Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ananth001

Cannot Dialup Through USB on HTC Incredible

Hi all

Recently I rooted and flashed 2.2 froyo leaked Rom. After this whenever I plugin thru usb port it automatically prompts to install the Verizon driver and am not able to dialup

Did you try this -

Tethering on Incredible (Internet Sharing/Using phone as modem) -

As you all know that these bloody buggers at Verizon/HTC have not included the modem driver in the HTC Sync application for reasons best known to them, we have extracted the drivers from the Verizon Access manager application for your benefit -

Step 1: Reprogramming your phone

• from your phone, dial ##pst (##778) - Press Call
  • click "edit mode"
  • enter security code 000000
  • scroll down to M.IP Settings
  • change MIP Mode to Simple IP only
  • hit back
  • scroll down to Security
  • change the "HDR AN AUTH User Id (LONG) to "sam1/any other proper reliance username"
  • change the "HDR AN AUTH Password (LONG) to "password/any other proper reliance password"
  • change the "PPP User Id to "sam1/any other proper reliance username"
  • change the "PPP Password to "password/any other proper reliance password"
  • change the "S.IP DUN Username to "password/any other proper reliance password"
  • hit back
  • press menu, choose "Commit Modifications."
  • The phone will power cycle.

Step 2 - Computer Setup
  • Download Drivers: http://rapidshare.co...r_v2.12.0.0.exe - (WModem_Driver_Installer_v2.12.0.0) - (Extracted from VZAM Setup)
  • run Setup WModem_Driver_Installer_v2.12.0.0.exe
  • Next, plug your phone in to the computer. Let windows take care of the driver installation.
  • Per your version of windows, you'll need to set up a manual dial-up networking connection. Settings you'll need:

Phone Number: #777 Username: "<your phone number> or any other proper reliance username" Password: "matching proper reliance password"

yes, I have tried this with success, even after ROM upgrade, was able to dialup via cable, but suddenly system refuses to recognize modem - whenever phone is plugged in via cable autorun from the handset storage runs asking whether to install verizon drivers (even after setting default mode in handset as 'mobile broadband connect' , phone connect defaults to Disk Drive mode and opens as drive). Now even after installing the downloaded USB driver for 'boot loader interface' - system automatically initialises to the ADB driver interface.

(am able to wifi tether my laptop succesfully)

thanks and regards

ananth