Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gaurangbhartia

Akey Generation

Hello Every1,

I had a lot of problems lately (mostly due to lack of knowlege) :P generating Akey... There is not much on the web... So from whatever I knowlegde I have gained in the past few weeks, I am posting it on the Forum for other members to use.

Akey Generation (Points to Remember) :

- Akey should be 20 digit Decimal (0-9)

- Akey should not start with 0 (preferable first 4 digits should not be 0) [ this is because HLR converts Decimal Akey to Hex and then back to Decimal. In case the digits have preceeding 0, there may be a conflict as the HLR adds zeros to the end rathar than starting. This happens in case of Some ISPs. However this may not be true for all ISPs]

- First 2 digits of the Akey has to be less than 18 [Actually it has to be less than 184xxxxxxx, but generate something lower just to be safe ]

- Checksum Can be generated using CDMA WS by entering pE$n/E$n

- Checksum is only required to feed the akey in the handset, the ISP does not need it.

Furthermore, I have noticed that for better compatibility, It is better to get the Akey generated by the ISP through HLR and then feed it in the handset. [Though everyone may not be lucky enough for this.]

I will update this thread with any new info I get...

Last but not the least I would like to thank Muffy Bhai and Hitesh Bhai for the help and co-operation they have extended to me. (Specially to Muffy bhai who has kept up with the 100000000s of questions I have asked him and that I continue asking him everyday ! :P )

Hope the other members find this information usefull.

-Gaurang

[PS: DO NOT CHANGE AKEY OF YOUR HANDSET If it is able to make outgoing calls. ]

Good info.Thanks.

Techies please explain a bit for laymen like me about A key and it's use and significance.

Hello Every1,

I had a lot of problems lately (mostly due to lack of knowlege) :P generating Akey... There is not much on the web... So from whatever I knowlegde I have gained in the past few weeks, I am posting it on the Forum for other members to use.

Akey Generation (Points to Remember) :

- Akey should be 20 digit Decimal (0-9)

- Akey should not start with 0 (preferable first 4 digits should not be 0) [ this is because HLR converts Decimal Akey to Hex and then back to Decimal. In case the digits have preceeding 0, there may be a conflict as the HLR adds zeros to the end rathar than starting. This happens in case of Some ISPs. However this may not be true for all ISPs]

- First 2 digits of the Akey has to be less than 18 [Actually it has to be less than 184xxxxxxx, but generate something lower just to be safe ]

- Checksum Can be generated using CDMA WS by entering pE$n/E$n

- Checksum is only required to feed the akey in the handset, the ISP does not need it.

Furthermore, I have noticed that for better compatibility, It is better to get the Akey generated by the ISP through HLR and then feed it in the handset. [Though everyone may not be lucky enough for this.]

I will update this thread with any new info I get...

Last but not the least I would like to thank Muffy Bhai and Hitesh Bhai for the help and co-operation they have extended to me. (Specially to Muffy bhai who has kept up with the 100000000s of questions I have asked him and that I continue asking him everyday ! :P )

Hope the other members find this information usefull.

-Gaurang

[PS: DO NOT CHANGE AKEY OF YOUR HANDSET If it is able to make outgoing calls. ]

Ellaborate with Simple English Please for the benefit of wider community and technically challenged!!

^^^

rajan you need not worry

i am there to help u , when need arises

^^^

rajan you need not worry

i am there to help u , when need arises

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

Soon baby soon......... AKEY Generating an AKEY Writting software will be released but its not needed.

So dont discuss and confuse and

Reliance will do OTAFED AKEY Soon no need to make it, Genrate it, Feed it,

Till date I did't find any need of A key in any handsets

When A key is req???

Till date I did't find any need of A key in any handsets

When A key is req???

EVDO ?

Ok... Here is a bit more in simple english...

Akey is required to be generated if you purchase(or sum1 gifts u.. ;) )a foreign CDMA handset

AND it has MEID

AND you want to activate it with Tata ( i dunno whether other ISPs like Reliance, MTS etc use akey or not) without putting it to the e$n mode.

If above is the case, then you need to generate an akey, feed it in the handset and give the SAME akey that you generated for registration with Tata Indicom to make the calls work.

If your phone is already activated and you are able to make calls, then no need to bother seeing this section.

OR

If you have purchased you phone from Rimweb community members (Like Saddik, Muffy, Dkaile, HetalDP, Hitesh, and others) .. then no need to worry... they would have already done the needful before your phone reaches you. :P

@ hetal bhai - My intention is not to confuse people. It is to help anyone who needs some info for akey, since this is not available anywhere on the web. I have specifically posted this on the technical/programming section for the same reason. Furthermore, I had assumed/hoped that people who read this thread will already know about the Akey (since you need to know about Akey before knowing how to generate it)... thats why the title is "Akey Generation - Points to remember.. " not just Akey...

Btw, feel free to close the thread if you think that this thread is inappropriate.... :)

@Evrey1else- Akey is used only to activate/make outgoing calls(Voice). I think Muffy bhai told me Akey is not related to EVDO.

PS: PUTTING WRONG AKEY WILL BLOCK YOUR PHONE. So Please be careful while doing anything related to it.

Edited by gaurangbhartia

^^^^ Latest update.... tata has made akey compulsory even for e$n... my 8830 not getting programmed on tata. Have given the akey to be updated

Let's see on Monday ....

yes this akey discussion is needed

forget reliance

Reliance will push it OTA soon

akey is big menace in TATA , and its good to discuss it

forum has tata users too

^^^^ Latest update.... tata has made akey compulsory even for e$n... my 8830 not getting programmed on tata. Have given the akey to be updated

Let's see on Monday ....

Yes, now a days TATA is not accepting most of the foreign esn which earlier they were accepting without any issues.

The error that is shown in their system is "this esn is not present in a_key database" or something like that.

Edited by tushar_163

Give me an esn to be programmed.

Will give it a try or at least will try to find a solution.

Give me an esn to be programmed.

Will give it a try or at least will try to find a solution.

check your PM .

Has anyone else also faced the same issue of Tata not accepting esn recently ?

Thanks in advance

Yes... My 8830 is not getting activated since a week...

Sumit... are u hearing???? Now its your turn to help :-)

Yes, now a days TATA is not accepting most of the foreign esn which earlier they were accepting without any issues.

The error that is shown in their system is "this esn is not present in a_key database" or something like that.

Very TRUE... This happened for my BB8830 from Verizon too... After few tricks, it was made activated... Seems programming Tata number in foreign handsets nowadays is like pain in where u know..

Doesn't 8830 accept ruim card ? you can get an OMH sim for tata, transfer your number to it and insert it in 8830 to use it ....

PS: I am assuming that you have the world edition of 8830 and that omh sims work in 8830 (my reliance ruim works)... Its worth a try...

One more thing...don't activate the omh sim using this phone...use any tata ruim enabled phone to transfer your number to the omh sim and once the new sim is activated, insert it in your 8830....

Do lemme know.... I'll try my best to help you in whatever way i can.. :)

Edited by gaurangbhartia

Doesn't 8830 accept ruim card ? you can get an OMH sim for tata, transfer your number to it and insert it in 8830 to use it ....

PS: I am assuming that you have the world edition of 8830 and that omh sims work in 8830 (my reliance ruim works)... Its worth a try...

One more thing...don't activate the omh sim using this phone...use any tata ruim enabled phone to transfer your number to the omh sim and once the new sim is activated, insert it in your 8830....

Do lemme know.... I'll try my best to help you in whatever way i can.. :)

Did anyone finally manage akey on tata? How does it work? Whom do we have to give the akey to?

I tried everything including a nodal escalation at Tata Indicom but doesnt seem to work. EVen gave them an Akey.

^^

You have to give them an Akey with your MEID/ESN. You also have to feed the same Akey on your handset. Once this is done, you will have to activate the handset by dialing *228.

I suggest you get in touch with technical support and/or the Tat Hub. (Btw, U can even ask Sadik Bhai, Muffy Bhai etc... they might be able to help you better for registration)

If you have already escalated it to nodal, ask them to generate an Akey and you feed it in your handset. With tata that is always the better option.

It also depends on whether you are using prepaid or postpaid.

You first have to get your phone registered with prepaid department before getting it activated on postpaid. If you are directly trying to activate on postpaid, it will not work.

Edited by gaurangbhartia

Hi Guys

I finally flashed my Verizon to a Tata PRL and went to the Tata hub to get it activated on a prepaid number. They were initially reluctant to even try the loading of my new CDMA postpaid as they said *228 wont ask for a PIN. I tried and it did ask for the PIN

So they started trying. Now i get a 1x signal on the phone instead of Activation Required prior to loading anything. Till here everything was nice and hunky dory

Tata said that they are unable to do MIN programming as they dont have the MIN number. A mail to the technical department was responded by "ESN does not exist in the Akey database" which was expected but no worries.

Generated an Akey with checksum digits so that I can update my handset with the same and give Tata my ESN along with the ESN but the handset does not accept the Akey.

I updated it in the ##000000 menu where the Akey was blank. When I come out of the menu doing a save, it does not save the Akey in its records, tried many times but its just not helping. Can anybody let me know what is it I am doing incorrectly or is there a different crack for this

Anyone pls help

Hi Guys

I finally flashed my Verizon to a Tata PRL and went to the Tata hub to get it activated on a prepaid number. They were initially reluctant to even try the loading of my new CDMA postpaid as they said *228 wont ask for a PIN. I tried and it did ask for the PIN

So they started trying. Now i get a 1x signal on the phone instead of Activation Required prior to loading anything. Till here everything was nice and hunky dory

Tata said that they are unable to do MIN programming as they dont have the MIN number. A mail to the technical department was responded by "ESN does not exist in the Akey database" which was expected but no worries.

Generated an Akey with checksum digits so that I can update my handset with the same and give Tata my ESN along with the ESN but the handset does not accept the Akey.

I updated it in the ##000000 menu where the Akey was blank. When I come out of the menu doing a save, it does not save the Akey in its records, tried many times but its just not helping. Can anybody let me know what is it I am doing incorrectly or is there a different crack for this

Anyone pls help

I had gone through this same process about 8 months back, it doesn't work. Tata people don't know how to activate foreign Meid's.I had couple of friends in Tata technical team , after slogging for 3 days they were in the same delima as you have mentioned. SO i said TA-TA to tata , and i was on Reliance :Contento: :Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

^^

MNP is comming now good by to tata and welcome to Reliance for accepting foreign meid.

Thanks OP for all the info. Appreciated

Well the Tata guys have to feed the Akey that you have fed in your handset to their back-end servers. When the A-Key fed by you AND the one fed into Tata servers are the same, then you will be able to use your handset. :)

Hi Guys

Anyone pls help

I had gone through this same process about 8 months back, it doesn't work. Tata people don't know how to activate foreign Meid's.I had couple of friends in Tata technical team , after slogging for 3 days they were in the same delima as you have mentioned. SO i said TA-TA to tata , and i was on Reliance :Contento: :Contento: :Contento: :Contento: