Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raccoon

Now Docomo Starts Overcharging

One of my friends has bought a new Uninor (Mah & Goa) number. Both of us are in Poona. Today I discovered that Docomo is charging me STD tariff for all calls to this local Uninor number! Unexpected.gif

My local tariff is 1p/2s and STD is 5p/6s. They are coolly charging the latter tariffs for the Uninor number. What is good is that they have usage details of last few calls on their website, and my observations were confirmed thru the call records also. Don't know if they are doing this to other Uninor numbers too, so beware guys!

And people say Tata is known for honesty and all that shebang! This is not done, Docomo. nono.gif

Well, to be fair, it may not be deliberate but its very difficult to imagine such lapses in today's systems.

Needless to say I have raised a complaint. Lets see how they respond.

Edited by raccoon

Docomo is showing its 'true face' :Contento:

Send an email to social@tatadocomomarketing.com or listen@tatadocomo.com highlighting this issue. Someone will take care of it.

Alternatively, if you have a twitter account send them a tweet. http://twitter.com/tatadocomo

Edited by ipkonfig

previous.gif Thanks, but as I mentioned, I have already registered a complaint thru online chat. I guess I should wait for sometime before complaining thru other avenues.

They closed my complaint today, after 3 days, simply by sending me an SMS stating that I have been charged properly as per my plan. ranting.gif

Dashed off a mail with screen shot to their Nodal Officer.

@ipkonfig, the email id you mentioned (social@tatadocomomarketing.com) belongs to who? The usual useless customer care or someone higher up?

@ipkonfig, the email id you mentioned (social@tatadocomomarketing.com) belongs to who? The usual useless customer care or someone higher up?

It is the email id of someone who is high up the food chain. I had used it to make them refund me approximately 75/- (which was wrongly charged).

Edited by ipkonfig

previous.gif Thanks. I sent them a copy of the mail.

And how did they wrongly charge you, if I may ask?

Still no resolution by Tata Docomo. Reminders fetch "we are working on it" messages. Don't know how long they will keep working on it while I loose money. mad.gif Really pissed with Docomo...

And how did they wrongly charge you, if I may ask?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

There is a fabled game pack for Tata Docomo, which goes by the name of Nazara Games Club. They activated this pack without informing me. The rental for the service was 15/- per week.

When I contacted them initially, they stated that I had activated the pack on my own. I do not use that connection and one fine morning when I recharged it, I find that 15/- was instantly deducted from the main balance. They kept on doing it until I lost about 75/-.

Some of the customer care agents did not have any idea of this game pack. According to them NGC (Nazara Games Club pack)stands for National Geographic Channel pack!

I was thinking about throwing away the sim (I mentioned this fact to the higher authorities too, when they had called me). Ultimately, they stopped the service effectively and recharged my prepaid account for 100/- as compensation.

previous.gif Aha... so even Tata has caught the infection from Airtel! Don't know why people consider Tata companies so above board...

Anyway, at least you got refund and that too with compensation. Airtel is above such niceties...

oops! I guess you guys wont buy my story then :) I had recharged my DoCoMo with 96rs. to avail the 6GB gprs offer. Everything went fine till the data useage exceeded 2GB 'cos after that they charged me @ 10p/50kb. I was totally unaware of the folly and went with ahead my browsing/downloading. After some time on disconnecting from the net, I was up for a shock as rs.66 was deducted from my balance. I was so pissed off and was going to call their customer care in some time. But before that i got a SMS from them stating that they had undergone some technical problem and that they are crediting my account with rs.66 ''AS A TOKEN OF GRATITUDE'' :P YEP! those were the very words that they used. LOL

Token of gratitude my foot! First they loot then act as if they are oh-so-gracious! Anyway, you got your dough back without even asking... maybe it was some genuine bug.

thats the irony :P loot and then showing ''token of gratitude''. I still got that SMS saved in my phone.

They fixed the issue few days back. Getting billed correctly now. Took them a month to fix it and that after several reminders and a complaint to DOT.