic at times of Rcom, or perhaps you are not aware of the loopholes to enjoy it to the fullest... LOL... :Chulo:

I know what you mean, but I'm not inclined to utilize those loopholes for want of time AND also for other reasons. Also, if you have to utilize loop holes in order to enjoy a service, I wouldn't be inclined towards such a company and its policies. Not when there are other, possibly better options so easily available. If there weren't other options, I may of course do different.

But my comments in this thread was directed towards numbers. Do you expect the average subscriber who makes up for those numbers are CDMA gurus and would be attracted to RCDMA due to its loopholes? I think not. Also, I have observed most people I know are not inclined towards CDMA due to the obvious drawbacks. I know you have found ways around many of those drawbacks, but your type forms a very small minority. As for RGSM, the network seems to be quite bad in most cities, and obviously no loophole is going to help on that front. Hence my surprise at the subscriber addition figures.

As for my sarcasm, it seems you haven't experienced their GSM network in Poona. If you did, you would hopefully not think it to be "overly sarcastic".

Edited by raccoon

^

PM for details and I will promise you you will never think of ever using any other service provider in your life and you will shift back to Reliance CDMA at once... LOL... take this comment in lighter vein of things.......... :winko:

I know your complaints about concantenated SMS and poor handsets.

But without a doubt you get the best voice clarity and cheapest fares both for voice and SMS. There are positives to everything only if you are willing to look for them.

^^^As I'v mentioned before - I really can't agree about the voice clarity thingy. I have used RCDMA for 3+ years and all I can say is that its voice clarity is comparable to that of Idea... and now I don't find Docomo laggin either (at least not at my place... yet to try it in different parts). In fact I have found Idea to be slightly better (mebbe about 10%) than RCDMA, at most times. I know others here do not agree, but I have to speak from my own experiences. Anyway, this has already been discussed before, along with the reasons, so I won't elaborate further.

I have never mentioned that there are only negatives with RCom. Of course there are positives too, and I have always stated things and my experiences as is.

Edited by raccoon

^

I believe your beliefs would have changed after the my reply to your pm on the aforesaid subject.......

Edited by dkaile

@kesav

u haven't included figures of newbies.

like uninor videocon s Tel MTS videocon aircel and etisalt.

I had visited coai.in.

Find surprice thing that uninor subsciber got decresed in BIHAR, TN, KERLA and KARNATAKA? :confuse: :confuse:

If uninor is selling lifetime sims , how does there is deep in subsciber, and what is net addition?(i mean net adition is lower than net reduction)

What's wrong in uninor?

Or

It's strategy of Telenor, to show that "WE IN INDIA IS HAVING HIGHEST ARPU" among all player...

Or reduce cost of those line(subsciber) which are not being used or giving any revenue from incoming and outgoing calls???

I have been a customer too for the same time. Not got any such SMS.

I got the sms

am just 3 year old subscriber of reliance & my isd is activated, that too without making any deposites.. :)