Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
iammanuarora

Reliance SMS Blackout Days

just going through reliance website and i found reliance too had made list of blackout days for 2010 for new suscribers...+"From 20thAug'10 onwards, all new Sms Pack subscribers shall not get the pack benefits on 5 mentioned Blackout Days". For referring to the Blackout Days for your circle http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/prepaid/pdf/Blackout_Days.pdf

• Like 1

What is this? I got  a new number on 22. Does it mean I have to face these blackout days?

RCOM is going just opposite to what it was in last year. Hope the benefits are not snatched from old customers atleast. :NOTriste:

RCOM is going just opposite to what it was in last year. Hope the benefits are not snatched from old customers atleast.

Last year there are NO ex-Airtel guys in RCom... :angry: :angry: Wait for a few days for the benefits to be snatched from old customers too...

If they started SMS-BlackOutDays for old customers too, then I will surely remove those 1p SMS packs from my 2 RGSM numbers...

Now their only advantage is RoamingSMS... Wait, I heard BSNL also allows FREE/1p National SMS to be used in roaming (for prepaid only).. Any BSNL users please confirm...

Tata also allows FREE National SMS to be used in roaming.. I am using it (for postpaid) with my BB..

So with BlackOutDays, RCom SMS offers may NOT be as cheap/useful as earlier...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Beware of BSNL SMS Packs i once took it ans was sending it by those Service. and People Complained they got 20 or 30 same SMS which i sent only one copy to them.

same here I got new rgsm number last week :( this is not acceptable from reliance ( now how they can claim simply reliance?)

:previous:

Yes... Now RCom's offers should be called as "24x7 Badalta Reliance" offers...

Beware of BSNL SMS Packs i once took it ans was sending it by those Service. and People Complained they got 20 or 30 same SMS which i sent only one copy to them.

Ya with BSNL this is an usual problem. Also sometimes incoming SMS from other networks repeat for more than 10 times

Reliance BLACKOUT days - Is it applicable for post-paid?

Nothing is mentioned in their website.

I mailed to service assurance cell and they say there are no black out days. Customer care also says the same thing. How to reach a conclusion? Or we have to wait till next black out day to find out?

:previous:

Yes... Now RCom's offers should be called as "24x7 Badalta Reliance" offers...

Awesome name.Contento.gif

I mailed to service assurance cell and they say there are no black out days. Customer care also says the same thing. How to reach a conclusion? Or we have to wait till next black out day to find out?

Thats the only way to be sure about anything... Decepcionado.gif

Yes.. We have to fire an SMS on Diwali to find out the answer.. But I think, by that time RCom may change their mind to charge even old customers on those black-out days...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

If this all things continues.... reliance will loss many of its subscribers once the MNP is launch..... wake up RELIANCE before its toooooooo late.....

For Maharashtra 11th Sep was a black out day...

Old customer was charged 1ps per msg :clap:

I have one question.

I got my Reliance GSM connection in Dec. 2009.

After 20th Aug. 2010 many times I activated and deactivated sms pack.

So, am I going to suffer from this blackout days?

My last activation of SMS pack was on 18th Nov. 2010

Yes, you will not be able to send out SMS' on all blackout days.

Talk to CCE for clearer picture.

Not be able to send or will he be charged?

Yes, you will not be able to send out SMS' on all blackout days.

Talk to CCE for clearer picture.

Forgot to add one detail....

I had activated and deactivated SMS packs before 20Th Aug. 2010 also.

Still am I going to suffer??

EDIT : Just spoke to CCE and she told me that Blackout days are applicable for all Reliance users(Old as well as new) even after telling about 20th Aug. 2010 date which is mentioned on their website. She told me that it is applicable for ALL the customers (as showing in their system). SMS charges will get deducted from Main Balance. :NOTriste:

Edited by saurabh28

HI,

2011 Blackout Days for rcom.....

MAIN LINK DOWNLOAD

RCOM WEBSITE

Edited by kk999

Tata Indicom SMS Blackout days:

• New Year (1 Jan)
  • Friendship Day (7 Aug)
  • Diwali (26 Oct)
  • Christmas (25 Dec)
  • New Year Eve (31 Dec)

Customers with free SMS in their tariff plan and SMS Add on pack users will be charged for SMS sent on SMS Black out days as per the SMS rates on their tariff plan.

just got a sms from reliance saying that my sms pack shall not be valid on the following days for 2011 (chennai circle)

1. new year

2. sankranthi

3. valentines day

4. diwali

5. independence day.

even though reliance introduced black out days from 20th aug 2010, existing sms pack subscribers were not charged on blackout days. but i guess even existing members shall be charged from 2011 onwards

hi i would just like to mention here that even though i receieved an sms stating that i shall be charged on blackout days,i was NOT charged on new years eve and new year day.

When I called *222, 2 months back, they have said that the blackout days have been removed. But if anyone has amy specific link or e mail then please post it here.

Thanks

RCom has become too much unpredictable nowadays... Can't find whether they are hero or villan??? May be a comedy piece also... :rofl_200: