Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

LG 510 Cookie Zip EVDO not Working in Reliance

Bought LG510 Cookie Zip with great hopes of browsing on EVDO speed as it is EVDO Rev.A. I fulfill all requirements of EVDO like,

-Using OMH Sim Card.

-Subscribed to data package.

-Handset is EVDO.

My handset is showing both EVDO and 1x Signal bars at full strength but the moment you connect the browser, it is connecting at

1x Speed only. Even with PC Connection, the speed is 1x only.

So started with Reliance Customer Care. Called them about the problem. By now, i have made nearly 12 Calls to them, 2 Complaint No.,

Speaking to Floor Leader, Sending Email to Customer Care and in the whole process wasting nearly 6 hours. Various responses given

by them during the conversations is really worth a read,

-EVDO Service is not yet launched and will be launched in September.

-Does your handset have IMEI No. please provide the same.

-This handset is not EVDO capable.

-This handset is not in our system and so EVDO is not possible on it.

-Please contact LG Service center for your problem.

-Did you activate the handset (This when i told them that i was calling from the same handset.

-This handset is not yet available. (This when i told them to have a look at their own website listing the same handset under CDMA Phones.

So now started with LG Customer Care Helpline. Another Nightmare. Because the moment you start describing your problem, you are told that

they will transfer the line to Mobile Department and the instant they do that, the line gets disconnected.

Again tried with a suggestion given by one of the member of our forum Vikas Mahajan in a separate post to tell that you have Samsung Corby.

Lodged a fresh complaint with the same. Did not work.

Truly disgusted with Reliance.

All the members, does any one have found any solution for this. Please share your solution, experience, anything.

Alternatively, all owners of LG510 facing the same problem, please post on this thread. Together we can do something about it.

914805680.png

Edited by rajanmehta

Problem is not with LG but reliance. If it is OMH the operator is supposed to provide settings on RUIM and keep it open. Reliance on the other hand has blocked settings at the backend so unless they activate it for you EVDO will not work. Only God knows how reliance execs get such wonderful ideas in their heads.

Bought LG510 Cookie Zip with great hopes of browsing on EVDO speed as it is EVDO Rev.A. I fulfill all requirements of EVDO like,

-Using OMH Sim Card.

-Handset is EVDO.

My handset is showing both EVDO and 1x Signal bars at full strength but the moment you connect the browser, it is connecting at

So started with Reliance Customer Care. Called them about the problem. By now, i have made nearly 12 Calls to them, 2 Complaint No.,

Speaking to Floor Leader, Sending Email to Customer Care and in the whole process wasting nearly 6 hours. Various responses given

-Did you activate the handset (This when i told them that i was calling from the same handset.

-This handset is not yet available. (This when i told them to have a look at their own website listing the same handset under CDMA Phones.

So now started with LG Customer Care Helpline. Another Nightmare. Because the moment you start describing your problem, you are told that

they will transfer the line to Mobile Department and the instant they do that, the line gets disconnected.

Again tried with a suggestion given by one of the member of our forum Vikas Mahajan in a separate post to tell that you have Samsung Corby.

All the members, does any one have found any solution for this. Please share your solution, experience, anything.

Alternatively, all owners of LG510 facing the same problem, please post on this thread. Together we can do something about it.

brother only way to get your evdo activated on ur handset is already stated in my post that u have read.... i suggest you to ask CC at *355 broadband customer care not the netconnect 1x dept. I am sure ur call goes to 1x dept. ask them to transfer to broadband plus dept. Call on *355 and also not on *222 or *333 or 198 which are CC for reliance cdma mobile .

So when you are finally connected to Broadband dept ask them that u have corby and broadband plus service is not active on your number and also ask them to refer that complaint id which was made on same problem and was solved successfully, u can get that complaint id from my post. that complaint was made by KAMLESH ( a CC represntative) .

Also they have a technical term called as [ A12AUTH ] if this is inactive then broadband plus service does not works , ask them to check if this is active or inactive on ur number. As one of my friends bb+ data card was deactivated due to Documents problem and when it was reactivated only 1x worked but BB+ was not working then i filed a complaint and CC told me that ur [ A12AUTH ] is inactive and they cant make complain for that as there is no option for it so they mailed for it at their level and next day on my confirmation when it was not done again they took request and BB+ got activated :)

this proves the fact that getting evdo is so messy even on official phones

evdo needs to be activated by backend

unless they autenticate it wont work

LG people have nothing to do with it

-Using OMH Sim Card.

-Handset is EVDO.

brother only way to get your evdo activated on ur handset is already stated in my post that u have read.... i suggest you to ask CC at *355 broadband customer care not the netconnect 1x dept. I am sure ur call goes to 1x dept. ask them to transfer to broadband plus dept. Call on *355 and also not on *222 or *333 or 198 which are CC for reliance cdma mobile .

So when you are finally connected to Broadband dept ask them that u have corby and broadband plus service is not active on your number and also ask them to refer that complaint id which was made on same problem and was solved successfully, u can get that complaint id from my post. that complaint was made by KAMLESH ( a CC represntative) .

Also they have a technical term called as [ A12AUTH ] if this is inactive then broadband plus service does not works , ask them to check if this is active or inactive on ur number. As one of my friends bb+ data card was deactivated due to Documents problem and when it was reactivated only 1x worked but BB+ was not working then i filed a complaint and CC told me that ur [ A12AUTH ] is inactive and they cant make complain for that as there is no option for it so they mailed for it at their level and next day on my confirmation when it was not done again they took request and BB+ got activated :)

Vikasji I have called on *355 also (forgot to mention in post). First they asked me to call on *222. When i persisted, they had the same reply saying LG510 is not showing in their system but EVDO can work on Samsung Corby Speed. Next i tried your solution calling them again and saying that i have replaced my handset to Samsung Corby Speed. Now please activate EVDO. They guy could not find the activation details and took a complaint which is still not resolved. Will definately try you A12 authentication method.

this proves the fact that getting evdo is so messy even on official phones

evdo needs to be activated by backend

unless they autenticate it wont work

LG people have nothing to do with it

Please...Please ellaborate what is process involved for getting EVDO activated by backend. What do you need to tell this idiots?

Do you need to go to some place and do any procedure. Please share your knowledge with us sulking souls. Not getting EVDO despite

having compatible and official handset is like not consumating your marriage on the first night and being stopped by silly excuses.

How frustating can that be!

On a sidenote that nice Speedtest Result of yours Shows Cellular in the service Provider. Must be EVDO. You are getting it on which

handset? Is it Reliance Network? Is it Official Reliance phone or you have been able to get EVDO on imported handset?

Edited by rajanmehta

HURRAY..... :Contento:

EVDO FINALLY ACTIVATED ON LG510 IN RELIANCE... :Contento:

@Vikas Mahajan. Thanks a billion for Samsung Corby advice. :signthankspin:

All LG510 Cookie Zip owners wanting EVDO Activation, following is the steps,

-Ensure that you are using OMH Sim Card (Sim Card with Diamond Logo)

-A default profile comes with LG510. Let it be. Create a new profile (This will be under

Browser Settings in Phone Settings). It will ask to you enter Lock Code. Enter 0000 which

is the default Lock Code. Create new profile. In browser username and password enter your

mobile no without 0. i.e if your mobile no. is 9374.... enter it like that. In Home Page,

you can enter your most frequently visited website. Do not touch dial in number. It will be

showing *777. Let it remain and SAVE the profile.Next it will Show Profile 2. Click on it and

than SET.

-Subscribe to any Data plan by going to Mobile Internet in R World.

Now call up CC at *355 (Not at *222 which is the standard CC Number. Tell him that you have a

Samsung Corby Speed and your high speed internet on Mobile is working at 1x speed and not at

EVDO speed. Request them to activate EVDO Speed. Do not say LG510 as it is not updated in their

system so by default they will say that EVDO is not possible on LG510.

There will be many other excuses, phone transfer to other department and endless excuses. Insist on

them taking a formal complaint and giving you a complaint no. Ask CC to read out what exactly he has

written in the complaint. Most of the time they do not understand and write anything and so the problem does not get resolved.

In my case 3 complaint was resolved without resolving the actual problem because they wrote different things.

48 Hours is standard time for complaint resolution. Call up again if not resolved. Persist. It will

be escalated. Again Call up. Keep on Calling. Do not know how many calls you will have to make. If

things are not going in right direction, ask them for details of Nodal Officer and tell that all

of their responses are being verbatim monitored by you and will be sent to Nodal Officer when you

take up the Complaint with Nodal Officer.

Do not get discouraged. It may get resolved finally as happenned in my case. Totally took 6 days,

huge amount of phone calls, repeating the same thing to nearly 35 different people.

Edited by rajanmehta

Good news :Sorprendido: good news :Sorprendido:

HURRAY..... :Contento:

EVDO FINALLY ACTIVATED ON LG510 IN RELIANCE... :Contento:

Detailed Post in Some Time

Congrats buddy :):clap::cheer: I hope my suggestions worked :)

@ rajanmehta its not necessary to create a new profile or subscribe to Mobile internet data plan to get evdo activation.. EVDO works both for laptop and mobile itself :)

An extremely useful post especially for me as it was critical for my decision to go in for the LG510 as opposed to Samsung Corby speed(LG has a better larger screen, and is also a newer launch)....the only 2 handsets in India(upto now atleast) that support CDMA EVDO (a type of wireless broadband).

Let me add to the instructions for LG510 new users:

Since u will go to a webworld to obtain an OMH simcard(broadband only works with OMH) ensure that u get it activated there and then by the helpdesk(every webworld has one) and can also proffer to surrender your old sim(surrendering has benefits..1. Paperwork will be less ; 2. There will be some pressure on them to activate your new sim sooner since they r taking your old one.)

After activation it still does not mean that u will get broadband speeds, for that pls read the rest of this very useful post. You will probably have to wait atleast 2 days after making atleast 10 calls and talking to atleast 4 different people and transferred to atleast 4 other dept.'s. I am still at this stage so thats all I can tell u upto now.

I have 2 bars that revert to one when R world opens. Am still trapped in this R world, rest of the web world is not accessible. Maybe I need to get a basic or broadband plan, but why shouldn't internet work on per MB basis as it does work on other carriers like airtel, vodafone etc even without subscribing to any plan. Will update this very useful post.

@ T V Singh

Best of Luck for your EVDO activation. It will surely happen. Just be patient.

As you are able to access only R World and not any other website, have you done the following?

In R World Menu down below there will be a link for Mobile Internet or something similar (Don't remember exactly now).

Click and open that. It will show you details of the plans. There will be a per MB option also.

Select your plan or Per MB option and subscribe.

Within a few minutes, your plan will be activated. You will receive an SMS informing the same. And Voilla!! Happy browsing!! :SI:

HURRAY!!!!!

EVDO speed can be accessed through LG510. :Riendo: IT TOOK ME TWO DAYS FOR THE WHOLE THING TO COMPLETE.

But for that, following things are necessary.

1) OMH SIM Card.

2) Call *355 and tell the CC guy as follows: although EV signal Bar & 1X signal bar is showing on my mobile (Note : tell him that you are using Samsung Corby. Dont tell him that you are using LG510 as it's not updated in their DB), but connection is being setup in 1X mode only. Also, tell him that, You are connecting your Samsung corby to PC and accessing internet.

After doing so, he will definetely transfer your call to tech dept, and they will raise the complaint number & believe me, they them selves said that some feature need to be enabled, after which i can access the EVDO speed. The resolution time for complaint number is 24 hours. In my case case, the CC guy called after 18 hours & informed me that, the necessary features have been activated & i can use EVDO on mobile & PC.

Be patient, the things will move on & now i am able to access the EV speed on both Mobile & PC.

It took me two days for all he process.

But, be careful, don't let him know that you are using LG510, he doesn't even transfer your call as their DB is not updated with LG510.

I love my LG 510 Phone.

I was depressed with previous posts from different guys that EVDO can't be accessed through LG510 phone. But, It can be accessed through our LG510 with little head ache, as the Reliance DB's are not updated with LG510 phones.

Still, LG has bluffed the market wrt bluetooth. This phone's bluetooth version is a basic one which doesn't support you to hear the songs being played in your mobile. You can only conversate in a phone call. This might be the major drawback & rest is fine with this phone.

HURRAY :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: EVDO is possible in LG510.

After a few months....

LG 510 became sluggish, slow and touchscreen became less responsive so I took it to their service center.

Glad to tell everyone that LG now has an update for this phone. If u go to your software version[Menu-Settings-Phone Settings-Version information] it will be LG510F07 which will be updated to 08 by the service center. On asking i was told that this update sorts out the sluggishness, TV volume etc.

Unfortunately they didn't know a thing about the BREW OS this phone runs on and were also clueless about how to install Opera mini browser which is now possible since Qualcomm[makers of the BREW platform] has added support for Opera mini but its not user updatable, only by manufacturer who has the licence.

Anyone who gets there do let everyone know the path. Also there is the issue of PUSH mail this phone theoretically supports but it does not work, here the network provider may be the culprit.

Hi folks

Is it possible to enable EVDO on HTC Touch Pro. It doesn't have a hardware SIM though...

Are there any software settings that can be done achieve EVDO (without OMH card).

Please help....

Thanks

previous.gif Sorry to disappoint you but EVDO is not possible in your case.

But I think people are using EVDO on MTS using same handsets... is that right?

previous.gif You might have seen this thread and assuming EVDO in MTS on imported handsets. http://www.rimweb.in...aharashtra-goa/

Yes Sadikkbhai is saying there that EVDO on MTS is available through him. See 3 conditions he has mentioned. If you are fulfilling any, Contact Him.

Hey! I got a new LG cookie 510 in early Feb. My SIM is updated to OMH & my service provider is Reliance [the reason I joined this forum :)]. However the result is the same I get a 1x speed & not really EVDO. As this topic was last updated in December 2010, I wanted to know if the torturing process of activating EVDO by reliance is same as mentioned in the posts or has it eased (high hopes though!!)?

Since you have OMH Card, EVDO Compatible LG Cookie 510 Handset and Still Getting 1x.... The reason is Clear.... Get EVDO activated from the Backend by following Tips mentioned in this Thread...

There is No Substitute to Hard Work.... nono.gif As far as Reliance CDMA EVDO is concerned.. wOOtjumpy.gif

Reliance claims to have resolved my EVDO issue and I see s difference in the speed but am really skeptical if its really 2.4 mbps. The speed indicator still shows me 1X on the top left of the screen. Is there a way to actually test the speed on mobile?