Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sougatadc

TATA Indicom Reintroduces Internet Packs

Tata is theif

Internet plans 43&94 data only for browsing google you cannot use in other way no chatting no other page than google as they will throw bill with huge amont i am victim of this they charged me many time as i am postpaid user thay throw huge bill in last i have to deactivte all internet services after making many many complains thet just tell me you must only browse google only not other web

Regards

I didnt get this. I have just subscribed to 43 plan. They didnt mention any specifics apart from its 2gb (while sms confirmation said its 3gb)

I have ported my number Tata docomo cdma postpaid since 1.5 months. Using omh sim in US cellular S3.

Cc activated 94 pack for 5gb data, initially I thought it can be used for 1x / evdo on handset only (no tethering), however only after getting 1st Bill I got to know I had been charged over and above the 94 plan without even crossing 1gb.

Any particular setting to be done? Or this is just not for me?

Cc said data used on Tata zone application only is counted under 5gb, other than that data used under any app like come / whatsapp / fb, etc will be charged extra.

ain't this foolish?

Other hsia packs seem to be over expensive. RCDMA 94 pack was much better than this.

Tata's 1X packs are dubious. If you want to use EVDO (you have to, 1X on S3 is an unsamrt proposition), you have to have HSIA pack activated, which is not at all cheap ( Rs. 100 for mere 256MB, Rs. 300 for 1GB andd Rs. 500 for 2GB). And post these limits (which may be crossed subtly any time which you'll not notice) the tariff will be like hell. That's why unlimited packs are always better. Even in prepaid CDMA of Tata, if the pack limit is crossed, internet doesn't cease to work and it continues on the expence of the main balance which may go negative to thousands of rupees. This is very dangerous if you use it on your primary number and you have to keep that number whatever negative balance it accrues.

If you were not from Maharastra, I would ask you to port out to an MTS smartphone connection and use EVDO on recharging STV of Rs. 246 which provides 1GB HSIA, unlimited 1X afterwards along with unlimited local+national SMS (capped to 200/day by TRAI) for 30 days. This is much better compared to that of Tata.

I am using Rs. 95 plan which gives 4.5 Gb data. Getting good speed :)

I am using Rs. 95 plan which gives 4.5 Gb data. Getting good speed :)

are you getting 1x or evdo ??

In Mumbai using the 94 rupees plan and get great speeds on Tata. Its Evdo for me as I get 3g written

Tata has changed their CDMA internet packs

Rs. 5 50 MB Till Midnight on day of recharge 10p/10KB
12 150 MB 3 10p/10KB
48 500 MB 14 10p/10KB
94 1 GB 28 10p/10KB
127 1.5 GB 30 10p/10KB
256 4 GB 30 10p/10KB

Plus, they have clearly written that these plans offers only mobile browsing (brew & wap). Tethering is not allowed and would be charged on use basis.

Hi..

Pls guide if anyone is using EVDO with 94 plan in Maharashtra in TATA Indicom CDMA.

As per attached screenshot, 1gb EVDO is allowed on mobile. I am not sure how would they differentiate if it is mobile usage or PC usage.

TIA

post-64662-0-82593100-1385630578_thumb.p

The old 4.5GB/94Rs plan was auto-renewable.

Did anyone's subscription get renewed after this recent change in plan?

what did you get?

Try Paytm for renewal. It is accepting in some circles.

• Like 1

As per attached screenshot, 1gb EVDO is allowed on mobile. I am not sure how would they differentiate if it is mobile usage or PC usage.

Tata programs their server in such a way that these recharges are allowed only for wireless area protocol (WAP) and gets blocked for TCP, thus mobile internet is possible with these recharges but as and when tethering is attempted, it deducts from the main balance, the internet plan gets overridden.

• Like 1

I bought a tata number just for the 94rs for 5gb plan (postpaid)... and the very first month got a huge bill... and was told by the cc that i used the high speed internet hence was not covered in my net pack...

I get very very high speeds at my place with tata cdma... so i am still tempted to try tata cdma if there is a proper plan which allows me to use evdo service with charges less than gsm 3G??

Any advice??

Oh well... i am from Nagpur , maharashtra

Edited by ruiner21

I bought a tata number just for the 94rs for 5gb plan (postpaid)... and the very first month got a huge bill... and was told by the cc that i used the high speed internet hence was not covered in my net pack...

I get very very high speeds at my place with tata cdma... so i am still tempted to try tata cdma if there is a proper plan which allows me to use evdo service with charges less than gsm 3G??

Any advice??

Oh well... i am from Nagpur , maharashtra

Even I had activated RS.43(CIMO & WALKY) plan for postpaid and got big internet charge for this month.

HSIA charges are very high.

Any other cheaper plan for using HSIA on tata docomo?

Can anyone explain in detail what is CIMO? I have opted for Rs. 43 plan. Will mobile internet usage in EVDO will incur hefty charges?

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk