Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raccoon

Total Network Outage On Docomo

Anybody here from Poona or elsewhere who is facing total network outage on their Docomo?

The network has been totally down here since about 2 - 3 hours at least (not sure exactly). I'm talking about the Kothrud area. Not sure about other areas.

This is really pathetic! Needed to make couple of urgent calls, and I'm stuck with a dead network!! mad44.gif CC on chat isn't even aware of the problem... asked me to try Manual network setting. Didn't work of course. They just took a complaint.

Anybody here from Poona or elsewhere who is facing total network outage on their Docomo?

The network has been totally down here since about 2 - 3 hours at least (not sure exactly). I'm talking about the Kothrud area. Not sure about other areas.

This is really pathetic! Needed to make couple of urgent calls, and I'm stuck with a dead network!! mad44.gif CC on chat isn't even aware of the problem... asked me to try Manual network setting. Didn't work of course. They just took a complaint.

No. It was fine at least at Yerwada,Vishranthwadi & Kalyani Nagar

^^^Guess it might be a local issue then. The network was down for at least 2 - 3 hours. These kind of total outages I have experienced only with Airtel. mad.gif

Anyway, they called me up today (regarding my complaint) and said that due to optimizing/upgrading operations, the network was down. I told them even when network is up, data services are not at all reliable - sometimes I can connect and sometimes not. They said they are working on it and asked me to bear with them for a week. Are you facing any issues with data connectivity?

Dunno if that was a typical call center reply or real. Will have to wait and see.

Edited by raccoon

Yes, airtel do have frequent outage issue. How ever they are able to keep customer dissatisfaction within check due to superior CC. few weeks back it was down for 3 hours.

previous.gif Superior Customer Care?? Not here at least. After using them them for 2 - 3 years in the past, I can confidently say they had the worst CC amongst all the operators I'v tried.

Their network is pretty sad, they openly cheat in various ways, but still quite a few, esp. students seem to facy Airtel here. This is most likely due to their Friendz plan. But now other operators, esp. the newer ones have better plans. Lets see how they survive...

As for Docomo, dunno what is going on here - the network was totally down today morning. Though this time I didn't even bother to check for how long. Strangely even RGSM was totally down. Idea, as expected, was up and normal, and saved the day for me.

Docomo has done it again! Total network with intermittent weak signal every few mins. Problem observed again since today morning.

Lost a couple of important calls since morning... probably more. mad44.gif

Network still down! Intermittently I get one or 2 bars, so at least SMSes get delivered, but of course with delays.

Now Docomo is in the distinguished position of Airtel as the only network I have experienced with such long total network failures.

Shame on Docomo. ranting.gif

Network still down! Intermittently I get one or 2 bars, so at least SMSes get delivered, but of course with delays.

Now Docomo is in the distinguished position of Airtel as the only network I have experienced with such long total network failures.

Shame on Docomo. ranting.gif

I didn't get any problem today. Entire day network is up at Kalyani nagar.

But from last one month I am getting problem in connecting to GPRS/EDGE

previous.gif Same here. I activated the Sab Se Bol pack last week, but have found data services of Docomo to be VERY unreliable. Most of the time it just does not connect. Have you lodged a complaint?

previous.gif Same here. I activated the Sab Se Bol pack last week, but have found data services of Docomo to be VERY unreliable. Most of the time it just does not connect. Have you lodged a complaint?

Not yet. i will file right now. I think filing by you also helps.

hello everybody, i am in sales profession and I am traveling a lot within vidharbha marathwada and Khandesh parts of maharashtra, i am using Docomo Rgsm Airtel and Rcdma. I found that in most of the areas Docomo's services were very very poor in terms of Voice as Well as Data. Only in Gondia Docomos data service is Good. On the Contrary, I found RGSM's Services were very Good, much much better than Docomo/

Docomo network seems back on track now. Data still isn't working most of the time. Docomo needs to improve reliability big time. If this happens again, may have to consider moving out of Docomo. Can't afford to miss call for almost 2 days. Missed a very imp. call due to this fiasco. mad.gif

Uninor tariffs are working out to be even cheaper than Docomo, so that might be my next choice if Docomo lets me down again and if data service do not become reliable.

Goes without saying mate! Have already done it. In fact someone called me regarding this yesterday. I explained the problem to him again, and he told me he will get back to me about it. Will do it again in few days time if it does not improve. But it can help if more people complain... thats what I wanted to imply.

hello everybody, i am in sales profession and I am traveling a lot within vidharbha marathwada and Khandesh parts of maharashtra, i am using Docomo Rgsm Airtel and Rcdma. I found that in most of the areas Docomo's services were very very poor in terms of Voice as Well as Data. Only in Gondia Docomos data service is Good. On the Contrary, I found RGSM's Services were very Good, much much better than Docomo/

How are you defining good? The problem with RGSM is that even if there is good signal intensity, voice clarity remains between less than average to absolutely unusable. With Docomo, the voice clarity is usually good where there is coverage.

What about Airtel and RCDMA? How do they compare with these two?

Edited by raccoon

Docomo network seems back on track now. Data still isn't working most of the time. Docomo needs to improve reliability big time. If this happens again, may have to consider moving out of Docomo. Can't afford to miss call for almost 2 days. Missed a very imp. call due to this fiasco. mad.gif

Uninor tariffs are working out to be even cheaper than Docomo, so that might be my next choice if Docomo lets me down again and if data service do not become reliable.

Goes without saying mate! Have already done it. In fact someone called me regarding this yesterday. I explained the problem to him again, and he told me he will get back to me about it. Will do it again in few days time if it does not improve. But it can help if more people complain... thats what I wanted to imply.

How are you defining good? The problem with RGSM is that even if there is good signal intensity, voice clarity remains between less than average to absolutely unusable. With Docomo, the voice clarity is usually good where there is coverage.

What about Airtel and RCDMA? How do they compare with these two?

Rgsm services good interms of voice as well data, with IDM, i am getting 25-35KB/s, and as per as voice is concerned i never face call drop or voice unclarity, mostly i am using RCDMA for voice calls , regarding airtel, I stoped using it for data for the last 5-6 months, as data services form airtel are very very slow now a days, (dont know the reason) earlier it was very very good

previous.gif I'm afraid its not at all clear as to what you are trying to say. Are you saying that RGSM is has good voice clarity, and no call drops and good coverage in the areas you are talking about? Or are you saying these things about RCDMA? confused.gif

previous.gif I'm afraid its not at all clear as to what you are trying to say. Are you saying that RGSM is has good voice clarity, and no call drops and good coverage in the areas you are talking about? Or are you saying these things about RCDMA? confused.gif

Yes exactly RGSM has good voice clarity, and no call drops in above said areas.

If he is talking about RGSM, defintely something wrong. RGSM is having problem across ROM and I don't think it will be solved in near future. But it is comparatively good in Hyderabad.

Docomo voice clarity is good but needs improvement in network coverage. As per my understanding, they know the problem and working for network coverage improvements.

But needs to think seriously about GPRS if it is not solved in short period. I have filed a multiple complaints.

previous.gif Maybe it (RGSM) is better in some areas... but like you I'd still have my doubts. Couple of my friends told me its much better in Bombay at least. But then thats a different circle.

About Docomo, hopefully the coverage will improve. It is still one of the newest networks, so we can expect it to improve with time. I kinda regret making making it my main connection after using Idea. It neither has Idea's reliability nor coverage, including indoor coverage. Can only hope it will improve. As for data, thanks for lodging complaints. Hope you have complained to the Nodal/Appellate officers. I will do the same for a couple or more times. Really hope they do something about it soon.

Filed a compliant and they resolved issues. Since three day GPRS/EDGE connecting very fast. I think Docomo resolution is better than RGSM

:previous:

Yes Ji.. From my experience too, DoCoMo seems more promising than RGsm, for example in FullTT recharges, SMS Delivery, EDGE speed, 1p/2sec Local STV, ISD JuiceUp packs (Currently in Punjab for Rs59 STV, u can make ISD calls to US/Canada @ just 1p/sec :Sorprendido: )

Filed a compliant and they resolved issues. Since three day GPRS/EDGE connecting very fast. I think Docomo resolution is better than RGSM

Ohhh, is it? You are lucky. Not much luck here... ya it does seem to have improved somewhat though, but can't say for sure. Will check it out few times tomorrow to see if things are better. I'v been so pissed with it that I haven't really been attempting to even connect.

The single fact that Docomo voice clarity is much better than RGSM despite Docomo being a newer network is itself a good indicator. Everything else is useless when you can't even speak clearly. But yes, I have never observed total network outages with RGSM and GPRS has connected in every attempt. So Docomo has work to do on the reliability and coverage issues.

Things definitely have improved regarding data connections. :) Tried connecting 4 - 5 times a day in the last couple days. Only once it did not connect.

As I'v been using Docomo, I have noticed that in building coverage is many places I have visited has been weak to non-existent. Some malls I visted had zero coverage in many/most places. I was totally cut off missed couple imp. calls. As far as I recall, Idea had coverage in most of these places... so its a big disadvantage I'm facing, compared to my earlier connection.

Edited by raccoon

Things definitely have improved regarding data connections. :) Tried connecting 4 - 5 times a day in the last couple days. Only once it did not connect.

As I'v been using Docomo, I have noticed that in building coverage is many places I have visited has been weak to non-existent. Some malls I visted had zero coverage in many/most places. I was totally cut off missed couple imp. calls. As far as I recall, Idea had coverage in most of these places... so its a big disadvantage I'm facing, compared to my earlier connection.

Agreed idea has more coverage but idea i think uses outdated technology.In my area idea has good coverage 3-4 signal bars out of 6 bars, but voice breaks and call drops despite full signals.And date and time does not get auto updated .

Tata docomo and rgsm has less coverage 1-3 signal bars out of 6 signals.But once the call gets connected it will not get dropped and voice clarity is better like in CDMA and auto update of time and date is available

Last week I too experienced problems with Docomo Data Connection in my locality.

After registering the complaint, now its working great again from the last four days. It connects in almost every attempt. :)

Agreed idea has more coverage but idea i think uses outdated technology.In my area idea has good coverage 3-4 signal bars out of 6 bars, but voice breaks and call drops despite full signals.And date and time does not get auto updated .

Tata docomo and rgsm has less coverage 1-3 signal bars out of 6 signals.But once the call gets connected it will not get dropped and voice clarity is better like in CDMA and auto update of time and date is available

Hmm, I kinda suspected the same myself. Date and time do not update on any of my handsets when using Idea SIM. But voice breaks and call drops?? Not here at least. Idea rocks in Mah. circle. What does not rock are their tariffs.

And with RGSM here, it does not matter too much whether you get 1 bar or max. RGSM is a communist in that respect. All bars are treated more or less equally and voice clarity will remain pretty bad. grin.gif

Data on Docomo is working excellent again from the last 10 days here in Mumbai. I think Docomo has sorted out the problems now. The speed is awsome. My son used to be online for almost all the day without any problems. It connects in just one attempt. :)