Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kiran_kk

Cdma 1X Vs Gprs

Hi,

On all the GSM networks (even reliance GSM) one can get 2GB pack within Rs100 But CDMA 1 x is always charged on per MB or per kb basis. Why CDMA 1x is so costlier? If i get a smarthone in GSM i can get push email and get all other apps that need data get working under Rs 100 per month. Why i have to pay so much more in CDMA for same? is there similar 2GB plan for CDMA? Am i missing something?

TIA

Kiran

No doubt GSM Data is cheaper than CDMA 1x. But in CDMA you get smooth quality Data Connection.

speed is almost double in CDMA.

Earlier I was using Tata Indicom's CDMA Ix data 10 paisa for 10KB (Rs 10/- per MB):angry: Now I am using Idea GSM data 2 GB for Rs 97/- :Riendo: I used Motorola Razr V3C for CDMA data and Nokia 2700 classic for GSM data, speed is more in GSM Idea connecton. :SI: (used Aircel, Airtel, Tata Docomo and Idea for Data, speed is Aircel is the slowest, Airtel is better than Aircel but slower than Docomo and Idea is the fastest.

Edited by KAPILKDEV

Speed depends on network congestion and back bone. Imo cdma players are trying to increase arpu by charging premium for data. That's the only way for them as they have very few high end-user.

Cdma is stable no doubt but difference is not as much as premium they are charging.

I don't know, I have never got enough speed on GPRS to even dream of using upto 2GB !

@Kiran it is like money = quality

I don't know, I have never got enough speed on GPRS to even dream of using upto 2GB !

You are right CDMA data is more consistent CDMA speed of TATA is almost double of DOCOMO

You can opt 4135 unlimited TATA CDMA Modem with Device free for 1 year it comes to 350

for a month for unlimited DATA

You are right CDMA data is more consistent CDMA speed of TATA is almost double of DOCOMO

You can opt 4135 unlimited TATA CDMA Modem with Device free for 1 year it comes to 350

for a month for unlimited DATA

My original questions was mainly for using data on a smarthome. e.g ie if i buy an Android phone in CDMA Vs in GSM, using data hungry apps (e.g push email) the CDMA one will cost me a lot more per month. Can some of the heavy data users on CDMA smartphones comment on how much data they use per month with approxmite bill (for data) . This will help me make decision on whether to buy next smartphone on CDMA or GSM.

Secondy even Reliance GSM has 2GB offer for less than Rs 100. Whereas they don't give even 500MB for Rs. From Reliance CDMA, The cheapest 500 MB works out to be Rs 250 (50 Ps per MB in widows mobile plan). Why is it so? it just beats me.

Edited by kiran_kk

Push mail or IMAP idle is not data extensive usage unless you are getting or sending too many attachments. For reliable pushmail gprs or 1x is adequete. And 2 gb data is enough.

In cdma you will have very little flexibility of handsets unless you are willing to waste time on handsets cracking etc.

Imo for mails and im gsm is good enough. It's cheap as on today and people says now a days new technology edge support voice data simulations. Which is dream in even evdo.

Edited by kshah
  • Like 1

Yup, go through:

In Tata, I am using 1x Unlimited (NO FUP) on USB modem Postpaid for Rs575/month (Rs699-Rent - Rs125 Discount).. I am using whenever my DataOne :angry: gives problem (almost once a 5 mins) for backup connection.. I think this is the best one in 1x CDMA UNLIMITED data for now..

Gprs never satisfied me at all. CDMA is always best for me.

I wish reliance had something like a 500MB 1x plan within Rs 100 with monthly validity. It is like 1/4 of the available GPRS plans in GSM. With this kind of plan the usage of smartphones on RCDMA will be less pinch on the pocket.

Edited by kkdeep

Well Well Well

in GPRS or EDGE

a Whole Tower have Dedicted EDGE card which have Dedicated Spectrum assigned to it so EDGE or GPRS Trafiic can never disturb Voice. in CDMA 1x Data Session is done on Pure Voice Channel so more and more Voice User chocks Voice Network so if Expensive 1x and Cheaper GPRS or EDGE. a BTS can support upto 2 to 5 mbps on 1x to Different users but a Typical GSM BTS can support only 280 kbps (Subject to one slot Suport) to whole users under same BTS.

So Comparing it is not Proper.

• Like 1