Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajeshkatiyar

Reliance HSD / EVDO / Netconnect Broadband+ coverage update

Dear Friends

Reliance started Evdo Broadband at Kanpur one year after Lucknow Launch .Reliance took so long

to cover such a paying city.This all makes clear the future of EVDO. CDMA sevice Providers taking

least interest in EVDO Please reply how many cities are covered in your state?

Regards

Waiting for evdo to launch in Amritsar .... in punjab its only in Chandigarh Patiala and Ludhiana...

None in Chattisgarh - feel 3g has failed before its launch

Yes.. Reg. Photon+, there is only Coimbatore covered in ROTN circle, NOT EVEN MADURAI COVERED by Tata :angry:

But MTS is SO FAST in increasing EV-DO coverage.. It covers Madurai and few other cities in RoTN along with Coimbatore.. So I am planning to move to MTS due to this VERY reason...

Wake up Ambani and Tata.. Don't lose to a foreign player and DON'T CONCENTRATE JUST ON GSM.. DON'T take we CDMA users as granted...

In Kerala I noticed coverage in newer towns like Quilon and Palakkad when I was traveling in train. They will have lot more cities covered by the year end when 3G (GSM) service starts. See:

The coverage map here is well updated: http://www.reliancenetconnect.co.in/coverage%20maps.html

kanpur is a business city and they covered it very late . rim has a strong presence in kanpur

Reliance want to Cover most of the TOP 250 Cities in India but because Chinese Gear buying problem from Government of India all EVDO roll outs were suspended.

They just got Security Clearance from Government for ZTE and Huawei. so Expect some nice Roll outs in near Future.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2010/08/25/stories/2010082551460900.htm

We moved from 32 cities to 65 within nine months and by December that number will change.

Reliance Communications has selected Chinese equipment vendors Huawei and ZTE, to upgrade its mobile network for third generation (3G) services. The two vendors are already supplying GSM network gear to RCom.

Speaking to Business Line, Mr Mahesh Prasad, President, Marketing-Wireless Business, Reliance Communications, said, “We are almost on the verge of closing our 3G network plans. We have selected Huawei and ZTE to upgrade our networks. We had already factored in 3G upgrade last year since our network is only one-year old.

“When we deployed 2G network, we anticipated 3G to happen so lot of ground work has already happened.” This is the second 3G equipment deal after Tata Teleservices announced an agreement with Nokia Siemens.

3G investments

Mr Prasad said the investments for 3G are still being worked out. RCom had earlier announced a capital expenditure of Rs 3,000 crore this fiscal for network roll out. RCom won 3G spectrum in 13 circles for Rs 8,585 crore. He said the price for spectrum was higher than expected and the impact on pricing of services is yet to be seen.

On the possibility of bundling 3G devices along with the connection, he said the company will look at the possibility if it made sense to consumers. “We certainly have the competency and we know how to deal with handsets ecosystems. We are comfortable with handset procuring, branding and bundling, so we will certainly look at it if it makes sense for our customers,” he said.

CDMA

On the CDMA front, RCom is looking to expand its EVDO-based 3G services. “We moved from 32 cities to 65 within nine months and by December that number will change. We have always looked at data and VAS as a huge potential market,” Mr Prasad said. RCom has launched EVDO-based data services on handsets also apart from USB dongles.

Asked if RCom was eyeing the number one spot in the Indian mobile segment, Mr Prasad said, “Being a subscriber market leader is good. Achieving second spot, by a company which is lot younger than most incumbent is commendable. But rules have changed; subscriber growth alone is not enough. Now, we are looking at improving quality of users, improving portfolio of services and improving revenues.”

RCom currently has 111 million subscribers and is at the second spot, behind Bharti Airtel.

Reports clearly states that EVDO is last priority Reliance never disclosed how many places they are going to cover

Ask them station list they will never disclose .Friends what will happen if EVDO is launched after 3G GSM

This post is only to Evaluate the real position of EVDO . In

fact CDMA 1x Data already defeated by EDGE in speed and price both ,I think same will happen to EVDO

Its only takes Rs 1 Lack to Upgrade 1x Tower to EVDO be patients EVDO also Improoves their Revenue Spectrum Efficiency.

Keep Patience.

gsm edge honestly s**ks if u compare speeds with 1x

all gsm operators have downgraded speeds on edge

but only advantage edge has over 1X is the fact that in 1X u will miss calls whereas in edge call will come in through other channel

Waiting for evdo to launch in Amritsar .... in punjab its only in Chandigarh Patiala and Ludhiana...

Bros i m from Ludhiana, My friend who is working with me, He is from Amritsar living at hathi Gate, He is Using Relaince EVDO Service in Amritsar, its working fine there. i purchased Reliance EVDO for him from Amit.Will you please check this service now in Amritsar...

Regards

gsm edge honestly s**ks if u compare speeds with 1x

all gsm operators have downgraded speeds on edge

but only advantage edge has over 1X is the fact that in 1X u will miss calls whereas in edge call will come in through other channel

Dear Friend

Here in Kanpur EDGE DOCOMO IDEA and AIRCEL is better than TATA and Reliance Speed is far better with cheap unlimited options`After 3G

the scene will change drastically

From last fews days.

I am getting pathetic speed from relice EVDO, 1-5Kbps.

and never shoots up above 70Kbps. :NOTriste:

^^^

it might be on 1x

Its only takes Rs 1 Lack to Upgrade 1x Tower to EVDO be patients EVDO also Improoves their Revenue Spectrum Efficiency.

Keep Patience.

You may be right but CDMA Providers have from begining low end users with less ARPU with bunduled cheap sets

so EVDO service will have few customer Service providers know 95 persent sets are of very low end. So i do not think they will

expand EVDO much more

Edited by rajeshkatiyar

Good News for all of us (Reliance customers for EVDO equipments)

Just as what Hetal (post no. 7 and 10) and Ravi (post no. 8), the GOVT has allowed telecom imports after almost 8 months ban.

SOURCE

India has relaxed an eight-month ban on imports of telecommunication equipment, approving orders from China's ZTE and Huawei and Finland's Nokia Siemens Networks, executives said Wednesday, as security fears fade before a high-priority roll out third-generation wireless infrastructure.

ZTE agreed to tough new security regulations, including handing over proprietary information called source code used to run networks, regular inspections and large penalties for security breaches, two executives said on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the ongoing discussions.

It was not clear Wednesday whether Huawei and Nokia Siemens Networks, which won a contract this week to build Tata Teleservices' 3G network, also agreed to the regulations.

U.S. trade groups have worried that Chinese companies are more willing to part with their source code than their U.S. and European competitors, which could effectively squeeze out Western companies already battling China's rising telecom giants on price from India's booming market.

Talks between Indian government and corporate officials over the security rules are ongoing.

India's Department of Telecommunications in July laid down strict security regulations on imports, prompting an outcry from equipment makers and trade groups, who feared they would set a harsh global precedent and scuttle billions of dollars worth of contracts for companies like Ericsson and Cisco.

Under the rules which were believed to have been prompted by fears that Chinese companies would use their networks for spying foreign equipment makers must allow regular security inspections, hire Indian engineers and make their network design and source code available to the Indian government.

In the event of a security breach, operators would face a penalty of 500 million rupees ($10.8 million) plus 100 percent of the value of the contract which often totals several hundred million dollars while equipment vendors could be blacklisted.

U.S., European and Japanese trade groups urged political intervention, and widespread Indian media reports said the Prime Minister's Office asked the Department of Telecommunications to soften the security provisions.

The Department of Telecommunications did not reply to requests for comment Wednesday.

"The matter is juggling between the Prime Minister's Office and the Department of Telecommunications," said an official at a foreign equipment maker who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the talks.

As of March, India had 621.3 million telecom subscribers, up 44.6 percent from the prior year. Additional 3G bandwidth is badly needed to unclog overburdened networks and introduce high speed data services.

India's relations with China have been beset by mutual suspicion and competitiveness.

China has been gaining strength in India's telecom market, with telecom equipment accounting for an estimated 14 percent of India's $21.4 billion trade deficit with China last fiscal year.

That imbalance is a concern in New Delhi, which last year imposed antidumping duties on companies including ZTE and Huawei.

The two nations went to war in 1962 and still tussle over their border.

In a few weeks/months, we shall see many equipments and services being offered by various operators.. Once again time for we consumers to enjoy.. :clap:

:Chulo:

Great news

Kunal

Great news for everyone in Calicut. EVDO has been test launched and many towers have been upgraded. I just used it in Kunnamangalam :)

Dear Friends

I was surprised to note that Reliance Launched EVDO in Distt Shahajhanpur and Hardoi(B Grade city) in UP East

Laslly we can say EVDO is not dead. Although i am not sure about success because their network

is highly congested and 1X was a total failure for last 2 years . Let us watch the reaction of TATA

Regards

Edited by rajeshkatiyar

The happiest person would be Dhiraj who was waiting for Reliance to increase its evdo presence in up.

When will they launch in Hoshiarpur, Punjab

I don't think they have launched in jalandhar either.

They will be definitly Launching, it is rich circle compared to UP

They will be definitly Launching, it is rich circle compared to UP

Surely, If Ambala and Jagadhari from Haryana are in EVDO network, Jalandhar and other Punjab cities should not be far away.

RCDMA is expanding its EVDO coverage.