Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manivannan

Unable To Install Rconnect On Lg 5130

Hi Kumar,

In the phone settings, do we have to anything in addition to setting the baud rate to 115200 ? Should we change the data settings to "Data in" and put the phone in "modem mode" before trying to connect ?

26333[/snapback]

Dear manivannan,

You can even select 230400 to enhance the speed between your PC and MODEM, but only when your basic thing is up and working flawless. Apart from that, you dont need to tweak data in or modem mode settings, it gets configured on the fly :-).

Cheers ...............

Hii,

Use the 2030 Installer from Reliance website to install R-connect for 5130, it works fine. But the problem i am facing is that, my taskbar of Win-XP hangs after a successful connection. Can anyone help me out ?

Shuvabrata

Hi Shuvabrata,

Do you mean that everything else (except the taskbar) works after connecting ? In any case, try to disable displaying network connection status in the taskbar. To do this, Uncheck "Show icon in notification area when connected" in the properties of your RIM connection.

I will try the 2030 installer. Thanks.

mani

Hi Shuvabrata,

Do you mean that everything else (except the taskbar) works after connecting ? In any case, try to disable displaying network connection status in the taskbar. To do this, Uncheck "Show icon in notification area when connected" in the properties of your RIM connection.

I will try the 2030 installer. Thanks.

mani

26784[/snapback]

Hii Mani,

The problem is fixed. It was probably due to weak signal strength. Now R-Connect works fine with 5130, although the connection shows as LG RD 2030 connection. Thats not a problem though.

Shuvabrata

Hi Shuvabrata,

Did you try the installer for RD 2030 *after* the installer for RD 5130 failed to install with your USB cable ?

mani

27105[/snapback]

I have been going through all these posts. Here are a few comments:

1) The software (modem driver) for all LG phones is the same. i.e. if you have the dailler set up for 2030, it will work for 5130 or 7130.

2) You can use standard modem 28800 instead of the LG USB Modem and it will work fine.

3) You can create a simple dail up networking instead of the heavy reliance driver.

Follow the following steps to configure the dail up networking.

1) First install the USB cable driver (PL 2303 in most cases with aftermarket cables)

2) Check in the Device Manager which comm port the datacable is attached to.

3) Go to phone / modem in control panel, add (install) the standard 28800 modem to the com port where you data cable is attached.

4) create a dail up connection from connection manager with #777 as the number to dail and the standard modem as your modem.

5) The data settings on the phone have to set to 1,15,000 and if there is option of usb or com, than it has to be set to com.

Attach your phone and it work work well.

Dacodez says that phone will work with data setting set 230000, however when I try with my phone, than phone is not detected by the r connect dailer.

I am now wondering why i swapped my old Samsung 191 for the LG5130. I am one of those guys who use the Reliance connection for only net browsing. The Samsung was simply superb.

However the LG 5130 seems to be very tempramental - at times it connects but mostly I get "Unspecied error" or " error 619 - Port is disconnected "

Is there anyway I can get things work reliably ? And you know how the support is with Web Worlds on issues as this - "Modem ?" "Data cable ?" "Software?" are some of the reactions among others when you contact them.

Can someone help me out ?

RaguDevi

Problem solved.

But if I tell you the solution you may laugh.

Uninstall the software that I had earlier and which was causing a problem.

Disable my Toshiba software that is native to my laptop.

Re install Reliance R-connect software but this time select LG7230 as the phone model. (Even though my actual phone was LG 5130)

And presto when the laptop was restarted, the thing worked and you rae reading this mail.

( My data cable has the markings "ADLG 06 suitable. For LG 7230/6000")

:rolleyes:

RaguDevi

anyone got any solution for 5130 to connect to R connnect

Please read and try the above posts. You should be able to find a solution.

I don't think there is any problem with the software/driver from relianceinfo.com , it must be the third party cable that is the problem as I know a person using RD 5130 R-Connect with original data cable on Windows XP, without any problem.

25744[/snapback]

I just checked the Reliance site. They do not list a cable for the 5130! So no hope of the 'official' cable.

No, there is an 'official' data cable for LG RD 5130, which you can get from Web World/WW Express.

Hi Everybody,

i lost my CD which i purchased from Reliance Web World along with datat cable for LG5130 handset.

Now i want to use r-connect , can anyone please send me the softare/any link from where i can download the same.

My mailid is akhilgoel9@gmail.com

Cheers!

Akhil Goel

Dear All...

Just 1 day back i buyed LG RD5130 particularly for internet (Rconnect) purpose.

I already followed user reviews.. and i studied all post relating to 5130...All users suffering with cable or either software. Is there any user who successfully installed Rconnect..using LG5130...please give me more details..

I tried with AVON cable :'( provided by Reliance...but installation procedure hangs at "wait for 2 to 5 min" window...I am using laptop with Windows XP+SP2..

Please suggest me good USB supported datacable brand and other issues relating 5130 Rconnect

I am very thankful to your replies....

please :help: me

Thank you

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Dear friends,

Thanking you for sharing your problems here, i see that all are against the third party data cables, please note unlike nokia LG is officially not declaring any particular data cable model for their mobiles or phones, where as nokia specifies DKU-5 as data cable for almost certain range of mobiles. As such the data cables for the LG mobiles also best work for the other and hence the third party vendors are encashing the same. Here the best model for LG Mobile is 7130 which even after company has stopped the model works fine. The cable supplied by the 3rd party vendors may be of 7130 and the problem is with the software only which usually all of you are trying to use of 5130 but better try to install drivers for 7130. As one of the solutions suggested by one of our reliance friends Mr. Ragudevi to select 7230 as phone model during installation. I see one of my friends state that his system hangs after 5-6 minutes time of installation this may be the problem with the usb port please uninstall the software and again try to install the software but this time it may work for you. some of my friends are trying to configure manually and connect to '774' number but please note both reliance and tata indicom use '777' as the dialout number. Hope this may solve the problems.

Everything is a mystery until we know the truth or knowledge. I appreciate the person who has started this rimweb.com site who is helping us to meet at a doorstep for solving our problems when the original ISP / operator has been failed so.

Thank you friends....... if anybody found obsolete information from my posting pls. excuse me.... i too am a learner in this world.