Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajeshkatiyar

Reliance HSD / EVDO / Netconnect Broadband+ coverage update

RCOM touches 500 mark in EVDO coverage.

Absolutely miraculous achievement.

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_coverage.html

Other than BSNL, RCOM is the numero uno operator in terms of 3G coverage ( 500 cities/towns in EVDO + 4 Mega cities in HSDPA).

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

PS:: @Kanaga, Sivakasi is in RCOM's EVDO coverage

In yet another market breaking initiative RCOM has slashed its EVDO USB price from2399 to Rs. 1599

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Even in their new TV ad they hav started to show that coverage is 500 towns

They still miss a major part of Punjab.

RCOM touches 500 mark in EVDO coverage.

Absolutely miraculous achievement.

Other than BSNL, RCOM is the numero uno operator in terms of 3G coverage ( 500 cities/towns in EVDO + 4 Mega cities in HSDPA).

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

PS:: @Kanaga, Sivakasi is in RCOM's EVDO coverage

In yet another market breaking initiative RCOM has slashed its EVDO USB price from2399 to Rs. 1599

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, Kesav Ji... I have seen their banners... But their launch offer is NOT good as MTS (Rs1998 = 1Month U/L + Reebok shoe + FREE USB Modem)..

With FRC of Rs330 they are allowing 5GB usage within 30 days... And the salesgirl told that with Rs3000, I can get 6 months U/L... But on further checking, I got the info that it is just 18GB on 3x and then speed downgraded to 1x :rofl_200:

So for the time being, I am NOT AT ALL shifting from MTS and BSNL 3G and Videocon EDGE (speed I am getting is upto 200+ kbps max and at just Rs96/month U/L without any FUP).. Below is the speedtest result of Videocon EDGE network, which puts my BSNL 3G to shame while indoor (and further shame is BSNL 3G tower is located just 300m away from my home and by saying indoor I meant FIRST-FLOOR INDOORS and BSNL 3G wins Videocon EDGE only in SECOND FLOOR)...

1124178049.png

Edited by KanagaDeepan

But their launch offer is NOT good as MTS (Rs1998 = 1Month U/L + Reebok shoe + FREE USB Modem)

This could only be a special offer provided to you after seeing your usage pattern. Certainly not available in open market.

RCOM may provide much better offer if you can show them your usage pattern.

:previous:

It was an open offer but at much higher price of Rs. 3000 and not at Rs. 1998

Now that offer is no more.

Yes Kesav Ji, the offer is called the "LAUNCH OFFER", means the offer given to all who got MTS MBlaze connection on LAUNCH day itself.. This offer is NOT applicable even on the second day, well except those devices PRE-ACTIVATED by the dealers himself on LaunchDay :winko: .. Further MTS seems to be very smart in launching these LaunchOffers @ Rs1998 in towns where they are FIRST (pvt co) to launch EV-DO and launch @ Rs3000 if they are second or third, after RCdma and/or Tata...

What I am trying to say is, with that launch offer, MTS has swept away almost all potential customers from my town, even though it is prepaid.. When RCdma launch EV-DO they should atleast give offers so that those potential customers should leave that MTS device and buy their service like say -- Pay Rs2500, get U/L (same 12GB/month on EV-DO and then 1x) for 6 months + Device FREE.. But what they have given is "Get Device for Rs1600/- Rs330 for FRC to get 3GB in a month and Rs1/MB later"...

But it is very sad to see only Tata is left orphaned in CDMA space... Initially I was shocked on hearing the (still a) rumour that TataIndicom was going to be taken by MTS.. But now, that seems to be a much better option for them considering their as fast as SNAIL in increasing EV-DO coverage, even in the circles where they have lost 3G license for DoCoMo...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Ok Guys, Yesterday I took the plunge and bought the HSD card (prepaid lifetime validity) and with FRC of 330, I have been offered 5GB for 30 days...

I have been using the connection since morning in my Factory and the HSD card clings onto HSD signals instantly and it got connected, and have been browsing/downloading at speeds upto 1mbps..

1126476923.png

I hope I dont get any surprises later.. :)

Edited by Greatest

But the quality of EV-DO (atleast in my town Sivakasi and Rajapalayam) is nowhere near that of Photon+ (in Kovai) or MTS in Sivakasi...

In their showroom, I got just 79kbps speed in speed test, with 100% HSIA coverage... They have NOT upgraded all their 1x towers to HSIA (only 2 towers out of 6 in Sivakasi)... But MTS has upgraded all its 4 towers to HSIA...

^^^

Why are TATA and Reliance neglecting Punjab for EVDO?

TATA is waiting for someone to come and build EV-DO network for FREE for them... They are NOT ready for some investments wrt CDMA, even if will be fruitful...

I think, RCom has got 3G license there and dont want their EV-DO to cannibalize it... But atleast in case of RCom, you have option for high-speed internet from their GSM wing...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Now the coverage reaches 520 cities/towns.

TN leads the coverage with 123 cities/towns followed by Maharastra(inc Mumbai) with 94 cities/towns.

Good time ahead for EVDO.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes Kesav, Reliance netconnect is the undisputed leader in TN with coverage of 123 towns/cities. I have myself used the service in Chennai(including airport), Madurai, & Tuticorin. While on trains, I have used their EVDO service at Villupuram, Rajapalayam, Virudhunagar & Kovilpatti. I was able to access 1x network with reasonable satisfaction while traveling in remote rural places on trains.

India adds 2.5 Lakh CDMA data card subscribers every month

By Nilabh Jha, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi, November 03, 2010

“In terms of net additions per month, both Reliance and Tata are in close competition. Both are adding one lakh customers a month with an additional 50,000 being added by MTS and the public sector operators.”

=========================================================================================================

http://www.themobileindian.com/news/368_India-adds-2.5-Lakh-CDMA-data-card-subscribers-every-month

The country has more than 3 million EVDO data card users. RCom is the biggest player in the space with more than half the market share. Despite success, CDMA operators are secretive about subscriber figures.

In a country where broadband targets have continuously been missed, CDMA operators have crossed the three million subscriber mark with their EVDO data cards, which provides high speed internet access.

According to research done by Telecom Yatra, CDMA operators are adding around 2.5 lakh data card subscribers per month. Also, the absence of 3G data cards has proved to be a big factor in success story of CDMA data cards.

Amongst the CDMA operators, Reliance is the biggest player in the data card business with about 55 per cent market share, and Tata Indicom is the second with close to 35 per cent share.

On the other hand, MTS - the new operator in the space is a distant third with 2.5 lakh subscribers.

Public sector operators BSNL and MTNL, who also have CDMA networks, are only marginal players. BSNL has upped the ante and hopes to capture a bigger market share in this lucrative market.

In terms of net additions per month, both Reliance and Tata are in close competition. Both are adding one lakh customers a month with an additional 50,000 being added by MTS and the public sector operators.

In the vendor space, Chinese equipment manufacturers have captured almost the entire dongle market in India. ZTE has 43 per cent market share while Huawei has close to 55 per cent. Together they have been able to push more than 5 million dongles to operators.

The dongles business is very lucrative for CDMA operators - while their average revenue per user (ARPU) hovers at around Rs 111; ARPU for data cards is more than Rs 700.

Given the importance of the business each operator has already chalked out plans for expanding their EVDO network. RCom plans to expand its Netconnect (Its wireless internet brand) service to 600 towns and cities from the current 69 cities. MTS is also planning to take its MBLaze service to more than 100 cities. Right now it is available in 84 cities; while Tata Photon plus is available in 76 cities.

Operators are also thinking of upgrading to next generation EVDO Rev B platform which will enable them to offer speeds up to 14.3 Mbps. However, none of them have committed a time period for this upgrade.

So far, CDMA operators have had no competition from GSM operators in data connectivity from. But with the launch of 3G in the offing they will soon have to face the onslaught of HSPA data cards. Though HSPA data cards will offer similar speeds, being a GSM product can help their brand.

Kunal Bajaj, director, Analysis Mason, had a different perspective, "I don't think CDMA camp will face any threat from GSM camp in this space. It will in fact help in expanding the market. Moreover, 3G operators will also have to carry voice in this limited bandwidth available to them, so they will not be very keen on pure play dongle business, I think they will use 3G to provide better value added services".

Despite being successful, CDMA operators other than MTS refused to share the number of dongles sold by them. The probable reason for this could be the criticism from GSM operators that CDMA operators are getting unfair advantage as they are able to offer 3G services (EVDO is a 3G standard) without paying for it, While GSM operators have to pay a huge spectrum fee.

In the following Economic times article, MTS claims that they are adding “60,000 to 70,000 data customers every month”

“Sistema Shyam open to merger call in India”

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/sistema-shyam-open-to-merger-call-in-india/articleshow/7368900.cms

“We are adding 60,000 to 70,000 data customers every month, and I see trends of improving Arpu in the coming months,”

I think after reaching 500 cities/towns, Reliance has gone back to sleeping mode.

:NOTriste: :NOTriste: :NOTriste:

:unexp: :unexp: :unexp:

Come on Reliance, although the wood is dark and deep there're miles to cover before you sleep.

Keep up the momentum.....

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

They seem to be just selectively adding few more towns. Three more towns from TN: Arupukottai , Attur, Denkanikotai., taking total TN count to 126. I think MTS/Tata cannot match RCOM for EVDO capacity in RoTN: as RCOM has 5MHz CDMA spectrum (Chennai+RoTN), while Tata has 5MHz in merely Chennai(2.5 in RoTN), and MTS has just 2.5MHz (Chennai+RoTN).

I think they are waiting for other 3g operators to cover 100 towns, before they start expanding EVDO coverage further, as per this interview :)

"...3g will first come to the top 100 cities. RCOM will compete in the first 100 cities on 3G, but difference is that by then we will have our data card services in 500 cities and CDMA-based 1x data services in about 20,000 towns. .. "

@

Edited by pajat

I was in Chennai for a week almost, and been enjoying Rel BB+ at the following speeds,

1191687240.png

Sirji when i was in Nashik i got downloading speed of 325kbps/sec

I was in Chennai for a week almost, and been enjoying Rel BB+ at the following speeds,

1191687240.png

This looks too good to be true....I normally get about 1Mbps from Netconnect+, at my home in Chennai....May be you were very-near/on-top of a tower....:)

1192625293.png

In the past I have got 1mbps. When I checked now I just got .51 mbps

As a general advice, never buy any data card (Netconnect/Photon+/MTS/...) without getting a demo at your place of interest. Speed often vary depending upon network coverage. In my opinion, Netconnect is better than the rest, and one can preferably ask them first for a demo.

Edited by pajat

1191687240.png

Hey, there seem to be some problem in you speedtest results. During my speedtest result above from Chennai, when Mumbai server was selected, the result has "Server: Mumbai(650 miles)" info. But, in your case its "Server: Mumbai(<50 miles)". Are you sure you did the test from Chennai, and not while in Mumbai ??

Edited by pajat

Rev B is coming in Reliance in few month so speed will boost to 4.8 mbps on single carrier and 9.6 mbps on Dual Carrier, Rev B Capable mobile is not available but dual carrier means Users will be shared between 2 carrier

How come speed can go beyond theoretical max speed of 3.1 Mbps in a Rev A n/w ??

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

Even if we assume Reliance has soft launched Rev. B n/w in Chennai, the device in question should not have supported Rev. B.........

Are we missing something??

Edited by kesav

Hey, there seem to be some problem in you speedtest results. During my speedtest result above from Chennai, when Mumbai server was selected, the result has "Server: Mumbai(650 miles)" info. But, in your case its "Server: Mumbai(<50 miles)". Are you sure you did the test from Chennai, and not while in Mumbai ??

How come speed can go beyond theoretical max speed of 3.1 Mbps in a Rev A n/w ??

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

Even if we assume Reliance has soft launched Rev. B n/w in Chennai, the device in question should not have supported Rev. B.........

Are we missing something??

Didn't you guys notice this in Kunal's Case....The SuperHero Image

av-36433.png

And The Tagline...."I am Greatest and the fastest... No one is even closer to me.. : "

So Theory or Rules of Physics Do Not Apply Here... Riendo.gif

Let him Enjoy The Momentary Glory...Lolz

• Like 2