Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Forum Software Upgraded To IP.Board 3.1

Now When we Get personal message

Even when it is read it shows unread

so we need to press it in 3 diff places to make it disappear

:previous: It will not show Unread if you have read the message. If it is showing as Unread then your browser is loading from the cache.

:previous: It will not show Unread if you have read the message. If it is showing as Unread then your browser is loading from the cache.

Arun Actually what he ment was If i am online on the site browsing , and I get a PM, I open the same directly as it comes like a popup , I read it and close it but still in my notifications it shows 1 unread message.

What you are trying to say is teh browser is loading from teh cache. I would agree to you If this notification of unread message would not appear in anothe machine where i am starting a new instance of browsing the Fourm and that too hours after i read my PM

Though this in not painfull for members like me but for other Mods it can be a problem.

Regards

Niraj

:previous: Ok I understood now. It seems that this redundancy is addressed in v3.1.2 scheduled to be released soon.

New sub-forum "Completed Trades" have been added under Buy-Sell forum and moved all closed buy/sell topics to it.

New sub-forum "Completed Trades" have been added under Buy-Sell forum and moved all closed buy/sell topics to it.

This is nice.... One suggestion i want to give is that we should have sign in option of directly filling up username password at http://www.rimweb.in/forums/ instead of clicking Signin and going here http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login and filling up... This will save alot of time for slow net users..

:previous: That was suggested earlier, but not possible to implement in the current login system, maybe possible in future releases.

But the upgraades are simply awesome

New "Handset Suggestions" forum added so that topics with requests for handset suggestions can be posted here. It will also help new members to go through the suggestion topics for reference and avoid creating a new similar request topic. Previous suggestion request topics from "Other Handsets" forum has been moved to the "Handset Suggestions" forum. Topics older than 2008 are left to be moved, if you come across a newer topic that needs to be moved to "Handset Suggestions" forum then please use the "Report" button.

Dear Arun,

The Mobile Website Of Rimweb Is good. But Can We Build a App Like XDA Have Done In Collabration With TapaTalk.

That would be very nice as most of the forum members are buying Android Mobiles ...

Just a Suggestion:)

:previous: The application is already available for iPhone (see: ). The Android application is next and is under development.

Thank You SO Much :)

IP.Board forum software upgraded to version 3.1.2 - Please do not forget to do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) of your browser to remove any cache from the older version.

What's new?

Other than the dozens of bugs fixed, one new feature is Archive Conversation. Now that these conversations are much like personal topics (threaded view) that can have many replies from many different participants the old system of simply allowing a downloadable text file isn't an option since introduction of IP.Board 3.x. In 3.1.2 you'll be able to email yourself a copy of the conversation. This will be sent as a HTML file attached to the email which you can download and store on your computer. When you're viewing a personal conversation, you'll see a new box on the left side: "Archive Conversation". Clicking this will send the email via 'ajax' meaning the screen doesn't refresh and you don't lose your place on the page. You will receive the full conversation as a HTML attachment file after which you can delete the conversations to save space.

nice 1 Arun :)

Also I would request some new skins if possible and also if there are some free ones :)

:helloooo:

nice..........

waiting new home page........ :threatenlumber:

nokia s40 Application ......... :dance:

:signthankspin:

Would Like To Request a option of Viewing Posts since a particular date time (not from the a user last visited ) as many a times u visit rimweb , u get som message, or your boss calls u, u start dooing something else, that's it next time u come View new contents gives u a blank recordset or fewer records.

BTW Thanks a ton for the updates :signthankspin:

:helloooo:

nice..........

waiting new home page........ :threatenlumber:

nokia s40 Application ......... :dance:

:signthankspin:

hi

no reply ...???

:previous: See post #37. Nokia/Symbian application after Android only. The primary market of IP.Board is the Americas where Nokia isn't that popular nowadays thanks to iPhone and Android, so I don't know for sure about Nokia.

@Arun, is it possible for you to add the page numbers when browsing the topic on an android device (mobile phone)? I was once browsing a topic on my mobile which had more than 30 pages, and when I clicked on the topic, it started from the first page. For me to go to the last page, the only option given was to scroll through all the 30 pages before reaching the last one, which I did it through the 'next page' button below the topic. Also, I feel the posts in a single page on the androind mobile phone has less number of posts than in our PC (20 posts per page). Is it possible to increase the number of posts to be viewed on the mobile phone as well?

I did not know if this is the right place to post information, so I have also posted the same thing in another topic titled, 'Lets ask Arun" under, Forum Feedback section

:previous: I have seen that new feature request as pending to be approved to be added in the next major release of IP.Board, as a drop down selection in the page to jump to a particular page number. The Mobile page shows 15 posts itself like the normal page.

I have made a change to the Reputation System to avoid unnecessary arguments as some sensitive members may take negative points too seriously leading to bad blood between them. After evaluating the reputation system usage and experience, I find it isn't fair to give negative points to someone just because the other person does not agree to a point made by the first person. So lets have peace at RIMweb and appreciate each other with +1s only! Hence it is either +1 for someone if you like or don't if you don't like. Simple enough. That is why Facebook doesn't have an "Unlike" button ;)

That will also avoid the "accidental negative pressing" problem :D

Is it a coincidence that negativity has been removed at RIMweb on International Day of Non-Violence (Gandhiji's birthday)? :Contento:

• Like 3

indeed a good move.. :P

Thats really a goods news Dear Arun. :thumb:

Chalo achha hai....2nd October ke din ye change aya Rimweb mein. Its the best day to show some GANDHIGIRI :victory:

gandhigiri-728172.jpg

^^^ Nice Move Indeed

Kamal JI Kaise hai aap - Gandhi ji ke janam din me dikhe aap..

* Upgraded to IP.Board version 3.1.3

* Pruned few old inactive forums and added few new forums with revamped forum structure. Some topics are yet to be moved to the new sub-forums. Please use the "Report" button if you come across any topic to be moved.