Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sharatf

Foreign ESN On TATA Indicom Network

Hi,

I recently returned from USA along with my much loved Motorola Droid.

I was under the impression that CDMA operators (Reliance, Tata, MTS, etc.) here will accept foreign ESN phones, so was very excited about the same. :Sorprendido:

But I've been facing problems on this front for the past couple of weeks ever since I started approaching all the operators here in Kerala.

Reliance folks said that they don't accept foreign ESN at all.

But the Tata guys were much more receptive. They were ready to load my phone on their network.

Unfortunately, when they tried to load my ESN, they said that it's not in their database and could not be done :NOTriste:

As an alternative, they said they were willing to give me another ESN (from their database - some scrapped phone), which I'd have to change on my Droid myself, and they'd activate the same.

But as some of you may already know, this can't be done (so far) on the Moto Droid.

I humbly request the "Masters" of this forum to help me out with a possible solution to get my droid working on ANY of our CDMA networks.

Thanks

^^^

Now a days tata is having some problem with activation 

soon will find the work around.

if you want for reliance wait for some days, they will open.

• Like 1

Someone told me that the foreign ESN problem in TATA is because they are upgrading their systems or something.

And it will be resolved soon. Anyone else can confirm this ?

• Like 2

^

Wrong info, Tata is forcing A-key and is deactivating the MDN whose A-key Initial doesn't match.

Faced the same issue in my number but some how got it solved.

Reason is, Tata is getting a lot of complaints about billing issue and have seen lots of MDN cloned.

• Like 1

well even in reliance full AKEY implementation with HLR for all calls will be coming soon

so as to stop cloning or atleast put some breaks on it .

As far as TATA goes , they have started fully with CAVE in most major cities and henceforth getting esn/meid registered with them needs akey

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you all for your prompt responses.

It's helped me understand the system a little better :signthankspin:

I've also read elsewhere in this forum that and easier way to activate my Droid on Tata Indicom would be thru Prepaid rather than Postpaid connections.

Is that true?

Also, does anyone have an idea on when Reliance will start accepting phones like my Droid?

Thank you all once again.

Truly appreciate it :GirandoOjos:

Mufaddal sir, how do we get our ESN registered at reliance webworld ? Local WW guys don't know anything about it

^

Dont even discuss such things with local WW guys.

PM him if you need to know more about this. Need not to be discussed openly.

I want an Incredible for my existing Tata number.Is it possible to make one Incredible activated against my hTc Touch? Or the A-key issue is still there?

I will be in Mumbai next week.So I can spare my hTc Touch, if needed for such activation, to the Rimwebians who are having Incredibles in or around Mumbai. Please reply.