Suggest Me A Dual (Cdma+Gsm) Phone

suggest me a dual sim (cdma+gsm) fone

#it should be very sleek ... atleast sleek

#gud battery backup or atleast ok backup

#opera browser to check mails

no price limitations

no brand preferences

thanks in advance. :)

Not much choice.. Go for Samsung Duos259, much better than Chinese cr@ps..

In Samsung Duos259, there is no CDMA data usage settings, internet browser is through GSM operator only. Also it has only a generic browser,'opera' will not work in it. In Samsung DUOS TOUCH (SCH W299), CDMA browser is present but only a generic browser and no 'opera' as in Duos259. If you can satisfy with CDMA+GSM single standby phone without a R-UIM slot, you can opt for BlackBerry 8830. But these phones are not economical and cost effective.The new entrant in CDMA+GSM dual standby category is Micromax GC400 ( http://www.micromaxinfo.com/products/gc400.html ) with 3 mega pixel camera for Rs 5000/- But I suggest you to buy two handsets, one CDMA EVDO Rev A handset like LG510 for high speed data usage( http://www.lg.com/in/mobile-phones/all-phones/LG-LG510.jsp ) and one Nokia GSM basic handset. You can buy both this handsets for Rs 9,000/- while Samsung Duos Touch alone costs more than 10,000/-

• Like 1

@ kapil dev

very gud post bro.

wat r d charges for evdo on tata?

i hav 2 use 3 numbers ... 2 gsm and 1 cdma.... am having nokia e63 ... and nw want a sleeeek dual sim fone(gsm and cdma)

my dad is having the same fone bro - really it s**ks than chinese crap - very poor browser :(

my dad is having the same fone bro - really it s**ks than chinese crap - very poor browser :(

Thanks Kapildev for a very good suggestion in a nutshell. KangnaDeepan is always in a haste to post as many posts as possible (is it always necessary to be on the "Today's Top Posters" list?).

you can opt for BlackBerry 8830. But these phones are not economical and cost effective.

I strongly disagree. For a cost of around 7 K; this Blackberry is the BEST BET of high technology and build quality which NON of the other phones mentioned by you can match.... See my topics to learn how...

Edited by dkaile

Blackberry is the BEST BET of high technology and build quality which NON of the other phones mentioned by you can match

Friend dkaile, I agree with you. By "not economical" I intended for Samsung Duos 259 and Duos Touch, however think that Blackberry 8830 is not an OMH (handsets with multi R-UIM portability becoming more popular in India), has no R-UIM slot (a big headache as handset changing cards for Tata Indicom, MTS, Virgin, BSNL CDMA are difficult to get), only single standby (can not turn on both the numbers simultaneously, either GSM or CDMA at a time).

wat r d charges for evdo on tata?

50 paise per MB for prepaid ( http://www.tataphoton.com/tata-photon-on-mobile.aspx )

Edited by KAPILKDEV

however think that Blackberry 8830 is not an OMH (handsets with multi R-UIM portability becoming more popular in India), has no R-UIM slot (a big headache as handset changing cards for Tata Indicom, MTS, Virgin, BSNL CDMA are difficult to get), only single standby (can not turn on both the numbers simultaneously, either GSM or CDMA at a time).

When you have a forum like RIMWEB, why do you need to worry of such issues... Whats the use of this forum then??? and a BLACKBERRY is a BLACKBERRY.... No chinese crap can match it...

@sreek

Why don't u try intex 3 sim phone.

Which can ease ur handling.

Sir,

you already have E 63

My suggetion is g-fone 588.

It is economic , user friendly ,and overall good set.

You can get it from this forum also.

Just search...just try...

go for videocon VC 1605 ... or olive triple sim phone.i am also looking for a similiar phone with triple sim and qwerty keypad. i am using bb8830 now .

In Samsung Duos259, there is no CDMA data usage settings, internet browser is through GSM operator only. Also it has only a generic browser,'opera' will not work in it. In Samsung DUOS TOUCH (SCH W299), CDMA browser is present but only a generic browser and no 'opera' as in Duos259. If you can satisfy with CDMA+GSM single standby phone without a R-UIM slot, you can opt for BlackBerry 8830. But these phones are not economical and cost effective.The new entrant in CDMA+GSM dual standby category is Micromax GC400 ( http://www.micromaxinfo.com/products/gc400.html ) with 3 mega pixel camera for Rs 5000/- But I suggest you to buy two handsets, one CDMA EVDO Rev A handset like LG510 for high speed data usage( http://www.lg.com/in/mobile-phones/all-phones/LG-LG510.jsp ) and one Nokia GSM basic handset. You can buy both this handsets for Rs 9,000/- while Samsung Duos Touch alone costs more than 10,000/-

Dear Friend

Do not go for chinese craps Purchase Samsung 259 It is good set i am using . CDMA data can be accessed by data cable provided

with it Ivesting on EVDO is useless TATA and Reliance have very low expansion preferences . Purchase a open 3G modem and use

DOCOMO 95 special recharge with 10 GB for a month. On launching 3G you can use any card