Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sush

Convert Data Cable To Charging Type!

Dear All

I have a normal USB data cable ,

but now i want a charging data cable ?

Is there a good solution ?

Pls advice , if i need to buy a new cable?

I do not think you can convert a data cable to a charging type. I think you need to buy a new charging usb cable

Dear All

I have a normal USB data cable ,

but now  i want a charging data cable ?

Is there a good solution ?

Pls advice , if i need to buy a new cable?

23139[/snapback]

The original USB data cable of Reliance doesnt charges the mobile while surfing. However, there are duplicate data cables, which have the facility of charging while surfing.

It is possible as the end points(point 1 and point 4 ) on a usb connector are power lines for 3.3 and 5.5 volts..

if you can somehow figure out which points on the cell phone connector are the power lines, you have got it done..

It is tricky if u r not in that biz but possible.... All the best

It is possible as the end points(point 1 and point 4 ) on a usb connector are power lines for 3.3 and 5.5 volts..

if you can somehow figure out which points on the cell phone connector are the power lines, you have got it done..

It is tricky if u r not in that biz but possible.... All the best

25890[/snapback]

Dear darth,

What are you suggesting ? Are you aware of the ill effect it can cause on the usb bus, I have a prototype USB-TO-SERIAL cable, that we have developed in house. We are using TI's BQ24020 for power and charging from the usb bus , direct power connection between your pc's usb bus and phones power circuit can lead to disastrous results.

Think about over current, short circuit, high dropout and many more.

friends

I am using a lg rd 6130 with a grey market data cable . plz help me if the cable can be used as a charger???

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

if the data cable is using the usb port .... then it could be possible.

the usb port provides power supply to the run the plug-in attachments. the same power could be (maybe) used to charge the cell also.

Yes you should be able to use it as a charger if it connects to your usb port.

Word of advice though - random charging & discharging DOES affect your battery life - no matter what some people say about Lithium-ion batteries!

What I do is dedicate one battery for my Samsung 563 for my internet needs and when I'm not on the internet I change over to my other and currently much more potent non-frequently charged/discharged battery!