Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sougatadc

TATA Indicom Reintroduces Internet Packs

At last Tata Indicom could come out of the jinx of not having any internet pack for such a long time, after years. Earlier there was an offer of Rs. 75/ month for unlimited wap on handset (specially bundled with SAMSUNG Explore model launched in September 2007). Later the plan was withdrawn and the subscribers were left with no options but to go for steep internet charge of 1p/1kb.

Now, different prepaid and post-paid plans have been introduced as shown below. These rates are quite competitive compared to the prevailing rates of other operators like AirTel, Vodafone, Aircel, Uninor, !dea, Reliance, BSNL or even Tata DoCoMo vis-à-vis their speed.

I have activated a post-paid monthly pack and enjoying it. The speed and stability of connection are quite decent.

PREPAID INTERNET PACK MRP /USAGE CAP

Daily Pack Rs.5 / 50 MB

3 Day Pack Rs.12 /200 MB

15 Day Pack Rs.33 /500 MB

Monthly Pack Rs.43 /1 GB

Jumbo Monthly Pack Rs.94 /2.5 GB

POSTPAID INTERNET PACK MRP USAGE CAP

Monthly Pack Rs.43 /1 GB

Jumbo Monthly Pack Rs.94 /2.5 GB

Usage beyond the capping or validity period will be charged at a rate of 10paisa/10KB. Check here

• Like 2

Great offer really.When Reliance comes with such an offer,remains to be seen.

isn't there any 'pay as you go' pack?

isn't there any 'pay as you go' pack?

Yes, 'Pay as you go' was there and it is still there. If no add-on pack is activated, the tariff remains 10p/10kb. Steep, isn't it?

Usage beyond the capping or validity period will be charged at a rate of 10paisa/10KB. Check here

The given link is not working. Browser says "The URL http://http://tataindicom.com/tatazone-internet-pack.aspx contains a port number that is not in the range 1 to 65535."

If there is no pack, the charges are flat 40 paisa/min. atleast thats applicable in TTSL circle.

Dear Kapil Dev,

Link is working.. Try this

To activate prepaid pack :

1. Send “DB {Offer price}” to 12524

2. Contact your nearest retailer for an EVD recharge

3. Call 12524 for any further information and activation.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Postpaid Pack

Tatazone Postpaid Internet Pack_________MRP____Valid Till____Usage Cap_______Keyword

______Monthly Pack___________________Rs.43___30 Days_____1.0 GB__________DB 43

Jumbo Monthly Pack___________________Rs.94___30 Days_____2.5 GB__________DB 94

To activate postpaid pack :

1. Send “DB {Offer price}” to 121

2. Call 121 for any further information and activation.

For Postpaid users to Unsubscribe, just send "UNSUB 43" or "UNSUB 94" to 121 or call 121 for discontinuing subscription service

Terms and Conditions

Applicable for both prepaid and postpaid CIMO customers.

The pack is applicable only for usage of “internet services on WAP and BREW platforms” and is in no way applicable for any other content based or other data charges on the platforms.

1. Every pack is subjected to a corresponding capping - the volume threshold set for the particular pack.

2. Any usage of internet services beyond the volume threshold or after the validity of pack is crossed in terms of duration, will be charged at a rate of 10paisa/10KB.

3. The internet usage with the pack corresponds to only the services offered on WAP and BREW platforms and not for offline internet usage i.e. usage of handset as modem.

----------------------------------------------------------

@SumitVerma Yes, 40p/min was the default tariff earlier and hence I never care to use this service earlier..

But now, it is time to disturb our Hitesh Ji :Riendo: to activate data in my BB8830 and enable browser and few apps incl Opera/Mini and GMail apps..

Edited by KanagaDeepan

The pack is applicable only for usage of “internet services on WAP and BREW platforms” and is in no way applicable for any other content based or other data charges on the platforms.

Means no fun of activating it?

This is best pack for CDMA ! Reliance wake up !!!

@Deepan any time !

Will this pack work on higend handsets & for tethering purpose

@SumitVerma Yes, 40p/min was the default tariff earlier and hence I never care to use this service earlier..

But Deepan, the 40p/min rate is for using the phone as modem. The 10p/10kb was there for internet on mobile. I was using on my hTc Touch sometimes.

Means no fun of activating it?

@Sumit, even if it is WAP, you can use it for full internet on your handset. You can download any attachment or do any type of internet based applications like google map with GPS. I'm using it on my hTc Touch. Only restriction is don't use this internet on your PC/laptop by utilizing your phonne as modem.Just do it with the following settings:

Server Dial = #777

User Name = wapuser

Password = wapuser

Proxy Server IP = 172.23.252.15

Proxy Server Port = 9401

Means Proxy / Port = 172.23.252.15:9401

This is best pack for CDMA ! Reliance wake up !!!

Yes, it is the best tariff now for CDMA. And the coverage is also good.

I wrote a detailed mail directly to the MD, Tata Indicom requesting for introduction of internet packs last month. I was contacted from the MD's desk at Chennai and was told that it was being taken care of. May be this is the result. The mail reads as follows:

"Sir,

Uninor is offering MyConnect 90 for Rs 90/month allowing usage limit of 3GB along with unlimited access of Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.

Vodafone offers unlimited GPRS/EDGE against Rs 14/day, Rs 32/week or Rs 98/month.

AirTel offers 2GB of free data with a validity of one month for a recharge of Rs 98.

Aircel provides unlimited internet for 3 days against Rs 14 and for a month against Rs. 98.

Reliance Smart allows use of unlimited GPRS (Internet) on mobile phones as well as computer for Whole Month (30 Days) against Rs. 303 recharge. It is Rs 81 for 7 days and Rs 39 for weekends. Reliance CDMA provides unlimited browsing with a plan charge of Rs. 99 per Month.

!dea cellular also provides unlimited surfing for Rs 98 a month.

Moreover with Tata DoCoMo, one can have a usage of 6GB against Rs 95, 2GB against Rs 48, 500MB (3days) for Rs 15 and 10MB (one day) for Rs 5.

Being an old subscriber of Tata Indicom (I was a prepaid subscriber first and from 2007 switched over to postpaid), once I used to use unlimited internet on my mobile for Rs 75/month only. Now the cost of browsing internet is too high (10p/10KB) which prevents many prospective subscribers to use on their mobile phones. Please think over it and kindly introduce usage based internet plans for mobiles without further delay. While subscribers of Tata DoCoMo are enjoying attractive internet plans, why we, the Tata Indicom subscribers are not getting the chance?

I am still with Tata Indicom because I have a special number (9233445566), if this bottleneck continues to be there, it will force me to change network at the introduction of MNP."

• Like 4

Well done SougataDhar, +1 for you...

Well done SougataDhar, +1 for you...

Thanx a lot, my friend Deepan.

+1 for you Sougata Dhar.

One important question to all forum members.

Why alone in CDMA there is differential tariff for mobile internet and mobile tethering?

After all, In either cases, volume consumed in KB is the load generated by the device on the operator's network.

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

Edited by kesav

The above plans are for non-HSIA (read EVDO) handsets only

One important question to all forum members.

Why alone in CDMA there is differential tariff for mobile internet and mobile tethering?

After all, In either cases, volume consumed in KB is the laod generated by the device on the operator's network.

Because many users' CDMA handsets are lower end only and giving better tariff for browsing on mobile vs tethering/USB-Modem will bring small load to network imho... Simply put USB-Modems and 1x tethering (USB) cables for low-end mobiles with 1x are easily available, when comparing high-end handsets worth browsing on mobile.. Further this may boost their official high-end handset sales too a little..

Similarly, Tata has introduced nice offer for HSIA (EV-DO) browsing on handset like Corby, even better than Photon+ and MBlaze offers... Same Reason...

With 1x possible in foreign handsets :clap: , these types of offers are boon for we Rimweb members... Wait till MTS offering EV-DO on foreign handsets, many friends are using here and the CDMA story will be different then...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

+ 1 for you...

Thank you sugata... :signthankspin:

:previous:

Very good answer Deepan.

Similarly, Tata has introduced nice offer for HSIA (EV-DO) browsing on handset like Corby, even better than Photon+ and MBlaze offers... Same Reason...

One correction. Those packs(256 MB, 1 GB, 2GB) introduced with OMH RUIMs can be used for both mobile internet and mobile tethering with any EVDO handsets.

Now my question is little bit more critical. When TATA can make common plans for mobile internet and mobile tethering in EVDO segment, why can't it make the same in CDMA 1X segment.

What are the internet settings for HTC Hero??

I would like to use this offer of 1 Gb for Rs43.

They are giving free on-net tata to tata calls with these internet packs. I got 50rs worth with the 43rs-1gb plan.

I'm using this pack (using userid and password as 'wapuser' along with proxy) on my hTc Touch.

Can anybody tell me whether this pack works with userid and password as 'internet' also?

My friend has bought one LG510 which carries 1X data by default and can be used for EVDO also. In the data setting of the phone I found only userid and password setting options are there (no proxy setting option available). How data (using one of these packs) can be used on this phone?

Can anybody tell me whether this pack works with userid and password as 'internet' also?

NO, It is NOT working.. I mean if you use internet as userid, then you will be charged at 40p/min (depending on plan)... The usage doesn't use the 1GB pack... I am telling this from my experience.. Hope this helps..

NO, It is NOT working.. I mean if you use internet as userid, then you will be charged at 40p/min (depending on plan)... The usage doesn't use the 1GB pack... I am telling this from my experience.. Hope this helps..

Then I cannot upgrade my handset from hTc Touch to Incredible/EVO 4G/Samsung Fascinate/Palm Pixi or any other advanced handset where proxy cannot be configured. I was planning to switch into android world, but internet on my handset will be too costly to bear. :wacko:

Using an advanced handset in CDMA with Tata is so clumsy these days, there is no option left for me but to wait for MNP (whatever late it comes) and thereafter I would be able to choose good handset on GSM. Till then internet pack on my hTc Touch with userid and password as 'wapuser' is my saviour.

Mobile High Speed Internet Data packs:

DATA ADD ON PACK NAMEMONTHLY RENTAL (RS)FREE USAGE (GB)ADDITIONAL USAGE CHARGES- 1XADDITIONAL USAGE CHARGES-

HSIAHSIA 256MB Data Pack 100 256 MB Re. 0.50/MB Re. 0.50/MB

HSIA 1GB Data Pack 300 1 GB Re. 0.50/MB Re. 0.50/MB

HSIA 2GB Data Pack 500 2 GB Re. 0.50/MB Re. 0.50/

MBMobnet Mega 5GB 950 5 GB Re. 0.50/MB Re. 0.50/

MBMobnet Power Surf 1100 10 GB Re. 0.50/MB Re. 0.50/

MBMobnet Super Surf 1500 15 GB Re. 0.50/MB Re. 0.50/MB

In This Plan UID and Password will work as internet / internet and you can take full Experience of Android with Above Plans

• Like 1