Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Please suggest CDMA handset under Rs.6000

Hi All! Need a Good CDMA Phone possibly below Rs. 6000/-. The requirements are as follows,

-Should have full HTTP browsing and possibly with EVDO Speed

-QWERT Keypad or Full Keypad

-I am already having a reliance number and it should work on the phone with the above.

-If possible both GSM and CDMA though this is not strictly essential.

-Rest all normal things like Bluetooth, MMS, Audio Video Player, PC Connectivity for backup and other things etc.

Please all Gurus let me know if any of you have any such phone in the above range.

Thanks

Hi All! Need a Good CDMA Phone possibly below Rs. 6000/-. The requirements are as follows,

-I am already having a reliance number and it should work on the phone with the above.

-Rest all normal things like Bluetooth, MMS, Audio Video Player, PC Connectivity for backup and other things etc.

Please all Gurus let me know if any of you have any such phone in the above range.

Thanks

For EVDO you have only one choice left i.e. Samsung Metro TV its in range of 6000 to 6300 and also u can try 2nd hand samsung corby that u may get below 6000 :) Both the handset suit ur needs u mentioned.

Both these are Rev 0 Evdo handsets i.e. speed upto 2.4 mbps

Also one new LG 510 cookie handset price 8500/- recently droped to 7500/- with some sellers , this handset is Rev A evdo with speed upto 3.1 mbps

Also currently there is no dual sim cdma+gsm handset with evdo feature.

Also to run evdo u need to transfer your num ber to OMH sim which has got evdo settings in it . After that you also need to check with CC that ur evdo service has been provisioned or not if u face any prob using evdo :)

I hope all your Questions have been answered :)

• Like 2

the things you looking for is difficult to get i this price range

anyways i have a samsung corby , and i can sell it to you if u want

evdo activation is my responsibility and also some added surprise with it

mail me for details if u want

Thanks

For EVDO you have only one choice left i.e. Samsung Metro TV its in range of 6000 to 6300 and also u can try 2nd hand samsung corby that u may get below 6000 :) Both the handset suit ur needs u mentioned.

Also one new LG 510 cookie handset price 8500/- recently droped to 7500/- with some sellers , this handset is Rev A evdo with speed upto 3.1 mbps

Also to run evdo u need to transfer your num ber to OMH sim which has got evdo settings in it . After that you also need to check with CC that ur evdo service has been provisioned or not if u face any prob using evdo :)

Thank You Dear For a very clear response! Have few query regarding your suggestion.

-Read somewhere that Samsung Metro TV and Corby do not allow you to browse any website. You are stuck to browsing only the prebuilt websites. Is this correct? Or you can browse any website?

-Secondly both the Samsung phones are having their own proprietary OS. Does it support JAVA? Will i be able to install browsers like Opera MINI, BOLT etc on this Samsung Phones?

-I am already having a Reliance CDMA SIM. Don't know whether it is OMH SIM or not. Any way to know whether it is OMH SIM? Even if it is not, DO reliance provide OMH SIM and at what Cost?

Sorry to ask you so many questions but had so many bad experiences of CDMA since last 7 years and changing many handsets. So this time want to make sure that I get what I need.

the things you looking for is difficult to get i this price range

anyways i have a samsung corby , and i can sell it to you if u want

evdo activation is my responsibility and also some added surprise with it

mail me for details if u want

Thanks Dear. Please have a look at the questions i posted to vikasmahajanz post. The Corby you have is new or used. Pricing Please.

Thanks

Thank You Dear For a very clear response! Have few query regarding your suggestion.

-Read somewhere that Samsung Metro TV and Corby do not allow you to browse any website. You are stuck to browsing only the prebuilt websites. Is this correct? Or you can browse any website?

-Secondly both the Samsung phones are having their own proprietary OS. Does it support JAVA? Will i be able to install browsers like Opera MINI, BOLT etc on this Samsung Phones?

-I am already having a Reliance CDMA SIM. Don't know whether it is OMH SIM or not. Any way to know whether it is OMH SIM? Even if it is not, DO reliance provide OMH SIM and at what Cost?

Sorry to ask you so many questions but had so many bad experiences of CDMA since last 7 years and changing many handsets. So this time want to make sure that I get what I need.

Hello You can access any sites in samsung corby or metro..

For more details u can add me on gtalk @ vikasmahajanz

Yes they have their own browsers, samsung corby supports java and may also support bolt or opera mini.. Not sure abt Metro Tv

Ur sim 99.9% is not OMH becoz OMH are supplied with these new handsets ,no doubt available in open market ranging from 100 to 200. OMH can be checked by inserting into evdo handsets if evdo signals are there then it means its a OMH, basically there name OMH is only a name , main thing is these sims contain evdo data settings.

Also Dr. Mufaddal has old corby for sale :) he just had it for evdo purpose :) I suggest you to go for corby than samsung metro. You can buy from Dr. Mufaddal too :)

Edited by vikasmahajanz

Any way to know whether it is OMH SIM? Even if it is not, DO reliance provide OMH SIM and at what Cost?

All OMH sim have 'gem' logo in it (Plase see the image). Reliance provides OMH sim. Cost less than Rs 250/- including number transferring procedure.

post-60936-038101800 1281242336_thumb.gi

:previous: Right advice above by Vikas Ji..

Rajan Bhai, I too think it is better to buy (used) Corby from Dr.Muffy as he is promising the ev-do activation part.. It is very difficult to activate ev-do in web-worlds even now, as many CC guys and WW guys have very little idea about OMH cards and let alone activating EV-DO...

Thank you all! RIMWEB community really rocks! All kind souls ready to help as ever! Had almost finalised on Corby and then read reviews from actuals users with some serious usability issues. Have a look at the following links.

Absolute disappointment from Samsung

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA

Just for the looks otherwise average

As for the the Metro TV, Reliance site says it is not having netconnect! Secondly was not able to find any information from Samsung Website. They have not listed the phone there. So you can forget about any support later like PC Suite download etc.

Came up with another option while searching. Micromax Q5C. This seems to be a nice QWERT OMH handset with almost everything except EVDO which is not clearly mentioned in the Specs.

Micromax Q5C

Another option is the Blackberry 8830 listed today in buy sell which is higher for my budget but can consider it.

Will BB 8830 support subscribing to Reliance BB Plans. There are 3 plans one with just Pushmail and the best one having Unlimited Interenet. My question is can we subscribe to this plans for BB 8830 unlocked and listed here? How is the process?

Choice now between Micromax Q5C which is well within Budget with QWERT and almost all other Specs and BB8830 which is above the budget with doubts regarding BB Services.

Please Gurus, let your expert views flow in.

Thanks

Thank you all! RIMWEB community really rocks! All kind souls ready to help as ever! Had almost finalised on Corby and then read reviews from actuals users with some serious usability issues. Have a look at the following links.

Absolute disappointment from Samsung

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA

Just for the looks otherwise average

As for the the Metro TV, Reliance site says it is not having netconnect! Secondly was not able to find any information from Samsung Website. They have not listed the phone there. So you can forget about any support later like PC Suite download etc.

Came up with another option while searching. Micromax Q5C. This seems to be a nice QWERT OMH handset with almost everything except EVDO which is not clearly mentioned in the Specs.

Micromax Q5C

Another option is the Blackberry 8830 listed today in buy sell which is higher for my budget but can consider it.

Will BB 8830 support subscribing to Reliance BB Plans. There are 3 plans one with just Pushmail and the best one having Unlimited Interenet. My question is can we subscribe to this plans for BB 8830 unlocked and listed here? How is the process?

Choice now between Micromax Q5C which is well within Budget with QWERT and almost all other Specs and BB8830 which is above the budget with doubts regarding BB Services.

Please Gurus, let your expert views flow in.

Thanks

Unofficial Blacberry's purchased frm rimweb are not supportable to bis in cdma mode , you can have bis on gsm mode as BB8830 is dual gsm+cdma but one svc at a time.. Blackberry is much much better then micromax which is a chinese standard fone :)

@rajanmehta - watch out for my BB8830 (Black New) offer reaching me in 4-5 days with 1 New Bluetooth Headset included at 7.5K and with gps and data offer; details by pm.... others may also prebook...

@rajanmehta - watch out for my BB8830 (Black New) offer reaching me in 4-5 days with 1 New Bluetooth Headset included at 7.5K and with gps and data offer; details by pm.... others may also prebook...

Sent you a pm. Please reply

I need a mobile handset for MS Powerpoint (MS Office 2003) presentation on LCD projector. any model meets my requirement in Reliance CDMA?

thanks & regards

@vikas: from whre can I buy samsung corby CDMA below 6000 !!! I got price of 7910 Rs

I am interested to buy new if it is available at price u mentioned.