Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Your Latest Hardware Purchase

I would like to start this topic where people can discuss their latest HARDWARE PURCHASE. By Hardware I mean - anything related to electronics, computers, gadgets, Phones, LCD's, Laptops etc. etc.

I would like people to add in short why they purchased this piece of hardware.

Also its COST & PLACE of purchase - to help others; and a WEB LINK of its specifcations and any other related Link/Topic you have started elsewhere to help others...

Let me make a start -

I have purchased yesterday a HP LASERJET 1007 B&W laser Printer @ Rs. 5,400/- (MRP Rs. 7000/-) from Nehru Place, New Delhi. Though the extra cartridge still costs around 3K but its easily refilled on the street for 300 bucks..

Link - http://h10010.www1.h...20Printer&cc=in

Why - I was looking to replace the cartridges of my old Xerox Phaser 6100 and HP laserJet 5P and their cost was nearly the same as this new printer hardware; so I decided to go for a New Hardware instead...

I would request Rimwebian's to kindly contribute en-mass with THEIR LATEST PURCHASES....

HP-LaserJet-P1007-Printer_400x400.jpg

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

^^

This one is wifi enable? Or not what is the price of Wifi enable laserjet printer.

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

^

No, but costlier options for that are available; I didnt need it so went for the rock bottom price one...

this is nice basic printer of 1xxx series from HP... my dad is using it for abt a year.. the toner is also cheap..

Yes .. refilling it also takes no time if you know the right technique.

I purchase the toner & refill it myself .. Believe me you can do it in 15 minutes once you know the technique. I bring its toner for 50 bucks (100g) which prints me 2500 pgs apprx ..

Rs 50 for 2500 pgs .. damn cheap .. I used to refill it from outside but it took me 30 min of travel & 30 min of waiting time ... so instead i refill it myself :)

If anybody needs technique PM me..

• Like 1

^

email me the technique, toner type/specs and brand, etc. - dhirajkaile@gmail.com

^

I am stuck with these HP's - Hewlett Packard and Hetal Patel.... at least 1 provides Peace of MIND.... LOL

JFYI - My HP Laserjet 5P is still going strong; I purchased it in 1995 - Can u beat that.... 15 years...

Edited by dkaile

^^^

I know what you are saying, HP (Printer company) make more profit in INK than Selling printer.

I totally agree with Hetal here. Companies making products especially like printers for normal customers make the machine Cheap, and price their supported accessories at higher prices... HP follow the same method.

I think every company follow this method.

But when it comes to Mass pprinting and faster printitg... the choices are narrow and products costs huge amount. But main concern of the company is to make printing process as economical as possibial. because people who buy these expensive printers looks for economical solution for their mass printing.

My fren bought a printer couple of mont ago, its of XEROX and capable of printing 48ppm in 1 minute both sided. It cost him mingbogling 3.5Lac

Number of pages he needs to print per month is obviously a huge figure.

But for small office and home printing (100~300 pages per day requirement), i think these cheap printers are very pretty good.

@ Hitesh

Universal Truth

all Consumer Printing Company make More Profit in Selling Ink and Toner all Entry Level Printer are sold at loss

^

who buys original cartridges in India... LOL

JUGAAD - thats the Indian buzzword... all chips are available for all cartridges... easily refillable for 2-300/-...

Buy US but THINK INDIAN.... LOL...

in logo ko unki hi chappal se maaro...

My Lab requires daily Print of 1000 A4 sheets daily for reports, from 2004 onwards we have switchover to Laser printing completely for our needs, we have bought 6 Small printer and 3 medium printer during this time. I shall share some of my Experience to use printing optimally:

1) Refill your cartridge with OEM compatible ink cheap ones will damage drum prematurely.

2) On Every 3rd refill Opt for changing drum (one drum goes for 3 tone cartridge)

3) Empty all old toner fully, before refilling

4) get inside cleaned 2 times a year - lots of dust n dye will jam parts.

5) after 9-10 refill change gears of cartridge as it might break and cause damage inside.

6) you can opt for assembled cartridge

7) give rest between prints to prolong Teflon life

8) Many cartridge are common between HP and Canon - u can hunt for old HP cartridge whose printer are not available and use in New Cannon printer - this works out cheap like toner of HP 1000 ser. can be used in canon LBP 1018

Hope this helps

Got point from post no 14, - i am planing to buy Router and a switch, shall update ( excuse me for hacking can del if you say so)

Edited by Genius
  • Like 1

^^^ :Contento:

I request people to discuss and POST more hardware that THEY have bought. rather than getting stuck at one HP Laserjet only.....

Topic Title edited from "My" to "Your".....

Edited by dkaile

From a hardware topic, this seems to have become a printer topic!!

Recently bought Lenovo S10-3t Its a Atom based Netbook with 10.1" screen.

Whats more that it is a Touch Tablet. Screen can be rotated 180 degree on left as well right side.

Once can use fingers as pointers and clock, type and draw. It has Multi Touch means once can use more than one finger at a time to draw or select.

I wanted a light laptop to carry around with me. All this time typical 15.4" have been too heavy to carry around teh whole day. So a Atom based Netbook was the option. A typical Atom based Netbook is available for 13-18k.

Since someone was coming from US, I selected this model which costed around 28k. I said worth it with Windows 7 home premium, 4 cell battery, 2 GB ram and 250 GB HDD.

Lower models than this also had a good choice. If you skip out touch screen / tablet, you may get a model with 3G slot so inserting a 3G SIm would give you Internet access. While my Netbook has a Dummy slot for 3G SIM as body is common.

Now the same model is released in India for around 35k.

Check its link here URL

My business is Web Designing. So spending a little extra for own use and Client Presentation is going to give a good ROI....

I have recently bought one Canon Lide 100 scanner. Though I have a HP 1020 laser printer, I wanted to buy an MFD. But settled for this scanner.

A nice piece, simple but effective.

No separate power supply. takes power from USB.

consumes very low energy 2.5W Yes two point five.

Got various mode for scanning.

the user interface in PC is simple.

I am learning the operations by trial and error.

If any body has got some tips, pls post.

Today I bought a Belkin Wireless G ADSL2+ modem router (f5d7634sa4a) in Delhi ...... The looks are good. The modem functions are also very good but the support is lacking. If you go to Belkin India website, there is no support option. No softwares etc. This modem does not come with a splitter and hence this is an issue in India. They should provide this. The purchase price was 2800/-

Are TVs included?

^^^

Dalo kya farak padata hai, also TV is one of the hardware pc ka nahi hai to kya huva.

Yesterday I bought Sony DSC- W380 camera for 13700/-

really awesome,

The best feature is sweep panorama,

Optical zoom is very good and also available in movie recording.

trying to find negative points ...........

hey does this can support RAW images or does it support touchscreen??

1.Bought Samsung Galaxy-S GSM Android phone for my younger brother @ 26,500/- with bill+warranty (was later on offered 25,750/- from another distributor with bill)

Specifications here - http://in.samsungmob...amsung-galaxy-s

samsungi9000galaxys.jpg

Interesting Facts -

- Only Indian model (and some european markets) gets a Front VGA camera for true 3G video conferencing (at least on the miserable BSNL); Its not their in US Model....

- The 4" screen is the latest special variant of amoled as on my Incredible; its called Super Amoled and there is a distinct difference in sharpness and brightness

- It has a ARM Cortex A8 processor running at 1 GHz which supposedly is slightly better than the Snapdragon in my Incredible

- It has 16GB of inbuilt memory and micro sd card (I have put in a 8GB card in it) which supports upto 32gb making it possible to use a whopping 48GB of memory. I remember till 2 years back latest pc's came with a GHz processor and 40GB hdd...

- It has Bluetooth 3.0 (a new standard) and the 5MP camera also took very good snaps in low light. So I didnt miss the flash...

- Wireless tethering is inbuilt

- It misses the HTC Sense UI but its compensated by similar programs downloadable from market

- Swype keyboard is also inbuilt and I am lovin it...

- Aldiko book reader came pre installed. The open office suite even opened pdf files.

- GPS lock inside the house is POOR in comparison to HTC Incredible

- It has a 1500mah battery

2. Bought a White coloured TVS Wego for my Daughter; Ex showroom was 43490/- On road 47490/-.

Specifications here - http://tvswego.com/

tvswego04.jpg

Found it better than the Honda Activa in these Facts -

- It has 12 " Alloy wheels in comparison to Activa's 10" metal ones

- Pickup is much better and top speed is also higher

- Wheel base is more by 40mm hence its more stable and seat is more comfortable

- It has an external Fuel lid opener (no need to raise seat to fill fuel)

- It has separate twin parking lamps

- It has Twin telescopic Front suspension (like a motorcycle) unlike Activa's plain damper

- Its rear shocker is also gas filled

- It has Front Lockable Box (absent in Activa)

- It has Full metal body like Activa

- The Ignition ring glows in night

- There's provision to attach a car charger in the under seat boot

Edited by dkaile

2. Bought a White coloured TVS Wego for my Daughter; Ex showroom was 43490/- On road 47490/-.

Specifications here - http://tvswego.com/

tvswego04.jpg

Found it better than the Honda Activa in these Facts -

- It has 12 " Alloy wheels in comparison to Activa's 10" metal ones

- Pickup is much better and top speed is also higher

- Wheel base is more by 40mm hence its more stable and seat is more comfortable

- It has an external Fuel lid opener (no need to raise seat to fill fuel)

- It has separate twin parking lamps

- It has Twin telescopic Front suspension (like a motorcycle) unlike Activa's plain damper

- Its rear shocker is also gas filled

- It has Front Lockable Box (absent in Activa)

- It has Full metal body like Activa

- The Ignition ring glows in night

- There's provision to attach a car charger in the under seat boot

Itna Badaaa Hardware :rofl_200::rofl_200:

indeed a nice choice :)