Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
prashantsolanki

Internet Usage Calculation

Try using some software which displays data usage.

I think its not good on part of Reliance Infocom, they sld have a software installed to show how much data transfer have been made as they are offering the limit of 1 GB data transfer.

Regards

Prashant Solanki

try bandwidth monitor!!

I use an application call RAS stat - it is always running my tray and autostarts with the computer

Amit

My Blog on Desktop Search, India

22581[/snapback]

Interesting!

Can u provide us a link to dl that app?

I use an application call RAS stat - it is always running my tray and autostarts with the computer

Amit

22581[/snapback]

Interesting!

22606[/snapback]

Yes, I think I should have provided that earlier.

RAS Graph & Stats is a network/dialup monitor and stats tool. It provides real time graph of traffic. Detailed stats provide daily/weekly/monthly/yearly stats/user defined range. Stop watch. etc..

This app which makes it so easy to monitor bandwidth, basically picks up where the old NetStat left off by providing stats for network card (cable/dsl/etc)

RAS G&S is freeware and now Win9x/Win2k/XP compatible. It is definitely the best bandwidth monitor out there in the Free category.

Download here

Amit

My Related Entry

Now that Reliance Broadband has a 10 GB limit, we really need a good software, coz they are not telling us how much the charges/MB will be once the initial bandwidth limit is used up.

has nyone used freedom plan of rconnect and has received the bill? what was the usage in whole month of total hours.they are not providing any meter ato measure.even if we count on ourside its of no use.we will use 0.90gb they may say 2.3gb.no proof.what to do?

Amit

22581[/snapback]

Interesting!

22606[/snapback]

but will reliance accept the information we will generate with RAS-stat

in case of dispute?

but will reliance accept the information we will generate with RAS-stat

in case of dispute?

22915[/snapback]

Now thats what I call a very good example of wishful thinking! :confuse:

we need to search user who have used freedom plan for a month and received the bill. so that we can really decide on it.if anyone there please post your reply here.that will help a lot to many

I wouldnt take that as a very good indication - it may go ok for some people and not so for others! Unbilled usage details are absolutely necessary. :confuse:

Amongst the apps (for measuring throughput) I'v used and heard of, OnlineEye Pro is perhaps the best. Next perhaps would be DU Meter. Both these apps. can be made to alert you whenever your data or time usage exceeds the specified amount. But both are shareware ...which dosent necessarily have to be a huge problem... :P

I think go for Platinum plan (Rs1500) because there is no data limitation in that plan, and very good if you download more.

hi guys ,

there are many freewares & shareware available on net which you can use for monitoring net usage . i have tried some of them ,hope you all will find this inforation usefull .

comm trafic excellent - software but it is shareware and work for only 1 month without buying it.

http://www.tamos.com/products/commtraffic/

commtraffic

net activity diagram (shareware ) this software is awesome . you can see stats as a graph for hour ,day ,week,month,year ,or for custom period . this software has a trial period of 1 months but i think it might work after one month trial period is over .

metaproducts

download NAD

alternatively you can use older verson which is free to use .tamos is not providing download of older verson but it available on some other download sites. (i recomend using latest verson of NAD but if it stops functioning after expiry of trial period you may use older verson though it dosenot have all features present in latest verson but have adequate features .

version 2.1

i also tried using netmeter 0.9.9.9 beta version but this software is in beta stage and very unreliable the previous day traffic data always gets deleated autoatically

i also tried using netmeter 0.9.9.9 beta version but this software is in beta stage and very unreliable the previous day traffic data always  gets deleated autoatically

23363[/snapback]

I am using netmeter for over a month now it works like a dream.

i also tried using netmeter 0.9.9.9 beta version but this software is in beta stage and very unreliable the previous day traffic data always  gets deleated autoatically

23363[/snapback]

I am using netmeter for over a month now it works like a dream.

23479[/snapback]

i m using win xp and run three net usage monitoring software simultaniously " commtraffic , NAD , netmeter 0.9.9.9 beta . "

the stats provided by commtraffic and NAD is always same and it's dot same as mentioned in my latest rim bill . netmeter's calculation was not correct.

which verson netmeter you use and on which windows verson.

i used 1021 MB and have been charged for 21 MB ,customer service people say 1GB is 1000 MB .

what's your view 1GB equals 1024MB or 1000MB

i used 1021 MB and have been charged for 21 MB ,customer service people say 1GB is 1000 MB .

what's your view 1GB equals 1024MB or 1000MB

23729[/snapback]

maybe Reliance has taken a leaf from HDD manufacturer's books where 20GB is actually 20,000,000KB :angry:

Atleast you are lucky that Reliance is considering 1GB=1,000MB, had it been 1GB=1,000,000KB you would have had to pay a lot more :grin:

Though, most HDD manufacurers now mention this as a result of a few lawsuits they had to face in the western countries.

Edited by Puneet