Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Your Latest Hardware Purchase

Got Boost Moto G for 80$. Updated to kitkat 4.4.2, programmed, MEID registration and rooted for tethering with the help Hitesh Ji. Awaiting for HCC to transfer MDN

How did you get it in 80$?

Directly from usa through someone carry in.

sent from my Moto G - Reliance

Got Boost Moto G for 80$. Updated to kitkat 4.4.2, programmed, MEID registration and rooted for tethering with the help Hitesh Ji. Awaiting for HCC to transfer MDN

How did you get it in 80$?

Directly from usa through someone carry in.

90% my stuff from USA, UK and Australia will be brought here by my clients are there kin and kith. Normally while purchasing online, I used to ship it to the person in that country. So no shipping charges. Some times there will be customs duty in the airport some time free.

Can someone confirm if $89.99 Moto G accepts PPObox address?

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Can someone confirm if $89.90 Moto G accepts ppobox address?

Why go that route, you can always directly order from Global ebay seller and get it at home. The old listing is over and a new one has been created.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/GEB-141184309081-Motorola-Moto-G-Android-Smartphone-03-23-21-40-/171289611499?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item27e1a80ceb&_uhb=1

GEB honours this one? I have heard their history of canceling a lot of orders.

Solutions are also posted. Please follow Hitesh ji's reply here:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/27460-irresistable-deals-in-electronics-gadgets-mobiles-pc-hardware/page-413#entry308133

Triggered from SCH-r530u using Tapatalk

• Like 2

GEB honours this one? I have heard their history of canceling a lot of orders.

After purchasing send an email to seller that, You know that, Moto G is not compatable for indian network and you are not going complain about this. ask them to process the purchase as you are going use the phone with wifi only. Then there will not be any cancellation. This is the standard pro forma for every CDMA phone going to purchase on GEB.

DAC only needed if you plan to play digitally instead of CD or DVD or BR

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was trying to understand if android phones can have digital sound out using HDMI and then connect it to a DAC?

Any clues if this looks workable? If this can be worked, I can save some money in shot term on sonos then!

Thanks.

Android phones with JB onwards directly support USB DAC via OTG cable connected to the micro USB port. No need of HDMI cable.

If you already have a USB DAC with you, just get an OTG cable & try connecting the DAC to your phone. It should work. Else, try with "USB Audio Player Pro" from Google Play store (first try the trial version to check).

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply!

The OTG will give a pure line digital out right?

Edited by theking

Geb can't compete with prices you can fetch if getting stuff through somebody coming from USA.

I use the same module mostly.

^^^

Sir Ji , every one is not lucky as you. Mango people like us have to pay shipping and custom duty.

Sent by Moto G on Reliance CDMA

• Like 3

Bought this Asus laptop...

http://asuslaptopindia.in/index_files/AsusS200ECT3314H.htm

Asus VivoBook S200E-CT331H

Processor

Intel® Pentium Dual Core 3rd Gen 2117U (1.8G, 2M)Processor

Operating System

Windows 8

Chipset

Intel® HM70 Express Chipset

Memory

DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, OnBoard Memory 4 GB

Storage

2.5" SATA
500GB 5400

Graphic

Integrated Intel® HD Graphics

Camera

0.3 Mega Pixel Fixed web camera

Optical Device

NO DVD ,

Interface

Audio

1 x COMBO audio jack
1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
1 x USB 3.0 port (s)
2 x USB 2.0 port (s)
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
Built-in Speakers And Microphone

Battery

2Cells 5136 mAh 38 Whrs Polymer Battery

Networking

Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
Built-in Bluetoothâ„¢ V4.0 (Optional)
10/100/1000 Base T

Note

Model Name: S200E-CT331H
Warranty: 1 Year Global

30.3 x 20.0 x 2.09 cm (WxDxH)

1.40 kg (with 2 cell battery)

Price: Rs. 28,200/- from a dealer at Nehru Place

Edited by abhi.r
  • Like 1

Hope this purchase qualifies for this post..

Hyundai - Xcent - VTVT SX(O) - Petrol - MT - Passion Red

post-5509-0-78624400-1398141304_thumb.jp

7.28L OTR.

12th April 2014. First piece to touch ugly roads of my city Baroda.

Had booked Verna in Dec 2013. Deal got cancelled, as my required colour was not available & Hyundai had discontinued the same. Purple.

However, there was a confusion between i20 & Verna. Since me & my wife uses car equally, so a long car would have been difficult for her. Hence, I was about to compromise for i20. However, I do plan to switch to CNG once warranty period is over & having such modification in i20 would have been difficult due to limited boot space. Hyundai, came to know about my problem & immediately launched Xcent. :)

This model was launched in Auto Expo 2014 in Feb. Hyundai officially started taking bookings after 12th March 2014. Was available on display in Baroda on 22nd March 2014.

Booked on 4th April & got delivery on 12th April 2014. Dealer Shivalik Hyundai - A'bad was great help in this deal. By luck, or coincidence, they gave me my required color in shortest possible time. Sales team manager was amazing man. While booking verna 4 months back, he was simply helping me to make a right choice & not just sell his inventory. Normally dealers, give you good discounts / offers on existing inventory, but if they have to book an order with Hyundai, similar offers are not applicable many times, as new lot comes with new price etc. (minor variation). He made my purchase experience highly memorable, by managing ultra fast delivery. He has handled a customer, exactly the way a customer like to be treated. Like a King. He was flexible in everything I asked like payment terms, payment method, color, delivery date etc etc. Not a single time he said no for anything. Except more discount !!. He smiled & replied, if you come after 1 year, we can discuss discount etc for this model, but not now, while taking first bookings.

Brief Review - Simply Brilliant. Expect anything & it is there. May be less in bhp front, but my main requirement was city driving & I am not a great automobile enthusiastic, so many of the terms like rpm, bhp, pick up things rarely matters to me. Earlier I was having Alto, & I never had any complaints of that. Before buying this, I had checked dezire, etios, amaze, duster, verna, superb, i20. However, in this segment (4m-sedan), this is the best package in terms of value for money. Hyundai has managed to provide quality of interior like a proper high budget Sedan. And price levels are very attractive for this model. We can't compare absolutely, since many features are simply not available in other similar budget models from other companies, like folding ORVM, reverse parking camera, boot space, rear AC vent, large number of water bottle storage etc. Smart Key feature is amazing. Now, many reviews / information is available on line so it will not serve purpose, if I write too much here. Go Google.

• Like 7

Got PS4 from Dubai with 2 gaming pads/controllers, Fifa 14, Call of Duty and one free - Kill zone.

Got myself a Dell Inspiron 11-3137 Netbook recently - http://www.dell.com/in/p/inspiron-11-3137/pd . US Site - http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-11-3138/pd .

dell-inspiron-11-3000-4.jpg

It has the latest 4th generation Intel Celeron Processor 2955U (2M Cache, 1.4 GHz), 500GB HDD and 2GB DDR3 RAM. It has a 11.6" Touchscreen. 3 USB Ports (1 is USB 3.0), HDMI, Wifi N, Bluetooth 4.0, Card Reader and RJ45 Gigabit LAN portand OE Windows 8. It also has Waves Max Audio pro which sounds quite nice. The screen brightness is good but lesser than non-touch screens due to the additional glass and digitizer layers but comparable to all the touchscreen laptops floating around. Build quality is fantastic. Total rubberised feel. Top quality hinges and buttons. Spill-proof keyboard.

A nice technical review - http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2355208

MRP 32.5K, retailing about 29~30K at Flipkart/Amazon/Ebay. Picked it up for 29.2K from a local store with breakage warranty included.

Only thing I found was that RAM was low. So upgraded to 4GB Adata RAM. Paid 1.5K more in lieu of the older RAM as there is only 1 DOSIMM (RAM) slot. This takes in a DDR3 Low Voltage RAM i.e. of 1.35V instead of the normal 1.5V. All this low voltage architecture translates into fantastic battery life of about 6~7 hours which is quite commendable. This thing can supposedly support upto 8GB RAM and can turn into a rocket if that is combined with a 512GB SSD drive which many people have done and then started comparing it with a Macbook Air. With the SSD the boot time comes down to approx 9~11 seconds.

Overall seems as a nice portable everyday lappy/netbook, powerful enough to run Photoshop/Autocad (now tried and tested) etc.

PS - Updated to Windows 8.1 OTA foc.

Edited by dkaile

Also picked up a 35mm Prime lens, Nikkor 35mm f1.8G for my Nikon D 5200. Shot by my 40mm Nikkor F2.8 Micro (Macro) Lens -

1241974d1400485770-dslr-thread-nikon-35m

1241975d1400485770-dslr-thread-nikon-35m

1241976d1400485770-dslr-thread-nikon-35m

MRP 16,000/=. Picked it at about 8K on special promotion scheme going on for this lens on all major sites. I got it from ebay.

• Like 1

finally its time to say "adieu" to my 3 year old faithful samsung w139. bought htc desire 816 locally @ Rs. 22,200.00 including flip cover (molife branded)

official link > http://www.htc.com/in/smartphones/htc-desire-816/

IMG_20140624_232549_223-1.jpg

Edited by aalok
  • Like 5

Bought HTC car stereo clip from eBay USA

Superb audio quality. Instant pairing and great battery life

re2ydubu.jpg

• Like 2

^^^ Baba jee Congrats on ur purchase - how much did it cost including shipping ?

re2ydubu.jpg

re2ydubu.jpg

What is this used for?

Google is your best friend.

Wireless audio streaming from phone tablet laptop etc.

^^^ Baba jee Congrats on ur purchase - how much did it cost including shipping ?

got it delivered in usa at a traveling friends address.

total cost Rs.2130/-

Ordered

Canon EOS-M with 18-55 mm Lens & Speedlite-90x Flash + 4GB SD Card + Bag Rs. 19247 – FlipKart

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

re5e9aqe.jpg

IPad air 16gb Wi-Fi and cellular from amazon India for 36,750/-

• Like 1

Bought a Fujifilm Finepix X20 camera.

Phenomenal image quality. Sturdy build & excellent manual control options.

post-67234-0-02184000-1404922525_thumb.j

It has a max aperture of 2.8 running all the way upto 112mm zoom. Gives great flexibility in many shooting options especially in low light.

post-67234-0-94673400-1404922394_thumb.j

Got a good deal so went for it. So far highly impressed :)

Edited by man-saturday
  • Like 2