Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Your Latest Hardware Purchase

Bought 2 pieces of Samsung Champ (one Pink and One White) for my kids...

samsungchamppink.jpgsamsungchampwhite.jpg

Links - http://ph.samsungmob...fication#expand

http://www.samsung.c...type=prd_detail

Price - Rs. 3600/- only (MRP Rs. 4500/=); In fact the bill was 7145/- for the 2 pieces from my distributor friend.

Whats included - 1 GB Micro SDCard with SD Card adapter (compatible upto 8GB), Beautiful Leather Case, 3.5mm high quality Headset with mic, Micro USB Charger

Observations-

- Standard Micro USB Cable works with PC (not included) and it downloads drivers itself (on Windows 7); gets detected as Mass Storage Device and also modem and charges and transfers files in a jiffy via PC

- Quality of Build and Finish is top notch (as good as my EPIC/Galaxy-S - and I am not joking)

- Screen (though resistive TFT) is superb for its price, and though a Stylus is included (in same colour as handset), its rarely needed and finger scrolling works great

- Loudspeakers are stereo and quite loud; Sound quality better than Sony...

- Camera (though marked VGA on box and 1.3MP on website) is quite good and very sharp

- Call sound quality is very sharp

- Bluetooth file transfer from my Epic was a breeze

- Contacts/SMS/Calendar can be backed up to the sd card as vcf file (for contacts)

- Facebook got connected easily and Net browsing was also OK; Opera and all Java apps can be downloaded

- The 4 homescreens can be increased upto 7 (aka our android phones)

- Very good inbuilt apps like Facebook, Google (Mail+Search), Fake Call, Emergency SMS function, Mobile Tracker, 6-7 Games etc. Same touch wiz icons like our Epic/Galaxy-S,

- 1000 maH battery

Verdict - For the price, its a great value for money and feature rich phone...Excellent Ladies Phone... Pink is best colour...

Edited by dkaile

Verdict - For the price, its a great value for money and feature rich phone...Excellent Ladies Phone... Pink is best colour...

No Doubt...Great Value....But Kids ko Android Nahi Diya.. :nono: Dad is having all the fun.... :P

@ Rajan he is Brand king for Samsung too, and sure will upgrade to android soon

BTW i am gifting my princess an andro....DK ji - i can see you smiling

@rajan - the os of these samsung's is based on linux and is the precursor of android... and we still dont have a 3.5K android yet with this fit and finish... so on a price of 1 android I hv got 2...lolz...

Recently, bought HTC DESIRE HD for my brother @ Rs. 26,600/- with bill and warranty (MRP Rs. 28000/-) from my vendor @ Borivali (W), Mumbai. Its nice android phone with large 4.3 inch screen.

Link: http://www.htc.com/in/product/desirehd/specification.html

Edited by amit.shah

After 15 Years of Dedicated, Continuous Service, Finally My HP Deskjet 400 Inkjet Printer Developed A Little Snag For The First Time... Truly Amazing Build Quality in Those days...

HP+Deskjet+400.jpeg

This was used by the Home Minister for Her Small Printing Needs All This Years...

Though it can be repaired...But Now She is tired of seeing the same damn thing for so many years...

So a 3 in 1 Multifunction Inkjet Print+Scan+Copy Was demanded...Quite Forcefully and threateningly i must say... :bash:

Her Requirements,

-Very Small Printing Volume. Not more than 200 Pages a Month.

-Mostly B&W Printing, Rare Color Printing.

-Needs Scanner.

-Copier, Not much needed, but OK if its there.

My Requirements,

-Obviously, Most Economical and Best Bang For The Buck..

One HP Model 1050 was considered..But This wins.

Epson Stylusâ„¢ TX121 Link http://www.epson.co....on_Stylus_TX121

TX121-%28550-x-310%29.png

Damage Rs 3,350

Why..

-Superfast DRAFT print speed of 28 Pages Per Minute

-4 Separate Ink Tank, Replace only which is empty

-Cheapest Original Ink Cartridge Prices, Rs 249, Approx 170 Page Yield..More in Draft Mode

-Epson Durabrite Smudge & Water Resistant Ink..It actually works..Tried rubbing my wet hand on a Printout..No Problem

-Good Max Print Resolution For Photos 5760x1440 dpi

-Nice Print and Scan Quality.

-Good Build Quality.

-USB Cable Included.

-Both Paper Feed and Output Trays Can be closed completely when not in use, Closes Open Area Completely...Less Dust accumulation.

Don't Like

-Somewhat noisy when Fast Print Option selected..But It can be Turned Off..

:previous:

Rajan Bhai,

1) Where did you buy it? Online or from the market.

2) Does it take refilled cartridge? I know you said original cartridge is relatively cheap. Still would like to know.

Bought it from the Nearest Mall..So cost is more..In Computer Market You can get it for less...

You can't refill the original cartridge (Chip Locked)..

But plenty of solutions like Refilable Cartridges, Compatible Catridges are available.

Run this Link in browser http://computers.sho...d=p3286.c0.m282

Thanks for the info.

Just one more question. Is the scanner independent of printer i.e. Will the scanner still work if say printer part has some issue?

Generally a mechanical fault in Printing may not affect Scanning Function but difficult to Say Conclusively...

Congrats Rajan Brother for your new printer. :)

Although Epson Printers gives quality prints but they have in-built print head inside the printer. So ask your home minister to use this printer also for colour prints occasionally. Otherwise not only the Colour Cartridges would dry up but also the print head could get clogged. And once the print head got clogged, replacing it will cost you as good as a new printer.

The only reason I avoid Epson is becuase of its in-built Print Head. I always prefer HP, because in HP the print head is built on ink cartridge itself. If any problem occurs, just throw away the cartridge and install a new one, and you are ready with as good as a new printer. :)

Ab meri yeh post babhie ko mat padhwaa dena kahin pe. Nahi toh DANDEY padna :bash: nishchit hai Rajan Babu. :)

Kaho toh apna yeh post hide kar doon. :winko:

Thanks Kamalbhai for the info... :)

Yes i am aware of the Epson Print Head inside the printer but there is a reason for that...

Epson is the only company which uses Micro Piezo Technology for printing in almost all models from cheapest to costliest..

Print Heads in this technology cost more, So it has to be inside the printer otherwise cartridge cost goes up higher.

Micro Piezo is superior to conventional thermal inkjet printing system used by HP and others.

Technical Theory apart, i have used many HP and EPSON inkjets extensively over the years and noticed that most of the times EPSON beat HP easily in Print Quality of Text and Photos across models.

Micro Piezo Details Link http://www.epson.co....icro_piezo.page

Yes the risk of clogging due to non use is there but will follow your advice for printing regularly..

Yes Rajan Brother, I agree about Micro Piezo Technology being used by Epson in its every printer model. :)

Even I too used Epson C-63 once. But it given me a lot of trouble as ORIGINAL EPSON cartridges being dried up even if I give a 7 days break for printing. :(

Anyways, I want to add one more thing dear Rajan.

Do not use Draft Mode more, as this will further reduce the lifespan of the print head. For printer head longivity, use it on normal speeds. :)

Bought HONDA Twister (Red) for my employee -

On Road cost me 51,500/- including Free insurance, rto and accessories like leg guard, saree guard and number plates;

Why - 110cc, 70kmpl, declared "Bike of the Year" by both Autocar and Overdrive, gives the "joy" of riding in entry level;

Weblink - http://www.honda2whe...ster/index.html

honda-cb-twister-pearl-siena-red.jpg

Next on my hitlist -

1. HONDA CBR250R for myself; 1.5L ex-shworoom India, launching April 2011, bookings open - http://world.honda.com/CBR250R/

http://powersports.honda.com/2011/cbr250r.aspx

hondacbr250r.jpg

2. Maruti Alto or Tata Nano for employee

Edited by dkaile

Honda CBR250R = wOOt woot! :Sorprendido:

Btw, if bikes qualify to be listed here then I had brought a Honda Unicorn on December for 72K :)

Friends and DK ji finally bought Samsung Galaxy Tab after much thinking....

there was a tough battle between ipad and tab but this won because:

1- expandable memory

2- camera

3- phone app

4- 3g with wifi

5- more portable

i am liking android....

cost - 28000/-

1000000304.jpg

EDIT: guys need some real good mail client to work with 4-5 mail accounts - any suggestions.

Edited by Genius

^^^K-9 Mail.. works well on normal android phones.. should work well with the tab as well...

purchased yesterday acer emachine em350 netbook, for my brother, which was posted by kamal sir in "irresistible deals" topic, now here is aal info about that:

first I make a list of dealers from the info available on acer india website. vcl infotech is the name of acer's outlet @nehru place, janak puri and tilak nagar.

went to vcl infotech nehru place, the guy quote a price of 13650 including taxes, I ask for 12999 but he told that it is excluding tax price. now I tried some other shops but very less were having the same model, and even some having, were quoting a price 15-16k for the same, and even they were not aware of mts offer.

so I went back to the vcl infotech and purchased the beauty.

now somewhere i read that it is also having 3G sim slot, but this is not correct.

mts offer is also having some locha, we need to register @ acer website and enter our detail after that mts people will contact us, and ultimately will make us their postpaid customer (will provide the device Mblaze free of cost), then after that they will send that money back of 2000 in the form of cheque or neft. acer guy told me that this process will take 2- months.

now about the netbook:

very good performance for a netbook. I have previously used sony netbook but this one much faster than that. but it is very delicate need to use with full care.

battery backup is about 2.5 hour.

i will say it is a steal @ 13650.

Bought New printer Canon laserjet 2900b Rs.5500/-

@ Genius...Tumhare pas kitne Tab aur Mobiles hai uske upar nazar rakhni padegi...Income Tax valo ko bolna padega winko.gif

@ Rajan

CID Sahab - last time jab mehaman aye the tab laptop par film dhekh kar khub khush hue......

app kafi ho najar rakhane ke liye gin ke batna....LOL

bought Moserbaer MBI 444MU 5.1 CH DVD Player with USB + MMC for rs 1695 from tradus

had got 500 republic offer coupon . so clubbed this with pendrive and used coupon . pendrive became free with this

http://www.tradus.in//moserbaer-mbi-444mu-51-ch-dvd-player-usb-mmc

purchased yesterday acer emachine em350 netbook, for my brother, which was posted by kamal sir in "irresistible deals" topic, now here is aal info about that:

first I make a list of dealers from the info available on acer india website. vcl infotech is the name of acer's outlet @nehru place, janak puri and tilak nagar.

went to vcl infotech nehru place, the guy quote a price of 13650 including taxes, I ask for 12999 but he told that it is excluding tax price. now I tried some other shops but very less were having the same model, and even some having, were quoting a price 15-16k for the same, and even they were not aware of mts offer.

so I went back to the vcl infotech and purchased the beauty.

now somewhere i read that it is also having 3G sim slot, but this is not correct.

mts offer is also having some locha, we need to register @ acer website and enter our detail after that mts people will contact us, and ultimately will make us their postpaid customer (will provide the device Mblaze free of cost), then after that they will send that money back of 2000 in the form of cheque or neft. acer guy told me that this process will take 2- months.

now about the netbook:

very good performance for a netbook. I have previously used sony netbook but this one much faster than that. but it is very delicate need to use with full care.

battery backup is about 2.5 hour.

i will say it is a steal @ 13650.

Can you please indicate the OS and the softwares that came with it?

Some sites say it comes with Windows, some say it comes with Linux and some others say it comes with DOS

this one is having windows 7 starter.