Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
deepu

Using Two Phones To Double Bandwidth

But how to do it with my Cable Internet and R connect.

Cable connction is LAN based abd Reliance is modem based....

But how to do it with my Cable Internet and R connect.

Cable connction is LAN based abd Reliance is modem based....

23439[/snapback]

You can use a s/w called midpoint and do this. I have not tried this... But if you can try it out pls do it.

You can get the s/w from this link..

http://tucows.mundofree.com/win2k/preview/59773.html

midpoint seems to be working, however I could not test for longer as evaluation copy shuts down after some time. Tryig for crack too

Yes please try more and post your experiences.. It will be very usefull...

If any body knows about any other s/w similar to midpoint please post!!

I can't install two Reliance Modem in One machine. The System says, Already Reliance modem is available on this machine.

I think it is not possible with the same type of (TWO LSP340E) TWO PHONES install in one machine.

it took a while, but i managed to follow the step-by-step instructions to set up double modem.

i manually installed two "standard 33600" modems - one thro com1 and the other thro com3(usb)...next, i created two new dial-up cnxns manualy from "new connection wizard")

i enabled the "Negotiate Multi-link for single link connections" in both of the dial-up cnxns

but i seem to be stuck at this point :clap: - the two connections dont get merged...its like EITHER this OR that...like this capture9bz.jpg

although each of them connects perfectly(alone), whenever i dial the second cnxn, the first one dies. :) (tho not disconnected,no data transfer at all)

what am i doing wrong? :P help pls

=======================================

i wonder if some things are MISSING in my computer !!?! i remember disabling a bunch of windows "services" some time ago (supposedly for a safer and faster machine)...tho i have had no problems bcoz of this all this time, im worried if this has anything to do with my inability to multilink?

like for instance this one - deepu had said about multilinking

Create a dial-up connection like your normally would.

-Right click on the icon and select Properties

-Click on the Multilink tab

-Click on Use additional devices

-Click on the Add...

and i just cant seem to find these tabs !!! WHERE IS THIS MULTILINK TAB?? right-click on which icon?

when i right click on the dial-up cnxn icon and look at the properties, these are the tabs i c - General/options/security/networking/advanced

when i right click on the modem(device manager) and look at the properties, these are the tabs - General/modem/diagnostics/advanced/driver/details

where is this multilink tab please (xp pro)

Help me out guys...

----------------------------------------------

btw,

1. Microsoft has a help page on this procedure of multilinking HOW TO Set Up Multiple-Device (Multilink) Dialing in Windows XP

2. the "Midpoint" software doesnt seem to work with rconnect - it apparently needs STATIC ips to work with...

i forgot to mention - i did utilize the cnxn to the fullest extent so that the second cnxn would also be needed to be active...but its still idle-no data transfer. :P

another thing i've been dyin to ask - in this dial-up prorerties>options, the "Multiple devices" section always remains greyed_out/unclickable...

capture110lk.jpg

is this part of the same problem ?

( Pravin@ Dec 14 2004,3:44PM )

this technology is called bandwidth aggregartion , u can combine two connections so that total bandwidht becomes 230kbps if u use 2 lg phones and if u use 2 samsung phones its becomes 460kbps and i have tried it and it works only on windows XP only

:D how can this be? aren't all RIM phones supposed to support the same speed (115kbps)?? that means 2 samsung phones should also aggregate to 230 kbps and not 460kbps. am i right?

using two modems to connect to the net and double the speed wont work unless the ISP supports the feature ....

call ur ISP and ask them if they support the feature .....

yes iinfi..we cannot do it with rconnect sad.gif

googled n googled n googled and finaly had to accept- we cannot do it unless RIL does somethin...As of now RIL does not support PPP multilinking sobbing.gif

here's an improvisation - if we cannot merge the two, can we atleast run them both parallely?

like, can i sorta 'bind' certain programs (p2p/downloads) to one cnxn and do all the browsin with the other cnxn ?

does anyone know how to do this, pls?

this one looks easily do-able, but it seems near impposible... still googling, cant seem to find how to do this kinda binding sad2.gif The closest i got to was somethin called 'multihoming'...but it still doesnt do what we want.

keep in touch

Great to have you doing lots of research on this one... Hope you finds it out...

All the best!!

hey, thats nice curious.gif ... actualy, im kinda givin up on this one, deepu... pained.gif i coudnt find how to do such binding....

im sure its do-able and im even sure the how_to_do is out there somewhere on the net...its a matter a finding it... cant seem to get the right google search string ....

this is one of the very few times google didnt ...errm, yield.

so, this leaves us with the good old (no pun intented) option of asking real-life people who know...lke when we did b4 da www came on the scene :help: ...im trying...

guys please ask around...and let us know - how to 'bind' certain programs (p2p/downloads) to one cnxn and do all the browsin with the other cnxn ? (in a dual modem scenario)

keep browsin

Edited by rEdshiFt

Prawin,

It will be very helpful if you share the procedure.

i have tried in XP, but its not working for me

21876[/snapback]

hi All this is the process ..

If you have one reliance phone for internet on ur home PC and want to increase bandwidth, then you need to add another reliance phone or modem on your PC and connect

<snipped - to enhance readability - Puneet>

njoy

-Prawin

mcse,ccna ,ccnp

21890[/snapback]

hi

i did exactly what u told but i dont see two connections merging both are blinking separately . i am using XP with two ISP . what would be missing?

did any body tried this? (try its just 50K) http://www.graphicdesignetc.com:80/Downloads2/MultiRAS2.zip

It seems to be interesting. I will test within day or two and post

This is the text of READ ME FILE

Four years ago (June 1998)rwilfong@rewnet.com wrote MultiRAS 1.0. Today, after many change requests for added features, I give you:

MultiRAS 2.1

By the way... In case you don't know... MultiRAS is for people who want to use two or more modems to access web pages faster on the internet. It comes in handy if your ISP doesn't support Multilink (which most don't). And, YES, YOU NEED A PHONE LINE FOR EACH MODEM YOU USE. This version also allows you to enter your Network Card or Gateway IP addresses to be included in the swapping. This allows use with cable modems and other non-RAS type paths. Also, since a Virtual Private Network connection is a RAS device, it works exactly like a real modem.

WOW! It only took me two days to write and test. It's a total rewrite in MS Visual C++ 6.0. It doesn't seem to have any memory leaks or known bugs. I will release the source code to pretty much anybody who asks for it.

Send requests to: rwilfong@rewnet.com

Here's some documentation for those who want it!

Here's a discussion board in case you want to ask a question or leave a comment!

This version works about the same as version 1 except for the following:

1) The download is ONLY 10 KB instead of 150KB!!!!!!!!! Since I wrote it in Microsoft Visual C++, and you all have computers running Windows 9X or better, you have the library files used by MultiRAS 2.1 already loaded on your machine - SO, you don't have to download them - COOL!

2) It has two time settings. The main one works like in MultiRAS 1 and controls the time limit for most connections. The second time is associated to a single Connection which can be set to a longer period (or shorter period) as you see fit. (Trust me, this is something that was asked for)

3) There is a dropdown next to the time 2 setting to do the association. If either the connection IP address or the time is blank, the main time will be used for all.

4) There is a section to add IP addresses of gateways/NICs. If you don't know what this is, leave it alone!!! It won't break anything permanently, but you will have to restart you computer if you set something weird. This is for the people who wanted to try out multiple cable modems. I don't think it will help, but some people wanted it implemented anyway.

5) You can now set the switching to 1 second - it seems to work great on my AMD Athlon 650MHz...

Well, have fun and tell everybody you know that MultiRAS is all grown up!

Edited by kshah

every thing is bakwas u can't have 2rconnect connection @ 1 pc cos when u dial a dialup call, reliance's server register ur computer name and other detail, and when u connect other phone it disconnect session rconnect session of 1st phone.... how i came to know about this? answer by using Ethereal.

but i was able to connect 2rconnect connection @ 1 pc by using VMware Workstation, i created virtual pc by using above s/w. and than i connected my 2 mob with 1 pc and connected rconnect @ same time. and i was successful.. 2 mob? yes i made the clone of my own mob!!!! but later i uninstalled virtual pc from my pc cos it was taking too much memory. I'll post Ethereal log of rconnect connection 2moro.

thanx

Edited by cracker