Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
AmanJ

All about LG RD6000

features

VX6000 is the picture perfect example of technology and innovation. With its built-in camera, complete with zoom control and three resolution adjustments, the new VX6000 from LG creates a totally new experience for mobile users everywhere!

and also we can use BitPim properly :rolleyes:

i'd like 2 keep this post short n simple. :D

i've used dis phone for about a week now and i came across the foll. pts:

gud 1's :clap:

1. gr8 looks, u surely get into notice wid dis one

2. large n bright lcd

3. good camera, images r of 640x480 size, includes fun frames, 4 colours( colour, b&w, ambience n negative), self potrait , multi shot

4.large phone book with avtar.

5. easier group msging

7. fabulous speaker

8. easily acceible menu

9. voice memo , answering machine, call recording available.

bad 1's :blink:

1. R-WORLD. it has a brew software n many of services r not present......... eg videos, songs, games!!!!!!!!!

2. poor battery life. need 2 charge within 24 hrs

3. max of 20 photos from camera can be kept , including avtars

4.poor voice quality( not much can be expected from cdma)

5. no connectivity like blueetooth, irda.

6. only midi is supported and no other like wav, mp3, mmf etc

7. no video streaming(neither on r world)

8. mms only to rim users

conclusion - expected more but not a bad deal for 9799/-, gr8 if u just want to use it as a phone and not as a interactive device. lacks in basic features which other phones provide like larger memory, r-world services etc.

hope my post helped, for any q's just ask.

Thanks for the review gids, hope this helps many :clap:

Gids,

Does the rd6000 r-world have news videos (ajtak, cnbc etc)?

Also how are avatars  differnet from photographs?

Is there photo caller id ? Or Avatar caller id ?

TIA.

21658[/snapback]

nopes r-world in brew has no vids at all...... well until now

is LG rd 6000 freely available at ww for both pre and post??

how good is the pc sync?

is there pc sync using which we can upload midis and wallpapers?

does the pc sync provide pc to mobile sms text feature?

is the data cable included in the cost?

does it have assign ring feature (lacking in 7230)?

how good is the camera?

how much does the battery life last for a moderate user (not much R world)

is there group sms feature?

is reading the phone book quick and easy?

can numbers sent as text in an sms be saved in the phone book directly?

is it / will it be available in the openmarket? will the prices differ from the ones at ww?

Actually i have suffered with GTRAN and am planning to buy anew phone. I dont know if i should wait for Nokia or other handsets to come or should i buy rd6000 or 7230

Edited by tanveer

easy tanveer, 1 q at a time.....

i'll answer in the sequence u asked

1. it is available 2 both prepaid n post paid, but u'll have to confirm with the stock availability...... n thats a huge problem

2. don't have any data cable till yet but u can use bitpim i've heard its gr8.

3. bitpim again otherwise send a maill as follows

91+rim no.@mms.ricmail.com

n attach midi files n pic to the same

4. NO

5. yes

6. camera is gr8 i loaded some pic on my pc n the photo turned up gr8

7. i'll have 2 agree that despite the talktime is ain't gud , the standby time is amazing. if not used much it'll turn out a average 36hrs

8.yup

9. quite easy

10. no, i don't think dis one is present.

11. u'll have to check it out urself, as far as in my knowladge it ain't available in the open market in india but it is available outside by the name of LG VX 6000.

g-tran absolutely sux, many of new nokia handsets camera enabled, are available now.

or if u could wait a new phone is coming up NOKIA 6255 it ha video streaming and bluetooth also

check it out on www.nokia.co.in

Edited by gids

but WHEN is the 6255 coming out...

im losing patience and am planning to go ahead with the 6225 for the time being..

the nokia guy at WW told me itll take around 4 months atleast.. im not sure if he had the correct info!

yeah thats the problem, i am fed up of my GTRAN and am getting impatient now i will have to choose between 6225 and 7230

But the irony is that the features which are itself advertised are the ones which are specifically not present in the rworld of that phone.

Also the handsfree doesnt work. When as last resort contacted the chairman of rim i dunno whether its mukesh or anil go knows sum yogini called up to me within 15 mins and patiently asked me bout the problem.

U get a series of calls from the call center , the service center of lg , and also the techie staff of reliance. In my telephonic converstation with the chairmans office i offered to help those buttheaded people with the appz on rworld for brew coz i had learnt sum of it myself. Its easy and the sdk of brew feels like heaven. But still they wont do it and simply launch the phone without support for it. This is what u called not unprofessionalism but plain conman cheating people.

Moral of the story lg rd 6000 s**ks !!!!!!!!!!! And i m a fool that i brought the phone out and i feel cheated guys ((((((((((

:( ((((((((((

Edited by Arun

But the irony is that the features which are itself advertised are the ones which are specifically not present in the rworld of that phone.

Also the handsfree doesnt work. When as last resort contacted the chairman of rim i dunno whether its mukesh or anil go knows sum yogini called up to me within 15 mins and patiently asked me bout the problem.

Moral of the story lg rd 6000 s**ks !!!!!!!!!!! And i m a fool that i brought the phone out and i feel cheated guys 

23159[/snapback]

I quite understand ur situation "askme". Now that u know the phone in and out, it wud interesting to know from you all abt RD6000. Mind writing a detailed report on the phone??

I quite understand ur situation "askme". Now that u know the phone in and out, it wud interesting to know from you all abt RD6000. Mind writing a detailed report on the phone??

23277[/snapback]

lg rd 6000 review (detailed or not that u decide)

Well first of allfor the newbies

1)lg rd 6000 is a clamshell phone with 65k display. It has a brightness control option too.and da pics are gr8 looking!!!

2)The phone has sum 3.3 mp cam which takes 640 X 480 res pics at high res and 160 X 120 pics at low res u cant zoom to 4X at high res :(

3)It lets u store 20 pics in the gallery and another 20 or so in the mms inbox.

dont worry if u outta memory u cn email it to ur pc.

4) The inbuilt ringtones are not at all good but they r many apart frm a few others are vry slow in volume and the sharp ones are baad.

5)The ringtones which u download frm net means email cannot be sved if they r more than 30 kb. also the ones which u save degrade overall in volume whe u playthem.

6)You can save 30 more ringtones and 46 come inbuilt so i thnk thas enuf.

7)The phone has a good ph book wherein its having almost 10 entries per contact.

like home 1 2 mobile 1 2 etc

8)Battery life is a lil u can say average coz it is not always showing fully charged even when its only 15 mins or so of use

and one bar reduces mystriously even if u have used only sum gallery viewing option. They give u 2 batteries i guess even they know it that their battery s**ks

9)The phone does not have a handstrap and doesnt provide a hole for 1 dunno why and its hard for ppl who dont have a pocket (LADIES).

10)The handsfree is as good as NOT USABLE coz u cant attend phones by pressing that button on handsfree(got assurance frm asc goregaon that its a s/w bug and reburn the f/w on the phone asap).

11)the best tool is the voice memo recorder (upto 4 mins 16 secs only).

12)This phone doesnt like to play games with me :angry:

13)The phone also has a mysterious answering machine feature but it doesnt work at all god knows why???

14)The display looks good in sunlight.

15) Rworld IS NOT AT AL FUNCTIONAL DONT EVeN THINK BOUT PRESSING RWORLD BUTTON ON THIS PHONE ITS OF NO USe

Edited by Chirag

3.3 MP camera??? Isn't it 0.3?

and doesnt it have a 262k colour screen?

23371[/snapback]

whatever it is its still doesnt give u the rworld thingie dude

lg rd 6000 review (detailed or not that u decide)

Well first of allfor the newbies

23357[/snapback]

I too bought the phone and felt cheated at first but after some time when you go through the features, it is a really good phone and I am in love with it.

a) it is a 0.3 MP camera and the resolution is very good, esp. the low light ability and the EV compensation. It shoots better in low light than my 2 MegaPixel Canon or any other digital camera I have seen (I am a dealer of Digital Cameras).

B) The display is a brilliant 2,62,000 colors. All the Nokia owners hide their phones when I show them the display.

c) The answering machine is fully functional, you have to know how to use it. To use the answering Machine - Menu - 9 - 3 - 3 and set it to answering machine and it will work. If you want to listen when the phone is recording - than Menu - 9 - 5 - 2 and set the speaker to on and you can hear what the phone is recording and you can choose to take the call!.

d) The headphone s**ks and it may be a firmware problem, hope it gets solved. Till them I am putting the phone on Auto answer - again Menu - 9 - 3 - 3.

e) Battery life is better than any other LG phone though not in the class of Nokias. It gives 3 days of standby without much use. But I know a friend who received / makes 80 calls and still the battery lasts for 1 and half day.

f) You can send MMS directly from you phone to any email id, first for Relaince. Its a pleasure sending emails from the phone.

g) Bit pim works like magic and you can add as many wall papers as you like and with the brilliant LCD display, the wallpapers look as good as on the display of my laptop.

h) Yes, I miss the games and R world features but I hope Reliance takes care of them soon. Basic R world is functional, only the multimedia content is not available.

i) The phone has true usb connectivity (not serial like other LG phones). Hope Reliance has the sense to give a straight USB data cable for the phone so that we can tap the 230 Kbps speeds offerred by the phone.

All in All it's a great phone for the 9000 odd rupees you spend on it. All other GSM phone in this range have only 4096 colors (Nokia) or max 65K color displays and 100 K cameras and slow gprs.

Edited by Chirag

:clap: Image shot on my LG 6000. in a room.

Remember the phone does not have a flash. See the resolution. I feel it is better than Nokia 6600 and of course any other Reliance phone.

post-2211-1105166646_thumb.jpg

how about this for a 7230?

its my pet

this was taken in a semi illuminated room as well.

the phone gives real good results when taking close ups

post-976-1105170247_thumb.jpg

Edited by tanveer

My friend just bought this 6000 phone and it is certainly the best looking phone from reliance thus far.

as far as the features are concernedi was not too impressed.

The phone does not come with data cable. They are charging 10k for this and they dont give data cable, thats not done!

It can not recieve MMS, though it can send photos clicked on it

The R world platform looks totally bland and added to that videos and some other features are missing

The display and screen area are really wonderful

Correct me if i am wrong

Hey friends I got LG RD6000 the phone is Great but you cannot access R World.

No R World

No Proflile options

No Downloadable ringtones

No Wallpaper to Download

Manual very poor does not explain function of the Answering Machine.

No Hands Free Speaker.

Cannot receive MMS or send MMS

NO Videos

NO Trailers

No Option to increase or decrease volume for speaker

Hey friends I got LG RD6000 the phone is Great but you cannot access R World.

No R World

No Proflile options

No Downloadable ringtones

No Wallpaper to Download

Manual very poor does not explain function of the Answering Machine.

No Hands Free Speaker.

Cannot receive MMS or send MMS

NO Videos

NO Trailers

No Option to increase or decrease volume for speaker

24129[/snapback]

hey dude whas the side button for vol ume up down

and u can receive and send mms try 91 ph no @mms.ricmail.com ok

and regrading rworld

we cant do much bout it this happens with every phone

My friend just bought this 6000 phone and it is certainly the best looking phone from reliance thus far.

as far as the features are concernedi was not too impressed.

The phone does not come with data cable. They are charging 10k for this and they dont give data cable, thats not done!

It can not recieve MMS, though it can send photos clicked on it

The R world platform looks totally bland and added to that videos and some other features are missing

The display and screen area are really wonderful

Correct me if i am wrong

24000[/snapback]

hey u got r world totally functional in ur phone lg 7230??????