Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ananth001

Need Help In Configuring Data On Incredible (Tata Indicom)

Hi all

I've an Incredible activated on the Tata Indicom network. Am able to make and receive calls , but not able to use data - for browsing on the handset. Please advice on steps needed to setup data in Tata Indicom for my HTC Incredible. (Also need help to correct City I'd)

Thanks and regards

Ananth

City ID cannot be removed till you root (I too dreaded to receive calls from Afghanistan thinking some terrorist was calling me... LOL); anyways, it will go away once the 15 day trial period is over...

For data, you need to configure it in qpst - http://mobile5.in/vi...c.php?f=20&t=30

and enter your proper tata username and password under PPP-uM tab... also update tata prl under system tab if you have any voice/sms problem only

OR

COMPLETE STEP 1 BELOW AND YOUR DATA ON TATA ON THE PHONE WILL START WITHOUT PC

Tethering on Incredible (Internet Sharing/Using phone as modem) -

As you all know that these bloody buggers at Verizon/HTC have not included the modem driver in the HTC Sync application for reasons best known to them, we have extracted the drivers from the Verizon Access manager application for your benefit -

Step 1: Reprogramming your phone

• from your phone, dial ##pst (##778) - Press Call
  • click "edit mode"
  • enter security code 000000
  • scroll down to M.IP Settings
  • change MIP Mode to Simple IP only
  • hit back
  • scroll down to Security
  • change the "HDR AN AUTH User Id (LONG) to "proper TATA username"
  • change the "HDR AN AUTH Password (LONG) to "proper TATA password"
  • change the "PPP User Id to "proper TATA username"
  • change the "PPP Password to "proper TATA password"
  • change the "S.IP DUN Username to "proper TATA password"
  • hit back
  • press menu, choose "Commit Modifications."
  • The phone will power cycle.

Step 2 - Computer Setup
  • Download Drivers: http://rapidshare.co...r_v2.12.0.0.exe - (WModem_Driver_Installer_v2.12.0.0) - (Extracted from VZAM Setup)
  • run Setup WModem_Driver_Installer_v2.12.0.0.exe
  • Next, plug your phone in to the computer. Let windows take care of the driver installation.
  • Per your version of windows, you'll need to set up a manual dial-up networking connection. Settings you'll need:

Phone Number: #777 Username: "<your phone number> or any other proper TATA username" Password: "matching proper TATA password"

PS - TATA CDMA

User Name = wapuser

Password = wapuser

Tata prl is here - http://www.rimweb.in...do-prl-of-tata/

also copy prl to sd card and update prl as above in step 1 under PRL tab - Update prl- Do this only if you have any voice/sms problem

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 5

thanx a lot. That was really fast. My G Phone is setup with 1X now, thanks to your advice. This forum really rocks , I wish more Tata Indicomr's like me get in this forum , and make it a really great place for all needs in CDMA.I havn't tried teethering, will do that tonite. Keeping my fingers crossed for somebody to crack EVDO for Tata.

thanks and regards

ananth

Glad to help; do press the + button if any post helps you; I just love my Incredible and want more and more people to start tasting this wonderful device...

• Like 2

hi

teethered succesfully !!! thanx a looooooott

ananth

That was fast people... kudos..