Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
palim

Reliance Services in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Gujarat & MP

Hello All,

I am a new member on this forum and I need help to decide on Reliance GSM. I am from mumbai and use AIRCEL services. I travel to Rest of Maharashtra (Pune, Nasik, Nagpur), Ahmedabad and Indore very frequently. My usage comprises of both Calling and Texting (approx 30-40 msgs per day - even when I am in roaming). Since charges of sending sms while roaming is high (Rs 3.45) on all networks, I found Reliance GSM offering free as a part of their SMS15000 Pack (even while roaming). Apart from this, the monthly tariff plan of 199/- includes 150 hrs of free talk time. I am contemplating whether to switch the service provider from AIRCEL to RELIANCE or not. My concerns ....

1) How is network service in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Gujarat & MP?

2) When they say free sms while roaming, does it mean even if I am on a network other than reliance (like airtel, idea etc) sms is free and all incoming calls at 1p/sec?

Please advise.

Thanks

its good in mumbai and ahmedabad. my wife and niece, both are using it and no problem at all. and also my bhabhi... have bought one RGSM for my dad...

however when my niece sends SMS from RGSM to my CDMA, i get blank message. no idea where the prbolem is. niece in college and using lots of text while my wife, as all ladies do, lot of talk..

Edited by csmart

Can't speak about rest of Maharashtra yet, but its no good in Poona. Voice clarity is worse than any other operator. Even Aircel with 1 - 2 bars has better voice clarity than RGSM when in full range. It has been discussed in other threads....

And yes, I have noticed issues with texting between RGSM and RCDMA also.

Hi,

Network is not good. Many times you need to dial 3-4 times to get a call. I am also traveling most of the time in west, south and north India and many times I have faced this. Many times call get drops.....

Their GPRS is one of the worse I have seen in my life (Specially on GSM services). Customer care is non responsive. and all are experts in making you fool.

GOD may help you, If you chose them.

Good at nasik...

No good here in Mumbai .. Network absent at most prominent Corporate park in mumbai.

Now I want to say this :-

Reliance cell site is on my building (residence) & I get full strength on my handset. Now the matter of truth is VOICE CRACKS LIKE HELL !!! :angry:

On a Docomo no. which i took for Internet has voice crack which is lesser than RGSM & RCDMA both.

What I believe is IMPLEMENTATION matters the most. Reliance has technology but those fools have not implemented it properly.

Well I believe CDMA is technology far better than GSM but implementation also matters.

For me wherever I have gone Docomo has always given me better service.

In Pune, the service sometimes good sometimes bad and sometimes worst. Many a times you will not be able to connect the call or will be "Not Reachable" to your caller. At times it works flawlessly and you can talk for a stretch of 1 hr. I use it as an additional SIM. But one cannot depend on RGSM in Pune. In pune, for GSM, the best service (not tariff) is from Vodafone and Idea - and in that order.

previous.gif Right, but about 80% of the time its really bad. But even on a lucky day that it does work out, I would not call it flawless, if you listen carefully. Voice clarity is almost never as good as Uninor, Idea and Docomo.

previous.gif Right, but about 80% of the time its really bad. But even on a lucky day that it does work out, I would not call it flawless, if you listen carefully. Voice clarity is almost never as good as Uninor, Idea and Docomo.

i agree RGSM is the worst is terms of clarity , Uninor has the best voice clarity.

RGSM has decent coverage in major cities of MP... but poor coverage in smaller towns and villages.

BSNL covers villages and small towns better.

Reviving the thread after 3 years.

What is the status now ?

Can I port from Idea to RGSM in Gujarat ?

Not a good network in Ahmedabad

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

And also no 3g in Gujarat for RGSM

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Status is almost same. Varies from area to area. Those who are using are happy with it. My in-laws, in Ahmedabad have no issues.

In fact, I came across a person who is also getting iPhone 5S from RGSM. He is happy and currently using it on his Note 2 in Mumbai.