Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
AmanJ

All about LG RD6000

yes i have each and everything working,

and my friend was unnable to open MMS

NNs was received alright but they had a text format and not the run or connect option as in other phones. I tried using my phone as well as the SMTP server thing. It failed on both counts.

Are u able to run MMS s on your phone?

yes i have each and everything working,

and my friend was unnable to open MMS

NNs was received alright but they had a text format and not the run or connect option as in other phones. I tried using my phone as well as the SMTP server thing. It failed on both counts.

Are u able to run MMS s on your phone?

24221[/snapback]

tanveer just got news that theyr upgrading rworld maybe right or wrong thas why mms is temporarily unavailable but it will work soon.

whas more u dont need to connect anyhwere when u receive mms its there in ur phone and ya try scrolling down mostly the mms pics are at hte bottom and even i thot first that it was only a text message received. by the way is ur phone on brew or on java rworld???

I have a 7230 and of course it runs on java. My friend has a 6000.

as far as the upgrading of MMS is concerned they call that whenever their server is down and say that it is being upgraded.

dont expect anything so soon.

but keep complaining on CC and chairman s office every now and then. That is the only thing that will speed up the progress.

hey

how can u store 30 more ring tones????

also if i have downloaded some wallpapers does it mean i can take less photos and store them in my phone????

if i send in a photo mms does u r photo quality also decrease????

:clap1: Image shot on my LG 6000. in a room.

Remember the phone does not have a flash.  See the resolution.  I feel it is better than Nokia 6600 and of course any other Reliance phone.

23681[/snapback]

when u send in an MMS does the photo quality reduce or is it still better ??? please i just got the phone

I bought Rd 6000 just 15-20 days back. the poblem is that i dont get all the functions in rworld. I dont get movies, songs , hot and new,messaing etc. do the other holders of this mobile facing the same problem.The customer service aying since this is a new handsets the othr services wil be loaded in due course.

Help guys.

RD6000 is significantly different from the other LG Phones in a sense that it's R-World is powered by Brew technology, while the older phones were based on JAVA. It will take some time for the developers at Reliance to bring everything up on your phone. Patience is the name of the game.

Adding to Puneet, I saw some of the BREW enabled handsets in Supercomm 2004 at Pragati Maidan, last year at the Reliance stall. Man were they good?? The handsets could play live streaming video @30 FPS. Not like the current handsets where we get very low FPS(Frames per second).

You know what that means?? You can watch TV channels or full length movies on your handset.

I actually watched some of the major TV channels on the handsets. It was awesome.

I con't seem to find any IR port on the handset.

Pls don't tell me it does not have any IR or speakerphone?!

The navigation keys are too close to the other buttons and my thumb keeps pressing the soft keys or CLR by mistake!

I was shocked to find out that ascending ring volume is not an option as has been the case in Nokia for many years now...

The vibe mode only works alone or with max volume - it should have been available at all vol levels.

At least it has auto redial and voice memos ...

The strangets thing is that there is no mention of a website we could go for downloading any software to allow the backup of the data on a PC.

I called the customer center at:

96220-00001 and they gave me 2 landlines:

3098-0306 &

2765-7705

both of which were busy.

So the next time they gave me 2 mobiles:

98200-98916 (Mr Vishwas) &

98201-37910 (Mr Shailesh)

the 1st was busy while the 2nd had no pickup

I spent 10-20 min on yahoo & msn searching around for LG mobile websites with no luck.

Wonder why a URL is so hard to obtain...

The navigation keys are too close to the other buttons and my thumb keeps pressing the soft keys or CLR by mistake!

I was shocked to find out that ascending ring volume is not an option as has been the case in Nokia for many years now...

The vibe mode only works alone or with max volume - it should have been available at all vol levels.

At least it has auto redial and voice memos ...

25187[/snapback]

well i dont find any problems with the same.. i even send photos from mail to my phone and they are just too good man.

but i dunno there seems to some problem with the ringtones.. i got few ringtones in midi format and a,m sending them to my phone but they are not yet reached.. also some ppl have said that u can store upto 30 ringtones.. how is that ????

does anybody have good polyphonic ringtones to send then please tell me i will give my number so u can send them to me.

The strangets thing is that there is no mention of a website we could go for downloading any software to allow the backup of the data on a PC.

Wonder why a URL is so hard to obtain...

25187[/snapback]

1) The PC sync software is sold with the data cable at LG service center and is available on www.lgmobiles.com

2) There is no IR port on the handset and neither there is a speakerphone. YOu can transfer images to pc by sending them as an email to you email address (prereably yahoo) or by using a datacable and bitpim.

but i dunno there seems to some problem with the ringtones.. i got few ringtones in midi format and a,m sending them to my phone but they are not yet reached.. also some ppl have said that u can store upto 30 ringtones.. how is that ????

does anybody have good polyphonic ringtones to send then please tell me i will give my number so u can send them to me.

25190[/snapback]

You can send ringtones as emails (in .midi format) to yourphone@mms.ricmail.com or by using datacbale and bitpim. Though the ringtones transferred are low in volume.

well i dont find any problems with the same.. i even send photos from mail to my phone and they are just too good man.

M facing the same problem since yesterday. Seems like Reliance has blocked incomimg mail to ricmail.com from yahoo :(

Anyone with a solution??

some of lg 6000 have defects. admitted by LG

I just bought LG 6000 around 25 days back. Frst of relience guys folod me tht the mobile is with full R-world facility and MMS etcwhcich never came to be true.It doesnt have full r-world and now MMsalso problem,

Am not able to receive MMS although am able to send. Everthing was fine few days back but suddenly problem errupted.*333 says its native problem of the handset was would be solved.If native problem why I am able to send and also receive MMS for few days time.Why u guys not telling customers the lackings in the mobile before they buy.ALL BLOODY CRAP.The executives knws nothing.

If any body has LG RD 6000 and is facing no problem in MMS or otherwise. Plaese contact me on 9322270081 or repy yo this message.LETS TAKE UP THE MATTER WITH RELIANCE .

M facing the same problem since yesterday. Seems like Reliance has blocked incomimg mail to ricmail.com from yahoo :P

Anyone with a solution??

25248[/snapback]

well i dont know.. i have been trying to send in the ring tones thru gmail also.. yet i am not getting the same.. has it got to do something with the Rworld upgratdation that reliance is doing which i heard of in one of the otehr forum discussions.. i dunno. anybody got any clues

I just bought LG 6000 around 25 days back. Frst of relience guys folod me tht the mobile is with full R-world facility and MMS etcwhcich never came to be true.It doesnt have full r-world and now MMsalso problem,

Am not able to receive MMS although am able to send. Everthing was fine few days back but suddenly problem errupted.*333 says its native problem of the handset was would be solved.If native problem why I am able to send and also receive MMS for few days time.Why  u guys not telling customers the lackings in the mobile before they buy.ALL BLOODY CRAP.The executives knws nothing.

If any body has LG RD 6000 and is facing no problem in MMS or otherwise. Plaese contact me on 9322270081 or repy yo this message.LETS TAKE UP THE MATTER WITH RELIANCE .

25344[/snapback]

i also was able to send in mms in the starting but now even i am facing problems.. i am not able to recieve any mms at all????

25299[/snapback]

what are u sayin??? is it really true??? if is it so .. how can one find out whether hi/her set is a defect piece or not.. can u help me.. is it y we are having a mms problem???

25299[/snapback]

what are u sayin??? is it really true??? if is it so .. how can one find out whether hi/her set is a defect piece or not.. can u help me.. is it y we are having a mms problem???

25437[/snapback]

Full Mulitmediat content in R World is now available on the LG RD 6000. MMS are being sent from the phone but there is some problem in receiving MMS. This is purely a problem of RIM and has nothing to do with the handset. It should be solved in a few days hopefully.

The LG 6000 is a great phone. The only problems I have found with the phone are:

1) The handsfree not being able to connect call and end call. It has to be done from the handset. This may be a software problem and if the LG guys come up with a software update, this will be solved.

2) The memory of the phone is limited. You cannot download a lot of multimedia content from R World if your gallery and rintones / wallpapers are full.

i have not been able to send any MMS to any GSM yet

but that maybe due to an interconnect issue between operators

probably dealing with revenue share...

i have not been able to send any MMS to any GSM yet

but that maybe due to an interconnect issue between operators

probably dealing with revenue share...

25445[/snapback]

Hey guys chilllllax i m able to :-

Send and receive MMS and SMS

Sms to gsm subscribers

phone has a lotta memory i guess which phone offers 20-30 pics inbulit(min) right nowin reliance?????

well we all gotta take up the issue bout giving a kick in the *** to reliance for actually FOOLing us. the very first post bout this fooling thing was frm me and not sure why sum1 took it out or added it sumwhere else coz i posted it for uguys benefits. so that ur not in for a surprise when u buy thr phones

I TOTALLY agree with GMAX that we shud take up this issue to The chairmans office i personally tried my BEST but to no avail coz the CC goons closed my case prematurely.

while they say the handsfree thing is a bug in the s/w but the patch is available at the ASC as per the CC goons. I havent gone there though (goregaon ASC) ne guys wanna accompany me so that we can go for a picnic ther lolz ur all welcome.

regarding the rworld well the problems with reliance are that they seem to declare

things too early than they keep pace with keepin promises. but then they gotto give us some time limit. i dunno how to get the source code working there maybe CODE could help me i got sum hands on in Brew sdk recently

So all u guys reply to me pls plls that whether we shud start a separate topic on who and when complained to the CC or chmns office for specifically LG rd 6000

or how bout starting a signing campaign for the complains and sendit in one single mail to the Chairmans office i think that mightbe a lil more effective on those INSENSITIVE people(admins can edit this if they want ;-) .

As for u guys who own LG rd 6000 we gotto be stay united and stya calm and get new ways to solve these things to benefit ourselves!!!!!!!!!!! :(:angry::blink:

Am not able to receive MMS although am able to send. Everthing was fine few days back but suddenly problem errupted.*333 says its native problem of the handset was would be solved.If native problem why I am able to send and also receive MMS for few days time.Why  u guys not telling customers the lackings in the mobile before they buy.ALL BLOODY CRAP.The executives knws nothing.

25344[/snapback]

yeah gmax i m with u for further thingies read my reply to the last post in here.

maybe we cud atleast solve the HANDSFREE problem coz i think the CC guys told me that the new s/w without the handsfree bug is available at the CC maybe we cud call up one day andgo over ther

:(

Guys wait RWorld on Brew platform is still on trials, hopefully it should be enabled before March 2005.

Brew got some distinct advantage when compared to Java like,

1. It consumes less battery

2. Loads faster

and more

http://www.mobileinfo.com/News_2001/Issue26/BREW_J2ME.htm

anyone know if the data cables for other LG CDMA handsets might also work for RD6000?

just wanted to avoid buying a brand new one since its about: 1,570/-

FYI:

other accesories -

12V car charger = 635/-

Handsfree = 165/-

Hansfree car kit (speakerphone) = 3,245/-

seems like the generic cables & chargers are yet to hit the market in bulk for this model...

:-(

anyone know if the data cables for other LG CDMA handsets might also work for RD6000?

just wanted to avoid buying a brand new one since its about: 1,570/-

FYI:

other accesories -

12V car charger = 635/-

Handsfree = 165/-

Hansfree car kit (speakerphone) = 3,245/-

seems like the generic cables & chargers are yet to hit the market in bulk for this model...

:-(

25676[/snapback]

Data cable is available on baazee.com for Rs.400/- and works fine. After market car chargers and handsfree do not work well, so avoid buying them.

actually i should have mentioned i needed USB cables for my laptop

the ones online seem to be serial...