Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Your Latest Hardware Purchase

Bought 2 new items :

Philips noreleco shaver

Monster livestrong headphones

Bought both from USA.

Sent from my HTC One

Third Lenovo Phone for family & relatives in one month.

First P780 Rs.16750/-

Second S920 Rs.18200/-

Now Third A690 - Rs.5969/-

The build quality and interface are surprisingly good. Far better than shimmery, glossy, plasticky samsung phones.

Only the P780 was metal body parts. Next two were polycarbonate. S920 is ultra slim at 7.9mm and 5.3" HD screen.

The cheapest yet very pretty A690 is 4" display with 800x480 pixels but if you check the body and back panel texture you would be in awe. Why cant some companies learn and give you some unique beautiful design for the sufficient prices they charge.

My strong suggestion , next time you are on the look for a new phone. first compare the same specs with Lenovo. You will be surprised with what you find.

First P780 Rs.16750/-

Second S920 Rs.18200/-

The build quality and interface are surprisingly good. Far better than shimmery, glossy, plasticky samsung phones.

Only the P780 was metal body parts. Next two were polycarbonate. S920 is ultra slim at 7.9mm and 5.3" HD screen.

The cheapest yet very pretty A690 is 4" display with 800x480 pixels but if you check the body and back panel texture you would be in awe. Why cant some companies learn and give you some unique beautiful design for the sufficient prices they charge.

My strong suggestion , next time you are on the look for a new phone. first compare the same specs with Lenovo. You will be surprised with what you find.

Hi,

quick question : where do you buy the phones from : ebay??

also any feedback on the p780 ? overall usage, battery, pros and cons??

Congrats Dhiraj Sir, and nice review on TBP.

• Like 1

Do post a detailed review here or on TBP for us mortals who can only dream of Harleys.

The detailed initial review is now online at TeamBhp - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/141465-harley-davidson-superlow-xl883l-comprehensive-review.html

Great Sir ji whats a review, car to nahi sahi yeh to de do??

First P780 Rs.16750/-

Second S920 Rs.18200/-

Yes i agree Lenovo have a great phones

I too got S820 for 18k locally thats because it has better cam and screen ppi than 920

BTW the prices you got are awesome, paste link of ebay

Lenovo S920

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Lenovo-Mobile-S920-White-/171124406912?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item27d7cf3a80#ht_2401wt_906

Lenovo P780

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Lenovo-P780-Mobile-Phone-DOW-/200962274010?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2eca48f2da#ht_2983wt_1065

Lenovo A690

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-a690/1382325

P780 feels high quality build with metal back and unique color and gradients. the screen is very sharp and bright. more than few HTC phones i compared. the camera is very much acceptable quality. only con - a bit thick and weighs more than average given to its 4000 mah battery.

very zippy performance. highly customizable themes and graphics. they have their own effects built in to choose. you can go for it without thinking twice. more than satisfied. comes with noise isolation ear plugs headset. which sounds very neat.

At last I was able to keep 3rd iPhone 5s for me. it is gray 16gb UK model. It's model No.A1457

• Like 1

Congrats :-)

Looking forward to hear from you a detailed review soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Was meaning to buy a good led,

Had gone to a local mega electronic store to check out the Toshiba pu200 but ended up buying this : ;-)

post-75231-138159780404_thumb.jpg

post-75231-138159790762_thumb.jpg

LG 32LN5150, IT ISNT FULL HD BUT it has the IPs display.

Damages : 26300 plus 1675 extra paid to bajaj for extended warranty ie insurance for 2 years, so total warranty from LG up to 3 years, full consolidated.

Will be installed tomorrow.

I hope I took the right decision

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1

Was looking for Camera for point ans shoot with following points:

• Easy not much adjustment needed
  • CCD sensor preferred (actually i was looking for CMOS by mistake i wrote CCD)
  • Wifi / BT / GPS - optional not required
  • use only for stills
  • handy to carry
  • not much zoom required
  • good optics preferred (should have real optics)

Zerowed down on this

Digital IXUS 510 HS

ixus510hs-b1.png

canon-ixus-510-hs-test.jpg

Specs:

http://www.canon.co.in/personal/products/compact-cameras/ixus/digital-ixus-510hs

I covered everything i was looking for i got it for Rs 8600/- with 16GB class 10 card

Loved the results

Edited by Genius
  • Like 1

Bought Gionee L800 DualSIM Featurephone for Rs 1,856 for a relative.

Reason for buying:

Was looking for an economical, sturdy featurephone with good battery life at lowest possible cost. Gionee L800 was the best i could find.

Why?

• humongous 3000 mAh battery. Largest i have seen in a featurephone at this cost.

• GSM Dual SIM, 2.6 Inch QVGA Display, MicroSD Card Slot (Upto 16GB)

• GPRS/Edge, Bluetooth, 1.3MP Camera, Opera Mini, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo Messenger

• FM Radio, Torchlight

• 1000 Phonebook entries, 500 SMS.

Initial Impression:

• Was skeptical that the battery will be real 3000 mAh capacity but the phone came with battery half charged & was put on without charging further. In 10 days, battery bar did not reduce at all though the usage was not high. I want to believe that battery life will be exceptional. Gionee claims 1 month standby time!

• Keys are large with good tactile feel.

• Voice call quality is great.

• Speaker is loud enough.

• GPRS/Edge worked good.

• Interface is nice with 4 way scroll pad button.

• Camera is terrible.

• LED Torchlight at the top (Usually where the headphone jack is located) is powerful & serves the purpose.

Verdict:

Could be your best bet if you're looking for a Dual SIM featurephone below Rs 2,000 with great battery life, large screen and all other features.

33cbtoh.jpg
  • Like 6

Rajan ji can it sync contacts with Gmail :huh: looking for a low budget phone like this.

Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD

^ ^ ^

Don't have the phone with me right now but i don't think it can sync contacts with gmail.

bought hp pavilion 15 -N004TX for a friend

i5 4th gen

4 gb ram

ubuntu

1gb 8760M dedicated graphic card

cost - 38k for the laptop + 3k for the extended warranty

it seemed the best at that price point because of the slim profile , hd webcam , good audio output , 4th generation processor ,intel claims 4th gen processors boost battery life by upto 3 hours* (with a star :P)

Bought Gionee L800 DualSIM Featurephone for Rs 1,856 for a relative.
Reason for buying:
Was looking for an economical, sturdy featurephone with good battery life at lowest possible cost. Gionee L800 was the best i could find.
Why?
  • humongous 3000 mAh battery. Largest i have seen in a featurephone at this cost.
  • GSM Dual SIM, 2.6 Inch QVGA Display, MicroSD Card Slot (Upto 16GB)
  • GPRS/Edge, Bluetooth, 1.3MP Camera, Opera Mini, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo Messenger
  • FM Radio, Torchlight
  • 1000 Phonebook entries, 500 SMS.
Initial Impression:
  • Was skeptical that the battery will be real 3000 mAh capacity but the phone came with battery half charged & was put on without charging further. In 10 days, battery bar did not reduce at all though the usage was not high. I want to believe that battery life will be exceptional. Gionee claims 1 month standby time!
  • Keys are large with good tactile feel.
  • Voice call quality is great.
  • Speaker is loud enough.
  • GPRS/Edge worked good.
  • Interface is nice with 4 way scroll pad button.
  • Camera is terrible.
  • LED Torchlight at the top (Usually where the headphone jack is located) is powerful & serves the purpose.
Verdict:
Could be your best bet if you're looking for a Dual SIM featurephone below Rs 2,000 with great battery life, large screen and all other features.
33cbtoh.jpg

Rajanbhai any GSM+CDMA phone in this league?

And what about the SAR?

Edited by drabhayshah76
  • Like 1

Rajan ji can it sync contacts with Gmail :huh: looking for a low budget phone like this.

Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD

I did with one phone which did not support sync with gmail. if it support sd card then there is turn around. you have to create csv files for each contract with help of windows address book. (windows xp) copy to the SD card and then you can. Long ago I done with virgin phone.

• Like 3

In fact you can create bulk csv and upload it (using Gmail import contact option) at the beginning , but later on when adding new contacts this process has to be repeated per contact.

• Like 1

Nikon D3100 14.2MP DSLR Camera with AF-S 18-55mm VR Kit (Black) with 4GB Card, Camera Bag

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00403MGLO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

41EaDshD-sL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

M.R.P.: 27,950.00
Price: 25,155.00
Sale: 20,946.00 fba-badge_18px._V384100965_.pngFREE Delivery. Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Details
You Save: 7,004.00 (25%) Inclusive of all taxes
Edited by digitalnirvana

Bought 5000mah Solar Mobile Charger from eBay...

Works great.. it charges any mobile within an hour... exceptionally well...

The only problem I found is that don't expect any Motorola phone to accept it.. :P

I'm screwed because only my bionic is not ready to accept it... now it serves the the rest of the people around me...

sent from Motorola DROID BIONIC HD on Reliance Wireless

^^^^^

Sir Ji... Link for that solar charger please...

^^^^^

Sir Ji... Link for that solar charger please...

Here you go...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251357906837

Mobile: 095862 84842

:D

• Like 1

The only problem I found is that don't expect any Motorola phone to accept it.. :P

I'm screwed because only my bionic is not ready to accept it... now it serves the the rest of the people around me...

I purchased this higher end model of 10000mAh, and I have no problem for accepting motorola Razr M. It works for ipad4, Ipad2, iPhone 4s and 5s also. Damages are 25$ including shipping charges (it took 20 days to reach me as it is airmail with tracking No.)

http://www.tomtop.com/10000mah-external-solar-charger-mobile-power-universal-for-iphone-ipad-samsung-nokiasmartphones-portable-pa1546.html

It seems that, output current is 500mA to 800mA in 5000mAha and where as it is 2.1 Amps in 10000mAH. That might be reason, Motorala do not accept. I advice you to dispose it and purchase the unit like me.

• Like 1

How much time the charger has to be kept in sun to charge itself. also did it worked in a cloudy day and does it has any electric charging point to charge it on rainy day

sunny_girl_microfit.jpg

Its works as soon as you go outdoor... even no direct sunlight starts led ...

Bought F&D Bluetooth Speaker 2.1 - Model W330BT from Flipkart for Rs 2396

Exlnt performance ..!!

post-8893-0-00340100-1382957277_thumb.jp