Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ani_meher

Need Some Help In Clarifying Bsnl 3G Connection

I am planning to have a secondary BSNL number for a long time, and luckily I got a good number of BSNL 3g XXY543210Y :) I am planning to use it as net connection, as my current Tata 1X connection is slowly pushing me to kill or die. Can someone please clarify following things.

1. I do not have a 3G phne, but I have an Idea netsetter (EDGE, not 3g) unlocked. Can I use this BSNL card in it?

2. What speed will I get in this EDGE device?

3. I want only prepaid connection. Which prepaid data connection should I take, the one with 3G or 2G?

Is it worth doing all this, or should I try some different operator and forget BSNL?

I am located in Pune.

If you are not satisfied with 1X then edge would be no better. For good and satisfying experience you. Need 3G phone or modem as per your need. Why don't you consider evdo devices or phones? They are any day better than 3GSM

:previous: I back Kalpakbhai... EVDO Devices are available in plenty these days.. why dont you opt for one, unless you plan to use the BSNL mobile number to take it to your trips (read leh, ladakh, etc) ;)

Yes, actually that's the plan :) I was going to have a BSNL number anyways, to have it as backup on my trip. THat's why I am interested in accessing internet through that only.

reliance / tata evdo is better in terms of coverage and speed as compared to bsnl 3G ( god knows wht they call 3G with such crappy speeds and service)

It is better to avoid BSNL 3G. They are spending a lot on advertisements but not on infrastructure. The coverage of 3G is dismal and even in 3G areas, it is unstable. I tried this for 4 months and finally switched back to Tata Indicom's 1X (this is a non-EVDO area of Tata or Reliance). Don't just go for 3G as you have a special number of BSNL. Mine is special too (9434353637), but that didn't continue to be the reason of using 3G.

BSNL speed is,improving and also stabilizing. 3gsm has stability problem every where