Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tanveer

Water Purifier System

Tanveer you might got confuse after having so many advice.

so what are you thinking to buy otherwise this topic will go on and on....

I am in situation here, need some suggestion here,

Posting here as no need for new topic for this thing as its not related to mobile but its technology

I live in a area where tap water is only from 8am to 12am max.

Dont have any tank to store water as its rented house. and society dont have any storage facility .

My baby is just 5 month old. and wife drinks water only after boiling it for 10min on GAS.

So is there any water purifier for my need. where we dont have 24/7 water flow.

need some suggestion in offline water purifiers.

Water in pune almost safe, but these rainy days cant depend on municipal corporation to supply good quality water.

by using water purifiers Is there any way to avoid boiling of water every time ?

budget is not the constraint here.

For young babis upto 15 months 20 minutes boiled water is safest. Store it in taped container. Metal containers are prefered.

New offline selfstorage purifiers of tata and lever are good for adult. As they al use plastgics and water stored in plastic has always leeched chemicals.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

On Kalpak's advice, I had taken aquaguard UV and have been happy with it. No issues so far.

Hiteshbhai this may be a low technology solution but aren't those Bisleri 20 Litre Cans available in your area. They generally cost Rs 50-60 and the dispenser deposit should be around Rs 250. I suggest you to consider this because it saves you the capital cost now in investing a storage water purifier which may become redundant later when you shift into a house with running tap water. You can buy a necessary model then.

Can't confirm on quality of water in this though. Experts can comment.

^^^

Not having good brands around my area, one guy suggested me a company, but after looking closely found out that it is mfg in slum area of pune,

So not going to take any risk . only option left is to carry a 20L bottle from my office to home. (on bike)

This method is not full proof as mostly I am out of station. no one to manage bottle thing.

So I am looking for water purifier

@ Hitesh bhai, I would suggest you go for a R.O. It got a storage tank and turns on/off according to water supply so you dont need to worry about turning on and off.

In my appartment, we have borewell water having TDS of 2600PPM as primary water supply. Please suggest online RO system for Drinking as well as for all household uses. without treatment we cannot even take bath with such high TDS water.

Suggestion Needed for RO/UV Filter

Dear Friends I am looking for a RO/UV filter for my home. i wanted a RO for almost 2 years so i am not interested in investing huge amount. we are family of 3 so water consumption is not very high.

i am looking for RO with water storage of 5-8L.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

@Manish, Look for this topic http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/26757-water-purifier-system/page__hl__%2Bwater+%2Bpurifier__fromsearch__1 its already discussed.

Mods- plz merge this post with Water Purifier topic.

<< Topic Merged >>

thanks for merging the topic :)

Afaik, Delhi people get yamuna water and it is soft. If tds levels are less than 350 ro is useless and unhealthy. Get water checked with corporation lab or may be eureka Forbes.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Talking of Eureka Forbes. I want to point out about a bitter experience that I recently had. The guy that installed my filter came just under one year telling me that service was due and had to change the "candles". Unsuspecting, I let him do whatever was required and he charged me about 1100 bucks for the same. Gave me a receipt with the title "Aqua help" or something.

A month or so later another gentleman walked in and said that he had come for service. He showed his i card and checked the system and said that fake candles had been installed in the purifier. He then told that such cases are increasingly being reported and the salesmen who are not permanent employees are doing such things to fleece innocent customers. I am sure such things are happening with other products. Just saying so that next time someone comes for service, you should double check whether he is a genuine person or not.

^^^^

Even my family is also victim of such people,2 years back someone from mahanagar gas came to my house and asked for the change of pipe of the CNG gas line,he claimed to be from mahanagar gas,then after few days we came to know that he was fake one selling those accesories.

Meanwhile in my house we are using Aquaguard old model same for last 25 years & have been not facing any problem.we have also issued AMC contract every year with this company.

Guys, any good place to buy TDS meter. Approximate price? Want to buy it so that I can check myself when is the time to call service. :)

Guys, any good place to buy TDS meter. Approximate price? Want to buy it so that I can check myself when is the time to call service. :)

Scientific Shops near Chandni Chowk/Ajmeri gate. Cost around 1~2K

• Like 1

Thanks Dhiraj. :)

Any online source?

Edit: There are many models of TDS meters on ebay.in ranging from 650/- to 1500/-. How to choose? :doh:

Edited by mgdelhi

TDS meters measure conductivity of water and it is calibrated for translating in to TDS. So most of them are good to measure TDS but battery tend to get leak and damage meters. So for home use any thing is good as TDS is used to know initial quality of water.

For those who wants to read further about water hardness / decriminalized water related WHO recommendation, please read this PDF.

nutdemineralized.pdf

• Like 2

There are a lot of companies for RO these days. It is not necessary that brand is always good. I supply material to a lot of RO making companies. Majority of the brands do not manufacture Ro's themselves. They have different moulders assigned for manufacturing them and in the end label them. The same factory produces RO's for multiple brands. That's how it is.

Dheeraj ji's experiment was the best. If somehow you have the knowledge of basic parts of RO you can have an RO for a very cheap price. They start from around 3K. The main thing in the RO is the RO membrane. In my opinion the one's manufactured by LG Dow of USA are the best. There is another US company whose name starts with 'V' (I dont remember the exact name) which supplies RO membranes. Even you have already purchased an RO you can easily replace the membranes. The membrane actually costs around Rs. 700 but is sold in the market from Rs. 1500 above.

Water is our dire necessity and in today's condition I think that having an RO is a must.

Manuj Gupta

• Like 1

:previous:

Nice Info Bro

I have been using Kent ro water purifier for the past 5 years. Only after 5 years I had to change 2 filters in the system. Till that it never gave me any problem. Water purification is very good. Till now eureka forbes did not have a uv + ro purifier. So even though I'm completely satisfied with Kent I would suggest you to go for eureka forbes became that's a much better known company with a. Better reputation than Kent.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk