Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajeshkatiyar

Reliance HSD / EVDO / Netconnect Broadband+ coverage update

Rev B is coming in Reliance in few month so speed will boost to 4.8 mbps on single carrier and 9.6 mbps on Dual Carrier, Rev B Capable mobile is not available but dual carrier means Users will be shared between 2 carrier

How did you know this? Or just a mere guess??

Any info on EVDO coverage expansion beyond 500 cities?

:previous:

:signthankspin: ravi for the terrific share.... Makes really interesting reading... but not too sure how it will benefit the mango man's usage and cost. One thing is certain - they want to eliminate all 'free lunches' which will be good news for the financial people, but then the mango man will have to pay up more, month after month. Not too sure, if the mango man will take kindly to this and allow RCOM to charge higher or use MNP to switch elsewhere. And the GSM network being what it is (as we all know it) I doubt if the mango man can willingly afford to pay more for poor services.

welcome kumaar..

may be 1 should be buying rcom stock besides using the power of mnp.

ravi_patent,

We have to read the following two statements from the earnings-call-transcript together:

"the CDMA high speed data has been rolled out to nearly 500 towns and 3G services is currently being launched in over 150 towns."

"Having now rolled out high speed data in more than 500 towns and another 100 - 150 towns to go,"

I did listen to their conference call twice, first-time live, and then the second time replay. I think they actually use the "150" to mean their 3g service towns, and not EVDO expansion. I would however be delighted if they actually meant EVDO.

pajat

my observation was from the text of the con call. may b u r right.but my guess is wherever Rcom is not having 3g gsm license (like AP TN),they will rely on evdo and we customers can take benefits of competition .So evdo expansion/support can be taken for granted.moreover if voice customers are leaving bcos of MNP then it will boost wireless speeds.blessing in disguise

Edited by ravi_patent

though I am late.. I am happy to see Rajanbhai saying such good things about me..

And, all, I was in Vepery of Chennai while I did this test... the signal level was full...

MTS: "..MBlaze services to over 5 lakh customers in the country.."

http://telecomtalk.info/mts-crosses-10-million-subscriber-mark-offers-htc-smartphone-free/59669/

Airhell guys in reliance are in a mood to destroy Rcom..network (EVDO) is not upto the mark.

Did you guys look at the new prepaid tariffs?? I could not yet recharge the new ones online though :(

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet.html

All the plans are available for online recharge now :)

Rs. 180 Broadband+ 250MB Pack 30 Days

Rs. 200 Broadband+ 1GB Pack 1 week

Rs. 250 Broadband+ 350MB Pack 30 Days

Rs. 350 Broadband+ 500MB Pack 30 Days

Rs. 715 Broadband+ 1GB Pack 30 Days

Rs. 800 Broadband+ 5GB on HSD speeds + Unlimited free Usage on 1x speeds 30 Days

Rs. 1000 Broadband+ 10GB on HSD speeds + Unlimited free Usage on 1x speeds 30 Days

Rs. 1200 Broadband+ 15GB on HSD speeds + Unlimited free Usage on 1x speeds 30 Days

Rs. 1500 Broadband+ 6GB Pack 3 Months

Rs. 3000 Broadband+ 18GB Pack 6 Months

postpaid guys are cheated by reliance with 950 silver you get 5GB on HSD speeds + Unlimited free Usage on 1x speeds 30 Days...for perpaid you pay only 800 for same plan..why 150 rupees more....cheating by reliance.

• Like 1

HI

i am from Jodhpur,, rajasthan ... and city like Udaipur and Ajmer.. hav EVDO... but Jodhpur.... God Knows when Reliance shall start it .....

:previous:

Rajasthan.....forget about EVDO.....

Reliance expands EVDO only in the circles where they don't have HSDPA spectrum...

Jodhpur is already covered with HSDPA...Enjoy...

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/3G/HTML/index.html

postpaid guys are cheated by reliance with 950 silver you get 5GB on HSD speeds + Unlimited free Usage on 1x speeds 30 Days...for prepaid you pay only 800 for same plan..why 150 rupees more....cheating by reliance

My dear friend, for new customers 5GB plan actually cost only Rs. 750 on postpaid segment when Rs. 200 discount is considered.

One of my friend was using 3GB + 10GB Night plan...

when he contacted Relaince for termination of his Broadband+ the retention team offerend him same plan for Rs 600

Previously he was paying around 1000(was paying Rs.800 for initial year)

For Delhi/NCR... which is better Reliance Broadband+ or Tata Photon?

my friend wants to purchase one, confused which one to buy,

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/aboutus/ir/pdf/RCOM_1Q_FY12_Press_Release.pdf

” RCOM has the largest, widest ‘wireless broadband data‘ network in the country. The recently launched 3G network (13 circles) provides coverage in 333 towns having 2 Mn. subscriber as of June 30, 2011. Our nationwide High Speed Data network on CDMA provides coverage in more than 800 towns. We provide unparallel ‘wireless broadband experience in over 1,100 towns as of June, 2011.”

So, they seem to have extended the EVDO coverage to 800 towns from 500 few months back. :clap:

They have expanded most of the cities in tamilnadu, i can get HSD in most places where i travel.

I stay in Ambernath (Near Ulhasnagar/Kalyan, Dist-Thane, you can say one of the Mumbai Suburbs).

I have purchased the Broadband+ USB Device from Reliance web store more than one year back. From day one I have subscribed for monthly Rs.500 postpaid plan. At the time of purchasing, the web store guy has promised me that the broadband+ network will be very soon coming to Ambernath. But now its more than one year time and I am using the connection only to get 1x speed by paying Broadband+ plans rental. I agree that I take benefit of the broadband+ network whenever I be in Mumbai, but still not happy as I cant enjoy the broadband+ speed in Ambernath.

I have brought this thing many times to reliance Customer Care and Web Stores, but still nothing has been done in that direction.

Can somebody help me with the proper contact authority to whom I can highlight this matter and get a solution as early as possible.

Awaiting reply from all the friends who can guide me in this matter.

I visited Amritsar last week. No Broadband+ signal on my Huawei EC1262. I had to make do with 1x. :-(

Strange no coverage in West Bengal except(Kolkata) and nothing mentioned about coverage in Orrisa on reliance website.

Even new 3g gsm players have provided excellent 3g services even in small towns but reliance being old player do not have their evdo coverage in those places.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reliance netconnect plus services are not available in my city.

I am from Amritsar (Punjab)

Btw only 3 cities are covered by this service which is the least number of cities covered in any state throughout India.

I contacted webworld and have sent mails to customer care.

No satisfactory answers were provided.

I know you may find it silly but is there any way Reliance people start this service and cover other cities in Punjab.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>